Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 181 total)
  • 100 push up challenge
  • organic355
    Free Member

Day 1 week 3 for me too, could only manage 20 on the final set, so 75 in total tonight.

razor1548
    Free Member

This is absolutely mindblowing.

Playing about with little toys to do press ups! What the hell are they putting in the water these days?

Doing press ups (call them push ups if you have **** fantasies over American sitcoms and soaps if you like) quickly, will do your body hardly any good at all.

If your wrists stop you from doing them, then you have a problem and need surgery or physiotherapy (I too have had breakages and also have tendonitis from long term abuse… if your wrists are damaged enough to stop you, then you have really badly damaged wrists).

Press up bars will make it harder on the chest and arm muscles IF you are doing them properly. Those two extra inches bringing your chest nearly to the floor count for a lot!

Anyone doing each press up in just a couple of seconds or without a straight back is at best going to not get very much benefit, and at worse damage their back!

A full breath in and out on each repeat is essential.

And finally… what is wrong with our country / culture when 100 press ups is considered extreme?

Maybe this is what happens when our sporting outlook is dominated by games. *shrugs*

donsimon
    Free Member

I too have had breakages and also have tendonitis from long term abuse…

*sniggers*

philconsequence
    Free Member

i was gunna post my progress as i started it on monday but i’ve slipped into a swoon induced coma

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Check out Jack; he snacks on 100 push ups

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIVfe-crHDs[/video]

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I can do 100 reasonably comfortably, but then I’ve always been able to do that. Being a skinny freak helps quite a lot. I do 50 every morning and 50 every evening though.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I have bought some of those perfect pushup things and they do make the whole movement much smooth – and also possibly a little harder with more core input it seems.

didn’t want to bend my wrists so much.

you can get cheaper versions, but I am pleased with them.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Just managed 20 with the Android App.It suggests I do 37 tomorrow. 😯

donsimon
    Free Member

Just managed 20 with the Android App

How many do you rackon without the app?

jwt
    Free Member

Week three Day one.
    Last three of the last set were a bit of a struggle………..

trickydisco
    Free Member

I can do 100 reasonably comfortably,

In 1 go?

I can rack out about 45 in one go but 100 would be some task. Sorry haven’t read the whole program but is this to do 100 pushups in 1 go without stopping?

organic355
    Free Member

yes 100 in 1 go without stopping.

miketually
    Free Member

I’ve decided that I’m going to complete each week 3 times before moving in. It seems to ramp up very suddenly between some weeks and I think this makes it much more sustainable long-term.

joao3v16
    Free Member

yes 100 in 1 go without stopping

And there’s many many many applications in your daily life where this is invaluable.

And once you can do 100, you need to keep doing press-ups for the rest of time, otherwise you’ll very quickly not be able to do 100 any more and all your efforts will have been for nothing.

I’m going to start the programme on Sunday 🙂

Good point by miketually too.

organic355
    Free Member

I think being able to a a high number of press ups will benfit me, I would like to do 100 once, butafter that if I can do 50 staight on a regular basis, it will greatly improve my strength on the bike, and will also really benefit my Karate in many ways.

baden

I’m in from Monday

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

Day 2 done.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

I decided to see how many i could do: 22 in 40 seconds and 28 in 1 minute. Fairly happy with that given i’m run down/feeling weak at the moment. Then went on to do 6 sets of 10 reps of press ups/press ups with a side twist/press ups with feet in the trx mixed with mountain climbers. Don’t think I can fit in the press up challenge as have just started a new trx/kettlebell workout and its killing me.

yunki
    Free Member

day 2 done and dusted.. I’ve gone for an easier starting point than necessary..
    also going for the 200 sit-ups to.. I hate sit-ups 😀

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

100?

nicko74

I’m starting on Monday; been trying to up my limit over the last couple of weeks and got pretty much nowhere (plus at my current rate it would take another couple of years to get to 100), so I’m going to give this a shot.

ononeorange

“Do these “100 push-up” doo-dah’s actually work?”

It’s the only way that we chaps can get to actually speak to girls…. 😉

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

Do they work for the laydeez? Yes, but you have to walk around with your shirt off

EDIT: That reads a bit wrong, never mind

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

also going for the 200 sit-ups to

careful with the situps – make sure that they are crunches as you can imbalance your core muscles and end up with a bad back.

You shouldn’t anchor your feet under anything for a start.

yunki
    Free Member

whoops…

week 1 day 3 done and dusted (with revised crunches instead of sit-ups)

jwt
    Free Member

Week 3, day 2.
    This could all end up being quite unpleasant and painful.

Keva
    Free Member

I prefer doing Hindu press ups, I reckon it’s a better exercise >

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcW61Bb8uOo

Kev

yunki
    Free Member

Those Hindu jobbies look excellent.. I’ll be giving them a try..

My little brother used to swear by these until he started taking his darts training a bit too seriously..

(not my brother in the vid BTW.. he’s always had a natural darts players physique..)

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w8WtFt0IPI[/video]

Keva
    Free Member

that’s a bit freaky!

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Up to 37 pressups on my android jobby.Think I should be doing a situps one.

zippykona

Just downloaded an app as I have real trouble counting to 8!
    Lots of scope for improvement.

fenred
    Free Member

Day 1 starts for me tomorrow. Also recruited a couple of fat blokes from work who are ‘wellard rugby players so should be interesting…me skinny bloke with long monkeyesque arms, them fat barstewards with only a few inches to drop 🙂

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

fended-less of your monkeyist prejudices please.

fenred
    Free Member

fended-less of your monkeyist prejudices please

Soz 😉

derekrides
    Free Member

If you struggle with them try doing ten, but like this.

Do 1, then get up, then get down and do two, then three and so forth see if you can reach ten.

Done them for years bloody boring things, trouble is once you’ve done them you then build pecs, which soon become moobs if you don’t keep em toned, so beware…

jwt
    Free Member

Week 3 day 3, strangely not as painful as day 2?

yunki
    Free Member

week 2 column 2 day 1

crunches and push ups.. 😀

oldgit
    Free Member

Weeds.
    When I was in my late teens and early twenties we all could do 100 push ups, or as the school prefered as many in 60 seconds. Any kid talking was given between 10 and 50. It was currency before the net, mobiles etc.

When your in Woburn next, call me for a local speciality. Stone Throwing!
    There’s a lake by the play area and you have to clear it.

Edit; only managed 37.

Edit edit, I’m in. Note to self don’t try push ups after twenty years of not doing them and after your evening meal.

oldgit
    Free Member

I can rack out about 45 in one go but 100 would be some task. Sorry haven’t read the whole program but is this to do 100 pushups in 1 go without stopping?

I assumed in one go, what’s the point otherwise?

As an aside – if people are just doing this as a challenge, then go for it, but if you want to get buff then forget it.

I’ve done press ups on and off for years and yes, you can see a difference if you keep them up. However, despite telling myself for years I never would, I’ve joined a gym. The transformation in a few weeks doing a full range of workouts is unbelievable.

If you do go to a gym though, work hard – don’t just fanny about like some you see there. Hit the biggest weight you can do 10-12 reps with, rest for a minute and then do another set – then another. Push yourself to do bigger weights and coupled with a decent diet you can get very toned, very quickly. Oh, and do some cardio while you are there too – for both fitness and fat burn.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 181 total)

The topic ‘100 push up challenge’ is closed to new replies.