Home Forums Chat Forum 100 days of exercise until Christmas 2023

Viewing 40 posts - 921 through 960 (of 1,191 total)
  • 100 days of exercise until Christmas 2023
    walowiz

Day 64 – overslept so missed the best swimming slot, so did a turbo session instead 38 km in 71 minutes at 183w. Boooooring but done. Walked Willa later in the rain 2.9 km in 42 minutes.

scotroutes

Day 64.

Long lie. :-)

An hour in the gym and an hour of Zwift.

Merak

The sun made a rare appearance on Scotland today so 84 miles on the road.👌

walowiz

Day 65 – super friggin tired today, but managed a swim 2.84 km in 60 minutes, seriously slow.

walked wombat later 2.2 km in 31 minutes. Done, done, done.

luper
    Free Member

Finally some nice weather here so I did a break from Rouvy and went out for a short and a bit windy autumn ride outside. And now another workout to clean my bike before going back to a trainer tomorrow.

scotroutes

Day 65. Did an hour on Zwift this morning and then a 10km run with the club tonight. Nice tight group of eight of us running through the forest.

bonni

65. Supervised youth football training (they were untamed today!), walked dog for 30 mins, then 15 mins stretching, followed by 20 mins yoga with Kassandra.

ads678

About 50 minutes on the turbo with a new (to me) zwift-a-like free app called mywhoosh.
    First ride crashed about 15 minutes in and didn’t save, WiFi is iffy in my garage so I’m blaming that. Second 36 minute ride saved ok.

ads678

2.84 km in 60 minutes, seriously slow.

Bloody show off! Takes me nearly an hour to do 1600m. I am fat and shit at swimming though….

scotroutes

Day 66 then.

Some more snow forecast so I took off up a local Munro before it arrives.PXL_20231121_110232920
    I guess this should really be in the “incessant snow” thread.

PXL_20231121_121410165

More of a hard frost along the summit ridge.

PXL_20231121_124640874

Big icy puddles to avoid.

PXL_20231121_122808304

Big drop to Loch Eanaich

PXL_20231121_124701356

Just a trace of pink as the sun drops

PXL_20231121_125838707I’d stupidly forgotten my torch and had to abandon a second summit I wanted to visit.

bonni

66. Short walk and then 45 mins doing the same program as last week on an indoor techno bike at the gym. I took it up a level but it was still a bit tame.

ads678

D66. Just a 4km run/walk, mostly jogging honest but it’s late.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Yesterday was karate – grading next week, yoinks!

tonight – weights and kata

chestrockwell

XC bike ride today, gym yesterday, HIIT class Monday. Feeling good!

scotroutes

Day 67.
    Fatbike up to Ryvoan
    PXL_20231122_142915615
    Supposedly 13c but felt a lot chillier in the wind.

PXL_20231122_142934821

I’ll be hitting the gym for weights and yoga later.

olddonald

2km in the pool this morning – enjoyed it . Gregg coffee afterwards…..

ton

no idea what day we are on.    it is all becoming a chore now.

walked 3 mile this morning……. forgot to turn strava on.

walked 3 mile this afternoon……. strava on but dark cloud over my head did not lift.

kimbers

6k run tonight

my 5k time is very slowly improving 

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Mix it up ton, game of frisbee with the grandkids or something. Take Mrs T ballroom dancing
    5k of hill repeats tonight with a 25kg pack, “rucking” apparently, it’s a thing!

ads678

Gym tonight. 45 minutes of rowing, running and cross trainer thing. Then some weights stuff, but no idea what I’m doing on those!!

bonni

67. 30 mins yoga with Charlie Follows.

Still struggling to find time to do much. Loads of work on and a heap more coming my way in December. Je suis dans la merde!

bonni

68. Just a couple of walks today, totalling about 90 mins.

ads678

Walks today about 16km along the river Ouse, then dog walk when I got home.

Couldn’t take dog on first walk as that was at work!

scotroutes

Day 68. 90 minutes of Zwift this morning, and then a brisk walk into the village for lunch. 

scotroutes

Meh – I lost count of the days…!!

This is day 70 (24th November) and it’s my birthday.

Did an 11km run before breakfast

PXL_20231124_093012648PXL_20231124_083548973

and came back to pressies, a cake

404313616_7349606185072880_1872789061353745167_n

and a card from my daughter

PXL_20231124_110619078 (1)

She knows me well!!

