Home Forums Chat Forum 100 days of exercise until Christmas 2023

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 1,191 total)
  • 100 days of exercise until Christmas 2023
    ads678

Yes! Got round park run Rothwell in 31:14*. That’s a decent time for me. I’m hoping to get back to sub 30 mins with more exercise.

But then I’ll have to add more on for the min 30 mins!!!

*That’s my Garmin time any way. Park run official will be slightly slower as it includes the walk bit to the start line….

MoreCashThanDash

My exercise is CX today – only marshalling but setting up and taking down is a fair number of extra steps!

walowiz

Day #1 – 62 mins on the turbo. Hard work after my first mtb ride yesterday for over 2 years.

fazzini

Day 1 and my first Whitley Bay parkrun. I’ve decided that, where possible, I’m going to work my way round all of the local parkruns during this 100 days.

hightensionline

Day 1 – 40km moderate road ride. Wet, then soggy, but enjoyable nonetheless. No close passes, which was grand.

onehundredthidiot

Turbo because weather was terrible.

Houns

Day 1 – Egg McMuffin with 3 hash browns. Shall turbo later.

blokeuptheroad

Undone my earlier good work. I’m helping my wife with her stall at a fair. There’s a bakery stall by us. I’ve already eaten a ‘giant scone’ and a sausage roll the size of my head ☹️

Dickyboy

First park run in 7 or 8yrs, got beaten by both my brother in laws, then 6 miles of Hashopoly…

convert

Urgh – run into a snag on day one – slept in the van last night to save going home and am at work from 7.30am this morning to roughly 9.30pm tonight. No hope of getting 30mins exercise in between now and end of play. Will I get myself to do it after a 45min drive home tonight……..could I fail before I even start!

Rubber_Buccaneer

Day one completed, session at the gym.  Only 99 days to go, feels good to be down into double figures remaining 😃

rockbus

30 mile road bike ride for me

chestrockwell

Treadmill run then some upper body stuff for me today. 99 to go!

soobalias
    Free Member

got myself out for a commute like 45min ride before breakfast – 1 down..

have persuaded 16 work colleagues to give it a go with me  this year

Wally

Park Run for me.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Two hour gentle ride with my other half, fair play to her as she hasn’t been near her bike for a few years. 15 mile Kilt Walk with my daughter tomorrow. I’m not committing to anything but gonna try.

reluctantjumper

A gentle walk to the localish shop to start with, an easy one but better than getting in the car to go to the supermarket.

Planning an early gentle ride in the morning followed by an FTP test ready for my winter Zwifting and following one of the training plans, that should keep me on track with 3-4 sessions per week.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Aaaaand we’re off! 45 min trot over the fell in glorious sunshine probably barely 5-6k but all up or down and from tiny acorns mighty oaks doth grow etc.

eulach

Good luck everyone. I’m just heading out for a run around the hill.

scotroutes

Walked into/out of town earlier rather than take the car. Doing this challenge last year had that lasting effect on me.

Just back from 2.5hrs gravelling, checking out a running route for Monday evening.

(This is actually day 102 for me).

PXL_20230916_155749259PXL_20230916_152531598PXL_20230916_154429760

higgo
    Free Member

I’ve missed this challenge previously and only just read about it now but I’ll go for it.
    parkrun for me this morning and almost certainly the worst photo ever taken of me…

AndrewL

Started with a local ride out from Sheffield towards Holmes field and back via big moor and Totley Moss. Was very misty so failed on the photo front. Good to hear what everyone else is up to.

greentricky
    Free Member

32k steps in the bag

crossed

1/100

Off to a good start.

1.5h walking the dog first thing this morning then after a load of gardening and housework I managed to squeeze in a couple of hours on the bike this afternoon to make the most of the dry trails before tomorrows rain hits.

bonni

Bit of a low key start for me as I’m on a trip in  Finland. However, an hour walking in the forest after work saw me over 10000 steps.

jodafett

Well this thread couldn’t have come at a better time. I’d drifted away from STW this year for various reasons (mostly health) but took a little look this afternoon and found this thread. I have been unsuccessful at this every year I’ve tried it but going to give it another bash! Started off with a 35min walk this evening. Hopefully I’ll shift some of this major weight I’ve gained this year!

LAP13
    Free Member

Up ‘our’ hill for sunrise, a lengthy walk into town, a mooch and back so all in all probably 5x step count I’d normally do in a day.

A nice and, for me, appropriate start

ayjaydoubleyou

Started strong with a 30 mile mtb ride today.
    that will undoubtedly be the highlight of the next 6 days.

twistedpencil

For positive reasons I thought I’d not do this this year, the last four years of doing, some more successful than others, have instilled a good discipline for exercise for me. Today has been a ‘lazy’ day though, got the youngest to bed then thought ‘why not’…

Screenshot_20230916_225206_Strava

kimbers

an hour on the skateboard this morning, then football in the park with the kids this afternoon

im knackered now!

Day 1. Some football in the morning and a nice walk in the afternoon.

Here’s a hawk in the in-laws garden.

20230916_163957

higgo
    Free Member

Day 2/100
    Walked to/from junior parkrun this morning. I used to walk but I’ve got into the habit of driving even when, like today, I’m not going on somewhere else afterwards. So it’s good to get back into the walking habit just as the weather turns to ****.

WildHunter2009

Day 1 first gym session in ages which was a shock! Day 2 17ish km out the back of town and up the trundle. I reckon Monday will be the challenge!

walowiz

Day #2 – 2 mile swim in 71 minutes, not fast just steady pace. I’ll do 15 minutes Pilates and stretching later, but that’s me done for today.

blokeuptheroad

2/100 complete 👍 Garmin tells me I’m ‘overreaching’ so just a walk today with Mrs Bloke. We were out for 2 hours though, so felt good.

Screenshot_20230917-112859

PXL_20230917_091707984

PXL_20230917_093324940

PXL_20230917_095022517

PXL_20230917_084638792

eulach

Day2: An hour on the trail bike. All good.

vicksplace
    Free Member

I’m up for trying again after failing a few times

jeffl

Walking up and down Greno most of yesterday. Drank far too much trail ale last night, so a spin out on the MTB today for an hour round some local trails.

IMG_20230916_210127

scotroutes

Day 2.

Rode up to Loch Morlich on the Fatbike to support Mrs S doing the Aviemore Triathlon.

PXL_20230917_081801137

PXL_20230917_100459392

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

24km walk done. Feet are hot and hips are stiff so it’ll be a bit less strenuous the next few days.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 1,191 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.