Home Forums Chat Forum 100 days of exercise until Christmas 2023

Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 1,191 total)
  • 100 days of exercise until Christmas 2023
    onehundredthidiot

I think I’m going to do core or yoga as a minimum everyday. Feeling full of the cold so week1 was good the next week will be a slog.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Yesterday was an easy day but I reckon I did do about 30mins of walking between family commitments. Today was a 3 HR ramble in the Borders. My local leisure centre has a beginner yoga class for men on Sunday morning so that’s the aim for next weekend. A step in the right direction.

jeffl

Did the Red Rat Rampage, organised by the team at Eyam Pump Track. Good fun although quite a big ride for me and my current level of fitness at 36 miles.

Think I’ll take it easy tomorrow.

eulach

Day 9. Accompanied my daughter rollerblading, mainly on the bike but also a skills session running alongside, turning, holding hands. Over an hour in all.

LAP13
    Free Member

D8 – migraine, meh!!!

D9

Paddleboarding wet session – self rescue, rescuing others, general bumbling about but bloody windy so a hell of a workout!

reluctantjumper

Day 9 is another Zwift session but I’ve also been for a walk at the local rocky beach too, needed to get some fresh air after all that staring at a screen!

PXL_20230924_145927538

ads678

Just a 45 minute blast down the canal and nature reserve today. Tried to push it through the wind though so still good exercise.

blokeuptheroad

Been at the shooting club today for our monthly range day, with a 2 hour drive either side, so not had chance to do a great deal. However, lots of walking to and fro to change targets and a short walk when I got back just now, just tipped me over the 30 mins.

Gym tomorrow but upper body only as my leg is still kaput after my bike spill on Friday.

sandboy

I’ve had a recovery day, extended dog walks both this morning and afternoon coupled with some stretching and foam roller which has hopefully sorted my painful hip.
    Sandboy Jnr has completed this challenge at least twice, started last weekend  and has now got some of his flatmates at Warwick Uni roped in for 90 days before Christmas.

The challenge spreads its wings!

scotroutes

Day 9 – social spin this morning.

PXL_20230924_111337213

Loch Garten this afternoon. A pleasant 13c and we made it out before the skies opened!

GX010296_1695575387356

Caher

Handy tip: don’t do Romanian deadlifts in the morning and and a Zwift session in the evening. I think I’ve shredded my hamstrings.

Merak

Day 7 blowing a gale and bouncing down outside. I could see it far enough today but still got 35 mins on Zwift.

walowiz

Day #9 – swim 3 km in 64 minutes, very very slow – bad nights sleep and not enough time for a full recovery.

Walked wombat later 2.6 km in 40 minutes, she’s also not fast today.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

I think some pictures of Wombat would raise morale!

AndrewL

Evening ride after work on Friday -on the plateau from Eyam, out through Foolow and back via the Barrel at Bretton (no pint unfortunately) definitely needing the lights now, photo a bit murky

Eyam loop

Yesterday feeling not quite 100% so a walk in the woods

Today a ride out towards Big Moor and back via Holmesfield
    Bit of a walk in the woods later.

Park Wood

Good to hear what everyone else up to.

bonni

9. Steep hilly walk this morning. Then ran the line at an under 14s football match. Ended up with 15 k steps.

Distinct lack of cycling in my first 9 days. Hoping to resolve this this week.

Pyro

Days 8 and 9 – Adventure Race training!

I’m claiming a 24hr event as both days. I need to work out the more precise distances but roughly 90km bike, 25km kayak and 25km trek.

24hr Adventure Race training event with a mate to help get him ready for Expedition Africa (AR World Champs this year) in a few weeks time. Race base at a little village hall near Church Stretton, so some decent hills nearby. Started Saturday lunchtime and did the following:

Bike 1: Ticklerton – Wroxeter(ish)
    Kayak: Wroxeter – Ironbridge
    Bike 2: Ironbridge – Ticklerton
    Trek: Ticklerton – Church Stretton – Ticklerton

None of which, bar the paddle, were exactly a direct shortest route, either!

Got about 90mins kip between the second bike leg and the trek; got in off the bike about half midnight, ate, slept and headed out again about 4am. Didn’t get as far as we’d have liked on foot but conditions and time dictated heading back a little early. Still a very good long play out!

