Home Forums Chat Forum 100 days of exercise until Christmas 2023

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 1,191 total)
  • 100 days of exercise until Christmas 2023
    AndrewL

Yesterday walking about with the big coat on during the rain and wind.

Made it to the bouldering wall and blundered about in there for an hour or so.

Good to hear what everyone else is getting up to.

LAP13
    Free Member

D6

Just a gentle walk. Got me outside though

blokeuptheroad

Day 6 done. An hour in the gym lifting weights. Might squeeze a walk in with the other half this evening too.

jeffl

Went for a run on Monday. Come Tue morning my plantar fasciitis had massively flared up. Hobbling around like an old man. So was only a dog walk yesterday, but hoping to go out for a ride later today after work. Oh and after I’ve replaced the rear brake pads on the car.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Why are runners constantly injured and/or in pain?I guess, running on pavement and road just damages your joints.Give it up,have a go at a sport called cycling!😄

gordimhor

Day 6 Walk in Glencoe, plus 20 min Tai Chi
    Day 5 Tai Chi plus an hour on the road bike
    Day 4 30 minutes swimming pool and Tai Chi
    Seems like the Tai chi has become my default exercise so I’ll shut up about it

Merak

Day 4 35 min 4mile run, beginning to hurt now.

Medicinal whisky tonight.

Stick in everyone.💪

crossed

6/100

Struggling today as I’ve got some manflu thing going on. A couple of hour long walk with the hound and that’s my lot for today, it’s wiped me out!

Hopefully back on it properly tomorrow.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

45 min run. still fat, I want results people!

blokeuptheroad

45 min run. still fat, I want results people!

Me too.  Though the pizza followed by raspberry and apple crumble I’ve just had probably hasn’t helped.

sandboy

Just over an hour on the road after work which could well become the default setting for this challenge. It’s not too much effort to get out and I’ve never regretted a bike ride!
    I’ve still got a nagging pain in my right hip so I’m not running until it’s sorted itself out.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Yeah, i’m coming to the same conclusion about the bacon and hash brown bun and mountain of biscuits I got through at work today:/

…but I had a banana for FIRST breakfast….🤷‍♂️

eulach

Day six all done with a run around the hill.

I am liking the idea of multiple breakfasts. I am going to include this in my weekend regime.

AndrewL

Early evening stroll around BurbageBurbage sep 23 2

Burbage sep 23 1

Burbage sep 23 3

onehundredthidiot

It’s been bike turbo or run up to today. So it was a couple of online core focused work outs. Mrs 100th has generously shared her cold so that’s fun.

Pyro

Day 6 – 40min walk at lunchtime. Nothing hugely special, but extended a regular route slightly for a little bit extra distance.

ads678

Rowing machine tonight. 7km in 30 mins @ 38 stroke per minute or something. Fairly low setting as I haven’t used it for probably 2 years!! Sweaty and blowing a bit so must be doing something!

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Another day another walk, 20000 steps today. Trying hard not to eat rubbish but might need some toast now. Bike ride is the plan for tomorrow night.

walowiz

Day #6 – another swim, 2.6 km in 56 minutes, bloody slow as I was still knackered from swimming yesterday.

ton

3 sessions done today, which has been ace.   30 minutes strength and stretching, 90 minutes walk and a hour ride tonight.          love something to aim for.

rockbus

Long day at work so just got myself out for 30 min walk around the village

kimbers

bodyweight yesterday

then night ride tonight only lasted an hour or so

scotroutes

We’d planned a swim off Ben’s Beach at Morar today but it was properly wild.

Sort of made up for it (not really) with one and a half hour in the gym this evening – turbo, weights and yoga.

No classic scenery today so here’s a photo of my gym.

PXL_20230921_202012622

reluctantjumper

A day of two exercises today!