Rubber_Buccaneer

Happy Birthday scotroutes 🥳

fazzini

Happy 70th-Day @scotroutes 😉
    (Oh. Birthday. My bad.) happy birthday too 🎂

walowiz

Happy birthday @scotroutes

(will catch up on my 100 day update tomorrow.)

bonni

69. (Or possibly not).

Not much other than a quick walk at lunchtime and 30 plus minutes of yoga with Breathe and Flow. Definitely a more testing workout.

Happy birthday @scotroutes

olddonald

Park run done – lovely morning at oakwell – cold feet until the second lap. Cold hands – both laps.  That was number 230 for me. 

fazzini

No Parkrun today (230 @olddonald?? that’s impressive. Think I’m on 7 😂), nor any bike rides thus week. I’ve managed to keep going since last week’s Parkrun, just, with walks thanks to a horrendous chest infection and the associated asthma issues 😢 Really hope the steroids start working soon, though I best not enter any races just in case of doping irregularities 😂😂😂

sandboy

This week I have cycled for at least an hour each evening, last night was a two hour dog walk with some friends which ended in the pub.
    The plan was to ride first thing but it was too cold (it wasn’t really) but I chickened out. Made up for it this afternoon though with a very muddy local ride where I got stuck and ended up trying to ride across a field of sugar beet! It would have been difficult on the fatty, near on impossible on a gravel bike. All good fun!
    It’s great to read what you’ve all been up to, I definitely need some mountains.😀

Caher

Well over the last month being going pretty intense. Zwift, boxing bag, swimming, weights. Jeans feeling very lose and down a dress size. Jumped on the scales and not lost an ounce!
    How bizarre, how bizarre.

eulach

I missed another day on the 16th, due to motivation if I’m honest. Despite this and a niggly knee, I’ve kept at it since. In addition to the specified exercise, whenever the sun has shone I’ve gone out to try and make the most of it during the short days. Also keeping up with stretching and upper body improvements. I’m going to post here every day this coming week to try and help with the motivation.

ads678

25km XC ride this morning, decided not to do park run as I hadn’t been on the bike for a few weeks and wanted to take advantage of the sun. Had to ride through a flooded causeway between two lakes though so my feet were bloody freezing!

reluctantjumper

The whole of the last 5 days have been Fails for me, dealing with family stuff has just left me completely exhausted and unable to do anything whatsoever. Managed a Zwift Robo Rider spin for 30 mins this evening though so now just focussing on beating my PB of 74/100, should be easily achievable as that’s just 2/3 days for the rest of the challenge.

bonni

70. Gym sesh.

scotroutes

Day 71 (Sat 25th)

Met piemonster for a chat/food/beers then a walk in to a wee bivvy spot near Loch Morlich.

The moon was so bright we hardly needed the headtorches.

PXL_20231125_200354446.NIGHT

Very calm at the bivvy spot and the moon was lighting everything up

PXL_20231125_204050899

I was on the lookout for the reported aurora but couldn’t see any colour in the sky at all.

PXL_20231125_212316705.NIGHT

scotroutes

Day 72 (Sun 26th)

Obviously had to walk back out from our bivvy spot :-)

It had been chilly overnight – anouh for some ground frost and a thin layer on parts of the tent.

PXL_20231126_080558347

Fine morning at Loch Morlich. Frost on the beach but no ice yet.

PXL_20231126_084732953

walowiz

Somewhere I’ve lost track of what day# is what date. Apart from one day missed, I’ve done something every other day, but clearly can’t write it down correctly.
    Day 67  – turbo session 30.31 km in 56 minutes at 185w. Walked round the Thames at lunchtime 4.43 km in 46 mins and walked home later.
    Day 68 – swim 2.6 km in 54 minutes and walked wombat later 2.3 km in 32 minutes
    Day 69 – 2 Mike swim in 68 minutes, slow but done. Wombat and I went for a walk  later 2.4 km in 36 minutes
    Day 70 – 3 km swim in 62 minutes

Day 71 – eMtb ride 32.4 km in 2 hours, brilliant technical ride, great feeling to be outdoors again and I was layered up for the.conditions (but maybe not), temp was -1 to 0 and I’ve ridden loads in colder temps. But after this I fell really unwell, bloody cold and exhausted really quickly. Slept for 18 hours dressed in arctic survival clothing with a hat. Have I just been super unlucky with some random bug and the cold or is this mild hypothermia? Either way total pita.
    Day 72 – will be a very slow walk with wombat.

IMG_1428IMG_1426IMG_1425IMG_1418

Viewing 40 posts - 921 through 960 (of 1,191 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.