Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • £1000 – Road bike – Audax/Light tourer/Cx Bike
  • winston_dog
    Free Member

Any recommendations for a sub £1000 (Cycle to work scheme) road bike?

Looking for something that will take a rear pannier as well.

There seems to be a few options in CX bikes which might be useful for cheeky short cuts now and then.

Really like the look of the Genesis Croix de Fer but is just out of my budget.

Any suggestions?

hora
    Free Member

I’m bloody confused by the cyclescheme’s t&C’s – it says at the end that you have to pay them ‘market value’. I always thought it was a nominal fee agreed with your employer (but now Cyclescheme own the bike not your employer?!)

Blackhound

Forme Plateau and Cotic Roadrat have all the fittings

Del

should be able to get a full build surly crosscheck for that too.

hora – cyclescheme will only own the bike if cyclescheme are running your b2w.
    in reality it’s little different from your work owning it. the final value bit has been looked in to by HMC&E, last year, as they thought it too much of a wheeze that bikes were let go too cheaply, but depending upon who is administering the scheme, their idea of what a reasonable value is, is all that has to be justified to the accountants who audit the accounts.
    ultimately you’ll bike a bike cheaper than list on c2w, but it may not be as cheap as just buying one that’s on sale from last year for instance, and if you just shop around at least that way you get more choice on what, how much, and from where you get it.
    b2 will still work for a lot of people though.

rootes1

or you extend the hire agreement until the bike is worthless..

matthew_h
    Free Member

What about the Genesis CdF?

http://shop.18bikes.co.uk/products.php?plid=m1b0s442p1616

Very similar to the Croix de Fer but sneaking in under the threshold for C2W

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘£1000 – Road bike – Audax/Light tourer/Cx Bike’ is closed to new replies.