Home Forums Chat Forum 100 days of exercise until Christmas 2023

Viewing 40 posts - 961 through 1,000 (of 1,191 total)
  • 100 days of exercise until Christmas 2023
    fazzini

Day #somethingorother! Another slow, plodding walk. Think my racking cough managed to scare all the wildlife away apart from a courageous robin. Even scared a dog-walker with it. Oops. Love the Rising Sun Country Park though. It’s a lovely little oasis of peace and nature in amongst the ever-expanding urban-ness.

IMG_20231126_124929IMG_20231126_124353IMG_20231126_125312__01IMG_20231126_124147IMG_20231126_124818

eulach

I walked up the hill to the farm for fresh eggs, milk and apples – also saw a robin. Then 40 minutes core and stretching. I’ve been hanging from the chin up bar lately but missed the last 3 days and now can only manage 40 seconds. It all drops away fast if you don’t use it.

Merak

Moar Zwift. Cold today so loft wins!

ads678

54 minutes on the turbo rising round some place in a desert on mywhoosh.

olddonald

2 hours pootling on dry roads. Stopped for a cheeky coffee.

kimbers

skateboard with the kids at the bowl yesterday, watched a 10 year old girl on the cheapest skateboard go down the big ramp im too chicken too!

day of DIY today, so im finishing off with some yoga to try and loosen up my back!

chestrockwell

I have managed to exercise every day this week but it’s been by far my least active so far. Time to up the tempo.

reluctantjumper

Been making up for lost days today, two walks round public parks and completed the Zwift Training Academy Workout 3. Should sleep well tonight.

ads678

Dunno what day we’re on. 27th Nov, 20 minute workout with Joe Wickes, then 20 minutes yoga with Kassandra then dog walk for 40 minutes.

walowiz

Day 73 (Nov 27) – swim 2.2 km in 44 mins, walked Wombat later for 47 minutes ( only 2.85 km but still counts). Done

only 27 days to go, which is friggin great news as I’m totally knackered.

eulach

3 degrees, wind gusting to 35kph and pissing down so opted for the inside option of balance board and strength training. Back up to 1 minute hanging on each hands forwards and back.

How is Kassandra? I could do with a video to follow as my indoor options are getting a bit repetitious.

chestrockwell

Did a couple of gym classes back to back so back on track.

ads678

How is Kassandra?

She was good, I on the other hand am not stretchy enough for what she was doing!

scotroutes

I’ve decided to have a bit of a quiet few days on the exercise front, so limited myself to a 20 minutes HIIT session in the (home) gym, following a Garmin Workout, then an hour of walking in to/ out of town this evening.

PXL_20231127_185116828PXL_20231127_184946709

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Colin,when are you digging out the ice maidens?I’ve got me popcorn ready!

bonni

71. (26/11) & 72. I’m going to count them both as fails. Did some youth football coaching on both days but not really appropriate to register. Worked all remaining hours.

scotroutes

Day 74 (if you’ve not missed any).

It was a dreich morning but that was fine as I’m trying to take it a bit easier this week. However, it cleared up this afternoon and “itchy” legs meant I headed over to Nethy Bridge for a wee 11km run, scouting out some singletrack for Global Fatbike Day this weekend.

PXL_20231128_145834342
    On the one hand, the short days are a pain as it gets dark and cold so early. On the other hand, the light is often awesome late afternoon.
    PXL_20231128_145801565

@monkeycmonkeydo
    – we need ice 😂

eulach

Indoors again, but the usual routine was supplemented by a 10 minute abs workout from some random climbing channel on you tube. Painful (in a healthy workout way not a pulled muscle / torn ligament way).

Looking forward to some sunshine tomorrow.

soobalias
    Free Member

D74 both todays commutes added together scrapes the 30mins by seconds – still counting it tho.

Ive dropped a few days and a few efforts just count, but keeping on into the final quarter…

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Struggling a bit here, just circumstances rather than any specific issue but last Thursday night was meant to be a bike ride but got collared at cubs to help with the Xmas post flyer distribution, meant 1hr 30 pounding the mean streets of Ulverston supervising 8 yr olds, Friday was a fail, sat and Sunday were full days grafting in the garden so they sort of count, yesterday was karate tonight am sat in front of a warm fire considering a baileys. Need to MTFU

walowiz

Day 74 (Nov 28) – felt none too good today, so walking today – lunchtime walk round the thames and walked home, so overall 71 minutes walking 6.2 km, which will do. 

