Home Forums Chat Forum 100 days of exercise until Christmas 2023

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 1,191 total)
  • 100 days of exercise until Christmas 2023
    stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

32 minute walk completed. this might seem nothing, but when you have spent your whole adult life sat on a push bike, walking is a very painful and strange thing to do

Well done. After my 15 miles yesterday i was broken this morning, sore feet, pain down the side of my knee and really stiff and painful hips. I had to give work a miss today. But just been for a gentle walk for 45 mins which might not have happened if not for this. Tomorrow night will be harder as Tuesdays are normally a lazy night. I’ve got a new light to try out so will aim for a short local bike ride.

Pyro

Good effort eulach.

Very soggy 45min walk for me. Had a parcel to pick up from the local amazon locker so that got me out the door in the rain. Locker is only 500m from home, so took the long way round and did 4km.

rockbus

Home weights session for me.

Hated it as so weak! But wouldn’t have Done it without this challenge so I guess that’s the point!

scotroutes

50 mins turbo and 35 mins gym earlier while Mrs S was practicing her Gaelic singing for the Mod. I don’t know which is more painful :-)

1h15m leading the weekly club run in the lower reaches of Glen Feshie as it was beginning to get dark. Head torches next week I reckon.

PXL_20230918_183810763

jeffl

Just a local 50 minute spin on some gravel style trails before dinner. Nothing amazing but I’m taking it easy this week as I have a long ride planned for Sunday.

loum
    Free Member

Three morning runs so far.

Started using the outdoor gym machines for ten minutes or so on the way back. Something new for me.

Off out soon.

jimmy

I’ve been touring down through the Pennines since Saturday so strong start. Last day today, I’ll be*wanting* a rest tmrow!

kimbers

yoga Sunday as I hurt my back lifting furniture, bodyweight workout yesterday, which was tough- as after work i go straight out as a cub leader then pick up middle child from scouts

twistedpencil

Yoga a 6:30 this morning, this is not normal behaviour! Long day ahead but day 4 ticked off already. Looking forward to a bike ride tomorrow.

hightensionline

For any Zwifters around at lunchtime:

https://www.zwift.com/uk/events/view/3838603?s=08

Join Sepp Kuss and Team Jumbo-Visma to celebrate his and the team’s historic achievement in winning the Vuelta a Espana 2023 successfuly completing the trifecta of Grand tours for Jumbo Visma.

Sepp will ride for 45 minutes on ” Volcano Circuit ” at a steady pace.

alexpalacefan

I’m going SUP-ing today.
    It’s blowing a gale and pissing down.
    This is all your fault!

APF :-)

TiRed

25 minute sea swim and 5 minutes of shivering yesterday. Sea was flat and relatively warm. Club ride today.

reluctantjumper

For any Zwifters around at lunchtime:

https://www.zwift.com/uk/events/view/3838603?s=08

Excellent, a nice gentle spin after my FTP test yesterday and it’s really not very nice outside. Just the right length to listen to a podcast too!

blokeuptheroad

35 minutes of weights today. The upper bit of a upper/lower body split I’ve cobbled together. Easier than normal on account of being sore and battered after yesterday at Bike Park Wales.

I’ll be honest, I really wasn’t feeling it today. If it wasn’t for a rash commitment I’d made to some anonymous randomers 😉 on a push bike forum, I’d have said ‘cba’ and vegged out in the sofa.

So thanks for that! 👍😁

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Ooh, I missed this thread starting up again. I started riding to work again last week so technically I think I’m on track.

32 minute walk completed. this might seem nothing, but when you have spent your whole adult life sat on a push bike, walking is a very painful and strange thing to do

After borrowing a trainee guide dog for a few months I was amazed what a difference actually walking properly (i.e. getting my 10,000 steps in as an actual walk, not just mooching between my desk and the photocopier, and then doing decent 2-4 hour walks at the weekend) made to my posture and general mobility.

And more concerningly, 2 weeks since she went off and blinking heck are my back and hips sore! I’m tempted to swap my 2-mile / 15 minute bike commute for a walk a few days a week.

reluctantjumper

That Zwift ride above, done.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Has Houns fallen at the first hurdle again?

