Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 181 total)
  • 100 push up challenge
  • Really don? I wish it were true, then my life would almost be complete.

donsimon
    Free Member

Really.

No.

juan
    Free Member

When do you stop pushing up when you try it for the first time and how do you do the push ups?
    Is it suppose to hurt? Do you go until you can’t any more, do you stop when it start to ache? Do you have to have both feet on the ground? Only one? Do you keep your elbows close against your chest? Do you open your amrs wide?

donsimon
    Free Member

Lack of question mark denotes a statement and not a question, therefore no answer required. Perhaps you’re not quite as AWESOME as I thought. 😥

I’m a failure don – I almost berated what I perceived to be your poor punctuation too. 🙁

emsz
    Free Member

erm 4…

macho bullshit LOL

yunki
    Free Member

week 1 column two.. I’m taking it very steady after last years disaster.. 8)

ian martin
    Free Member

Just started using the android app, managed 20.
    Not bad but no where near a hundred.

marvincooper

Just done the test… 23 for me, 8 for Mrs C. Phew, still out of breath now! Only 100 days to go bring it on!

willard

Tried it last year, but had to stop when I got a bursitis on my right elbow and was advised to rest.

I think the last lot I did was 60 in two minutes, but it was a pass, so I didn’t care. It gets easier to get in the 300 club as you get older, so as long as my body holds together and I keep some fitness, I should be there by the time I am 80 or so.

organic355
    Free Member

I did 25 which puts me straight onto week 3, not sure if that’s good or bad?

samuri
    Free Member

Pushups really make my wrists hurt.

So I’m doing the 200 situps challenge instead. I was doing over 300 at a time before I broke a rib last year but it’s amazing how quickly it gets hard again.

What about a plank for 2 minutes challenge?

timidwheeler

Can girls play? Just had a go.
    Managed one then had a glass of sparkling wine. Then managed another.

samuri
    Free Member

try another. Three glasses of wine will make you not care any more. 😉

midlifecrashes

Oh dear, had a quick go and managed 27. Week three looks like a hard place to be.

justatheory
    Free Member

Just did 99 one armed finger and thumb push ups…must try harder.

donsimon
    Free Member

I think I’ve found a new hero. Can you drink copious amounts of alcohol too?

justatheory
    Free Member

No, LSD

CaptJon
    Free Member

Real men do pull ups. I can four, that’s right, four whole pull ups.

donsimon
    Free Member

No, LSD

Hmmm!
    Not sure about that. Are you considerably richer than us?

timidwheeler

Thank you for all your encouragement. You guys are so right, it’s just a case of discipline and application. Managed three and now to bed.
    I will finish the rest of the bottle tomorrow.

ivantate
    Free Member

Juat downloaded the free android app so I will play too.

organic355
    Free Member

Keen to get started, did my test last night, says I should wait a few days to start, maybe start on wednesday but is everyone starting next week?

purser_mark
    Free Member

There’s a lot of people moaning about wrist injuries on this thread, buy a set of push up bars,(wrists now straight), and crack on I reckon :mrgreen:

yunki
    Free Member

week one column two completed successfully last night.. I even did some sit-ups whilst I was caught up in the glory.. bring on wednesday

grrrr..!!

joao3v16
    Free Member

Do these “100 push-up” doo-dah’s actually work?

I tried an Android app version a couple of months ago. Followed the schedule religiously. Got to the end of the programme and could only manage 50 at the most.

I guess there are good and bad programmes … ?

A few years ago I managed to get up to 70 using my own made-up non-scientifically based exercise ‘programme’ … although I was a lot fitter overall at that time

BadlyWiredDog

At the moment I can only do around 25 press-ups before I have to switch to the other arm. I can’t believe some of you guys are up above 50, that’s impressive.

On the other side of it, I struggle to do a single one armed push up

BadlyWiredDog

Some of it is just simple motor learning, I think – your body gets used to and more efficient at the motion and better at recruiting muscles fibres efficiently. Or that’s my understanding of it. So when you do something like a million press-up challenge, a proportion of it is about becoming more efficient at the movement as well as improving muscular strength and endurance. Though gawd knows I’m not a sports physiologist, so I may have just invented all that…

I_did_dab
    Free Member

I used to do ~100 in around a minute back when I was a teenager, one-armed I could manage about ten, ~20 vertical legs up against a wall or tree (cf original Mean Machine) before I went a bit red in the face. For some reason, I thought it would impress girls 😆
    Nowadays, it’s ~25 a set, feet on a gym ball.

themountaingoat
    Free Member

Managed 25 . I do have long arms though so further to go than some!
    I clearly need to drink more beer .

organdonor
    Free Member

Managed 20 on the test, week 1 on Wednesday I think.

jwt
    Free Member

40 on the test, arms are a bit sore now…………….

sting
    Free Member

I’ve just this minute knocked 1 out, in the bathroom. 😉

rossi46
    Free Member

I did 15 this afternoon- with my 4 year old son sitting on me!
    Although my arms dont half ache now….

langylad
    Free Member

Think i’ll give this a go.
    Did 105 when a police recruit 18 years ago. My belly is much nearer the floor these days so should be even easier 🙁

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

Week 1, day 1 completed 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

Day 1 week 3 completed shoulders feel erm weak and wobbly suspect they will hurt tomorrow.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 181 total)

The topic ‘100 push up challenge’ is closed to new replies.