Home Forums Chat Forum 100 days of exercise until Christmas 2023

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 1,191 total)
  • 100 days of exercise until Christmas 2023
    fazzini

Day 2 and just a little leg turner this morning on the bike, gardening this afternoon, and I may go for a little walk later.

Rode up to Loch Morlich

The real question is, how long til my favourite bothy puts in an appearance @scotroutes?? 😉😂

sandboy

I’ve been suffering with Sciatica all week so not an ideal start!
    Did a very gentle 22 miles on the road which followed by an extended dog walk along the river.
    Today has been some gardening this morning followed by another longer than usual dog walk.
    My Sciatica feels a bit easier and the dogs are very happy!
    Hopefully get back to running this week.

scotroutes

@fazzini – do you think I’m doing requests now?  ;-)

reluctantjumper

A gentle spin to and round the local park this morning, nothing strenuous but perfect Zone 2 stuff. Was heaving with runners all trying to get out and beat the rain forecast at 10am so wasn’t calm like it normally is. Was going to do a FTP test this afternoon but that will be tomorrow now as I’ve got a bit of pain in my left leg, nothing bad but don’t want to aggravate anything this early into the challenge!

bonni

2: A walk in the mires, then up a small fjell for me.

ads678

22.5k xc ride with my son. Would have gone a bit further but he wasn’t as enthusiastic as I was about adding in a couple more hills. TBF I had promised I’d take him to greno woods. Might do that after work/school tomorrow .

Got stung on the back of my neck by a wasp on the ride as well!!

munrobiker
    Free Member

First day was 15 miles on the road. Upped the game today with 50 miles on the MTB – it was meant to be 75 but I was having an Evenepoel scale bad day with the legs (despite apparently getting some very quick Strava top tens up one hill 🤷‍♂️ ) and the bike broke so I sacked it off and got the bus home.

Going to listen to my body and do some gentle stuff over the next few days.

LAP13
    Free Member

D2

Couple of hours at band rehearsal (I move around a LOT so the dancing counts!)

20 and a bit minutes doing some active movements and yoga all mixed in whilst listening to the recordings from this morning so I’ve done the 30 mins or so, in my own way!

AndrewL

Digging and mattocking for the community garden for a couple of hours then a tootle on the commute bike.

Still very hazy here

IMG_20230917_173025918

ton

5 mile walk into town yesterday.    for beers.     i dont walk anywhere, so this morning, i couldnt hardly move.

10 mile leg loosener today was enough.

Pyro

Yesterday – couple of hours bouldering at the local climbing wall plus an hour’s yoga in the evening, since the weather was a bit pish

Today – couple of hours steady run/hike up on Ilkley Moor since the weather was a bit better :)

MoreCashThanDash

Leisurely 2.5 hour cafe ride with the club this morning, 2 hours gardening this afternoon.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Took the kids swimming, did some weights, can of recovery stout watching Mortimer and Whitehouse in a bit

chestrockwell

Walk up the moors for me today, decent amount of climbing so good enough.

rockbus

Swimming lesson this evening. Not especially strenuous but something different

crossed

2/100

20 minutes of gym work tonight. Not the full half hour but I’ve been pottering all over the place on the bike today which will make up for more than half hour exercise.

hightensionline

Day 2 – half hour spin to Screwfix to pick up some bits & pieces (would normally have driven), followed by needing to go back for the correct bits, because I’m a moron. Walked there the second time, so an hour and a half of listening to music, which was a bonus.

johnny

Can slack types like me join late? I have two days in hand….

Only 49 mins ride and back to the shop on Saturday, but today was a good 3 hours (moving time) winching up and descending in the FOD.

gordimhor

So far I’ve added Tai Chi,20 minutes each day, and an extra hour on the road bike yesterday. Two hours walking ( mostly in the rain) today.

fathomer

We’re on a Scotland trip so Day 1 was a couple of hours at Dunkeld to break up the journey. Day 2 was Heartbreak Ridge, Mastermind and Pannanich Woods.

crossed

3/100

An hour walking the dog then a gentle 30 minute 5k run.
    It’s time to try building the running back up after a dodgy lower back put a stop to it a month or so back.

twistedpencil

Yesterday I swam with my youngest for over an hour, I forget how much swimming works the body. Today, I was going to do my usual chuck in a ride for 30minutes but the weather is grim, so I’ve taken a plunge into yoga with Adriene.  First 30minute session okay, I can see how it can work, so will keep at it.  A few core exercises and push ups later will round out the day.