Rubber_Buccaneer

This is serious. I wouldn’t usually do anything on a Tuesday but to get my 30 mins in I have just done 5k on a damn treadmill. I hate running. Probably won’t be able to walk tomorrow but that’s OK as I have a ride planned 😀

LAP13
    Free Member

D4

15 mins of a Caroline Girvan full body workout and 15 min full body stretch

Might not be full on but as others, I wouldn’t have done anything if it wasn’t for this challenge

Merak

Day 2

10 mins yoga, 3.5mile run. Feeling fine now, may be different story in the morning.

scotroutes

I’m loving that the thread is already making a difference 😀

Day 4 – 50 min walk in some “soft” Highland weather checking out some options for a bucket list mini-adventure that should take place during the next few weeks.

PXL_20230919_120739179

ton

mrs ton is doing this with me.   she walked today while is restrained the offspring.   i cycles earlier.

all good.

bonni

4. P!ssing down here, so 2 x yoga vids completed. I am the opposite of flexible.

bikebob

A long walk in the persistent rain this morning. Drenched to my undies, but did it 😁.  Great thread to keep us all motivated.

crossed

4/100

An hours walk this morning with the hound then half an hour of weight stuff.
    Got the turbo set up and ready to use now as well.

ads678

6.75km run/walk tonight. Was originally an test to see if the dog would run with me. The dog failed!

Admittedly it didn’t help when I’d got round the block and realised I didn’t have poo bags, so got my wife to come out of the house with some, then the dog wasn’t going anywhere!

eulach

Day 4: Walked to the top of the hill and up the big antenna mast thing, 50 mins. I missed the sunset but saw the moon.

Thanks, Pyro – that helps.

IMG_20230919_195303

gordimhor

Got the bike sorted, then…..I took one look at the weather this afternoon and thought If it’s raining this much I might as well head for the swimming pool

mattyfez

I’m doing some breathing exercises and some yoga/meditation to cope with what my gas bill might be like over the festive season.

Does that count?

higgo
    Free Member

Day 4/100: running with local club – didn’t want to go (rarely do), enjoyed it (almost always do).

walowiz

Day #4 – wet and windy walk in the city, 4.3 km in 49 minutes.

Without this challenge I’d have sat on my butt kept working and not got up and out, so that’s good.

Caher

2 sessions a day so far. Just more intensive than usual. Odd thing is I’m really hungry all the time.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Was looking dubious, busy day, tea out, nit shampooing the kids…..but 40 mins of hill repeats on the drive (~200m @ 10-20%) rescued it. Just sat outside cooling off. Was pretty low intensity managed 10 reps, might do it once a week as a marker, see how much I can up it over the 100days as it’s repeatable and a good shite weather option

jeffl

Went to the shops to get some bits for dinner, but ran there via the extended semi scenic route

jodafett

I’ve broken myself in gently with 3 brisk walks and a weights session this evening.

rockbus

First go on Zwift this year….took me longer to get it set up and sorted than I actually rode!

didnthurt

This sounds like not much of a challenge. Do people actually do less than 30 minutes a day of exercise?

scotroutes

Have you read any of the thread or just the first post and skipped to here? 😂

reluctantjumper

The challenge id the consistency, plus it’s a minimum of 30 mins. Look at the posts above and a lot of us are doing more than that most days, the majority of mine will be 60 min training sessions and longer rides. Anything that encourages all of us to not miss a day is a good thing, especially when the weather’s crap and the darkness takes over.

hightensionline

@didnthurt Yes – if, for example, you have a chronic illness; family issues & caring responsibilities; you’re recovering from injury; have stresses with work, or in my case, all of those combined.
    We’re not all able to be the person we want to be, all of the time, so we try and start somewhere. This is that place for me. Empathy is something that comes with experience of those times for a lot of us.

@scotroutes
    – thank-you for doing this; it’s making a difference, which is everything for me right now.

Good luck to everyone giving it a go, even if it’s ‘not much of a challenge’ to other people on the outside.

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 1,191 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.