P1020860

reluctantjumper

Walked up the Sugar Loaf this lunchtime.  Should at least offset the cake and biscuits I’ll be ‘forced’ to eat at my parent’s house this afternoon.

PXL_20230925_122352129PXL_20230925_114754646

blokeuptheroad

Gym sesh this morning. I wasn’t feeling it, but glad I went.

ayjaydoubleyou

3 days riding in the peak district done this weekend. Need to squeeze a quick half hour in tonight between work and visiting my parents.

ads678

Had a go at some yoga today. 20 minute beginner set with Adrienne, broke into a bit of sweat but felt I could do more so cracked into a core session!!

Sweating like a pig and blowing out my arse now!! Felt good though, I’ll give it a go again.

eulach

Day 9 An hour and a bit on the bike, small jumps and short techy descents interspersed with the obligatory wind back up on the gravel.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Karate cancelled so 1/2 hr of hill repeats on the cross bike

Merak

Day 8

30mims running. Lovely evening made it easy to get out the door and see the last of the sun.

sandboy

Just back from a fast 22 miles on the road bike, recovery day yesterday was just what I needed.
    Going to do some more stretching before going to bed.
    Edit – just heard Jnr has had an hour in the gym and a sauna. Very nice!😀

AndrewL

Ride in the afternoon up to Blacka Moor and Houndkirk area

curious cows

Blacka Moor

scotroutes

Weekly club run tonight, around Carrbridge this week. Lovely evening for it too.

PXL_20230925_183713168.NIGHT

LAP13
    Free Member

D10

Flailing arms around to some ‘rum and bass’ (Beatsaber)

rockbus

Another just a walk around the block tonight. Feels like a cop out but still better than nothing I suppose

walowiz

Day 10 – 2 mile swim in 71 minutes, felt very slow, but the time isn’t too bad. Am already getting that classic over trained feeling of constant fatigue.

Walked wombat later for 30 minutes, she was fast tonight, funny little thing was keen to get the walk over and get back home!

Will post some pics of wombat

Edit some great pics on this thread

bonni

10. Gym sesh with son 2. Christ, he’s pretty strong! Or I am weak is more like it.

Got the gravel bike out to tempt me to put foot on pedal.

@rockbus
    – definitely better than nothing. Keep at it. 10% done today!

scotroutes

@rockbus – see the post immediately after yours about “over-training”!

Pyro

Day 10 – 1hr walk to a distant (but still local) convenience store to buy terrible Margaritas in a can.

jeffl

Putolined my chain after dinner so took the bike out for a 45 minute spin. Now I need to find the latest putoline thread as I have questions.

twistedpencil

400 press ups 400 sit ups. WFH and running around with the kids has limited me today, but day 10 done.

kimbers

yoga b4 bed

chestrockwell

Core class yesterday, bike ride today.

Not joined this, as can’t commit to EVERY day – however, gym, bike, circa 8k steps, something most days. Thought I’d done well at 61k calories burned in September, until I did the math and that’s only 2440/day – including estimated calories burned at rest. Thought it would be more

jimfrandisco
    Free Member

Kids and domestic duties limit leaving the house, so mostly doing bodyweight/no equipment type exercise sessions, with some pull-up bar stuff.

Interested in any youtube exercise videos that people want to share, currently alternating between a few of the below, but need to mix in a few more to keep it interesting.

Minimal talking, enough gap between exercises to get ready for the next etc, count down timer.

https://youtu.be/1Nyh-CIDLfc?si=YPxYqGFrE3i8Bg20

https://youtu.be/mdSoSwbqKpY?si=sXFp4cMgXLmPqsr3

https://youtu.be/O1pD3K8xZc4?si=520H8Xc51j3pQcPA

I’m under no illusion that I’ll end up looking like the guys in the videos, but they’re enough to be a challenge for now and I feel stronger than I have in many years.

Only 90 days until xmas…

reluctantjumper

Did two laps of the Verderer’s trail at the FOD this morning, plus a run down Corkscrew/Launchpad. The ground is rather wet and muddy now, not quite enough to lose all the grip but it’s not far away.

Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 1,191 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.