100 days of exercise may already have tweaked my daily routine 😀

TimP
    Free Member

Day 1 was a 15km relaxed ride on the South Downs

Day 2 was 30mins on the treadmill.

Tonight I’ll be out doing a gentle run in the real world. Not sure I have a full 30mins running so aiming for 3.5km run followed by walking to make up the time

mtnboarder

Day 1 walking round Edinburgh with grumpy kids
    Day 2 First trip to Tarland, albeit on the ebike.

Tonight, Peloton, might do some core classes

higgo
    Free Member

3/100: 30 minutes of core strength exercises. That was deeply unpleasant. I ignore core strength and only do these exercises when I need to ‘tick off’ a daily exercise commitment (normally RED January). Running tomorrow with local social running club but Wednesday is normally a rest day so I’ll need to find something to do that’s kind on my legs – maybe drag out a lockdown yoga session?

Does anyone consider riding a motorbike as exercise? I was once told (but can’t find anything to back it up) that you can burn 500 cal/hr riding a motorbike ‘actively’.

chestrockwell

Circuit training for me today.

AndrewL

Sunshine and showers, managed to pick a good gap to get out on the bike later on, quite breezy so mainly in the woods.

top of piper house

strawberry lea pasture

blokeuptheroad

Uplift day at BPW today. Not home yet, on a halfway pitstop.  I’m absolutely rinsed, so that’s my effort for the day!

LAP13
    Free Member

D3

Core exercises and body weight stuff with some yoga mixed in

bonni

3. Just managed 45 minutes brisk walk up and over a small ski hill after work. The blueberries have gone and so have the mushrooms. Still, on the way down I eyed up some possible bike lines for next summer. Not even classed as cheeky here.

253FE325-2E98-4C76-9E7D-2B9730B2ABC1

onehundredthidiot

30mins on a treadmill before work followed by a cold shower.

Merak

Late to the party but I’ve let things slip recently.

So Day 1 Gravel bike local loop, 40 mins.

Aim to run at some point this week too.😬

walowiz

Day #3 – 61 mins on the turbo 31.5 km and 30 minutes brisk walking later. Done

ton

32 minute walk completed.   this might seem nothing, but when you have spent your whole adult life sat on a push bike, walking is a very painful and strange thing to do.    oh, and at 20 stone, it is hard as well.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Karate! Juudooooooh-CHOP!

will get on the chinning bar once the kids are in bed too

ayjaydoubleyou

Day 3 – so early in the challenge, and it’s working. If I wasn’t on this thread I would have sat on the sofa all night after driving to work and back.
    But I had a reason to go out, so 3.1 miles running slowly round the local woods.

sandboy

I managed to get out for an hour on the road biking as the sun was setting.
    The great thing about this challenge is that you are more likely to be out and witnessing things you wouldn’t see otherwise. It has really given me a bit of a lift.

reluctantjumper

Just done a Ramp Test on Zwift ready for starting the Fondo plan. A measly 183w, miles down on my PB of 263w back after the first STW Race Series!

But then this challenge is all about building that back up so it’s all good. Thankfully this plan allows for outside rides as an endurance builder and for recovery so I’m not going to be stuck staring at the TV all the way through!

ads678

Just got back from Grenoside. Strava says only 28 mins moving time, but my Garmin kept pausing when I was riding up hill to slowly!!

eulach

Day 3: Had a fight with the black dog and nearly laughed the whole thing off. Ate chocolate and calmed down for an hour then did a stretching set I’ve been working on  – 12 stretches held 1 minute per side and 3 flow sequences. I can’t say I feel better for it but at least I’m still in the game.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 1,191 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.