IMG_1436IMG_1437

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Done, sort of, 40 mins alternating between chinning bar and kata. Geksai  dai ni and saifa if you must know

bonni

73. Managed to squeeze in 35 mins of yoga with Breathe and Flow this evening. Getting better at it, but still fairly pants.

kimbers

last night cycled to the gym for a cub night workout 

think I’m going to have to stop the running, broke my heel 13 years ago , healed fine but still get the odd twinge , and it seems to have aggravated recently , shame as im slowly getting faster.

anyway bodyweight workout done, now off to bed

scotroutes

Day 75!

Had my flu and covid vaccinations this morning, followed up by a stroll into town.

Afternoon saw us at Loch Pityoulish for our first snowy swim of the season.

PXL_20231129_150809124

GX010363_1701278338596

Maike was celebrating 4km of outdoor swimming in November.

received_369458535660561

Water is down to 4.5c now, but that’s still 3c above air temperature 🤪

sandboy

I’ve been working late so have run first thing every day.

The dogs had an extended walk then I did half an hour of yoga last night.

Managed to get back early today so got out for a nice ride in the last bit of daylight.

35A8FFBC-FF7B-4C05-944D-73FC3FC21DCD

reluctantjumper

A short ride around Forest Fawr this afternoon, the first time I’ve pedalled up a real hill in over a month!

PXL_20231129_141453747

Very muddy in places though and a tree is down across the main bridleway, made it a bit of an adventure at least.

eulach

Bunked off work at 2.30 so I could get home early enough to run in the last rays of the sun. It was still frozen on the south side of the hill!

bonni

74. Just some stretching and home-made yoga before bed.

eulach

“Home made Yoga” stealing that one.
    Back out on the hill this morning for an hour’s running. The view from the tower was a bit white but saw an enormous mushroom.
    I love the squeak-crunch noise fresh snow makes when you’re runningGOPR1275
    GOPR1276

chestrockwell

Finally succumbed to illness and missed my first day yesterday and unlikely I’ll be doing anything today. Was going so well up to this week. :(

bonni

75-ish. @eulach

Fill your boots but don’t get too excited:

Home-made yoga ≠ bedroom gymnastics

Travelling today, so taking my exercise in Paris CdG airport. A stroll around 2E until my flight is ready to board. Knowing Air France’s time-keeping, this could amount to a decent amount of steps.

fazzini

More coughing and more walking, though I did manage to walk to, and from, work yesterday. That’s a whole 8 total miles of ‘commuting’ 😂. Caught in the sleet, wind, rain on the way home!

scotroutes

Day 76.

Feeling a wee bit “off colour”, probably a reaction to double vaccination. However, more snow overnight meant that I fitted the oven gloves to the Fatbike for a wee play in the woods.

PXL_20231130_134200302

Remember folks – don’t play on the railway!

PXL_20231130_151658165

fazzini

This morning’s walk felt a bit different. Can’t quite put my finger on it…🤔

IMG_20231201_065814IMG_20231201_055316IMG_20231201_071120IMG_20231201_063441

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Finally got my cubs bike ride in last night, hour and a half round the lanes on the cx bike, was like the frigging Iditarod, toes were agony thawing out

lunch run today in day light and everything 

Bunnyhop

It’s all over here as the lurgy has put a stop to any exercise.
    Before I was on the turbo, outside walks, tandem rides and Joe Wicks on line.
    I’m a bit disappointed in coming so far and not making the 100 days.

scotroutes

Day 77.
    Fun run round the woods from Boat of Garten to Loch Vaa and back.

PXL_20231201_142510308

Trails are much crunchier than they were yesterday.

PXL_20231201_143302621

Sun already setting just before 3pm.

PXL_20231201_145505557

I had my new running shoes on too – studded.

Very confidence inspiring.

kimbers

extra 30 mins cycle on the commute to pick up the car yesterday evening, nearly wiped out on some ice when I got to the car park.

Today was 6 hours round the finest trails of Caerphilly, made extra difficult because I’d not checked my full-sus since bpw last month and it turns out the rear mech had seized, had to chase the group using only the 3 biggest sprockets, which killed my thighs on any flat sections! Freezing but glorious sunshine all day.

PXL_20231201_151009828PXL_20231201_095658643.MP

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

More shots of Maike would improve this thread!Chilly challenge looks a bit much mind.

Viewing 40 posts - 961 through 1,000 (of 1,191 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.