First was a walk along the local beach for 90 mins, following one of my little electric trucks around:

PXL_20230921_184622544

I thought that was all I would have time and inclination for as I’ve been stuck indoors all day on a training course on Zoom, definitely having my full of screen time but when I got back I had an urge to do what I originally planned for today. A Zwift session!

Either I’m getting into the swing of this or I’m going to hard too soon!

walowiz

Day #7 – turbo before work, 29 km in 55 minutes and 45 minutes of walking. Done

eulach

Day 7 was a 10k easy run along the river. Timing from the church clock, so no stress to keep up pace from a sports watch. A pleasantly surprising hour and six or seven minutes. Saw mallards, swans, special ducks, a heron and a blue flash that might have been a kingfisher.

reluctantjumper

Day 7 is a ride round the Cafall trail at Cwmcarn, only the short loop though. Thought it would be quiet early on a Friday but there was already quite a few cars in the car park. Bumped into a group of guys from Kent (judging by the places they were talking about) who were loud and very sweary, could hear them round most of the lap thanks to the acoustics of the valley! Also managed to ride through a what I think was a GMBN filming session just before the Pedalhounds junction, certainly a lot of GMBN jerseys in the group (who were completely blocking the trail) and I think I saw Neil Donoghue in the group. The camera crew a bit further down were a bit bemused to see me appear and mince down the trail 😁

Which reminds me I should report the multiple trees and branches down round the trail to NRW, got to find out how to do that not there’s no specific MTB Ranger.

higgo
    Free Member

Day 6: MTB

Day 7: lunchtime walk

Caher

Yesterday was a close run thing as work, the thunderstorms and a little under the weather meant I was in danger of missing. But Zwift for 30 came to the rescue. Already done a swim and weights tonight.

blokeuptheroad

A couple of hours of yer actual off road bicycling!  Writing cheques my skillset can’t cash and falling off on DH trails crafted by the local yoof. Grow up you daft old git!

It wasn’t quick and it wasn’t pretty but it was fun. And apparently I climbed 554m and expended over 1000 calories so happy with that 🙂👍

PXL_20230922_115716584PXL_20230922_121419118PXL_20230922_115403042

crossed

7/100

2h walk with the hound first thing while it was nice and sunny.

8km wet, muddy, slippery & hilly run in the pouring rain this afternoon. The shoes will take a while to dry but it was blooming enjoyable!

Pyro

Day 7 – 40min walk. Packing up to head away this weekend but needed lunch, so extended trip to the local shop.

More exciting things for the next two days, fortunately!

sandboy

A ride to the supermarket, 6 miles each way will do me for today.
    A whole week, well done everyone!

blokeuptheroad

A whole week, well done everyone!

Seconded.  Respect to everyone who dragged themselves out when they really didn’t fancy it, or juggled their busy schedules to squeeze a session in 👍

greentricky
    Free Member

6 mile walk today before the rain set in, last nights walk in the dark and wind, having to wear a big coat was a very depressing reminder that summer is over

scotroutes

Day 7.

Ran an intervals session with Mrs S this morning. She’s still rebuilding her fitness after cancer/chemo so these work well. I sprint back and forth and she does her steady pace. Forgot to get photos though so headed off up to Ryvoan on the gravel bike.

PXL_20230922_150626103

PXL_20230922_150717150

The heavens opened on my return and I got back very, very wet and cold. As above, a reminder that Summer has passed!

fazzini

so headed off up to Ryvoan

And so peace may descend upon the earth once more 🧘 hope you’ve warmed up @scotroutes 😁

I’ve struggled this week due to work, but, I have had 5 walks I wouldn’t have had otherwise so that’s OK.

scotroutes

LOL – I knew you’d appreciate it!

ads678

5k run tonight, not my best, but not my worst either.

Think we’re going away in the van tomorrow, maybe Lakes, no bikes though. Hopefully get a couple of half decent hikes in.

LAP13
    Free Member

D7

Feeling a bit grot and in a funk (not the good kind) so another gentle and little walk. With the husband though so all good

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 1,191 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.