Home Forums Chat Forum 100 days of exercise until Christmas 2023

Viewing 40 posts - 881 through 920 (of 1,191 total)
  • 100 days of exercise until Christmas 2023
    walowiz

Day 58 – bit tired today, so walk by the thames during my late lunch 4.35 km in 50 minutes.

IMG_1347

fazzini

The Monday night club gravel ride saw a large group of 4 out tonight! Think 12 sensible people dropped out 😂. Bit breezy to say the least, and a few puddles including one I thought I’d need the RNLI to help with! Glad I got out though. Day trip to Edinburgh for work tomorrow so a walk is in order methinks.

scotroutes

Day 58.
    An hour of dog walking – I’m counting because it’s not even my bluddy dog :-)
    20 minutes yoga with Ash, an hour of weights and an hour of Zwift. Taking it easy on the latter, with just a wee uptick in effort for the last 5km or so.

No photos today, but here’s one of me on the final descent on Saturdays run.

401019566_321472643968107_1461681596196583098_n

reluctantjumper

Did the second workout of the Zwift Academy today, only the short one but it was still a bit of a tough one! Did plan to get out IRL but the weather was in no way encouraging so save that for later in the week.

bonni

58. Failed yesterday. Left the house at 05.30 and got back at 20.30. Just too exhausted from work and travel. Back on it today though.

walowiz

Day 58 – walk 4.1 km in 44 minutes, then 2.25 km walk later in 26 minutes. Very very tired today. Like above work could have completely got in the way today, but my colleague Marina told me to get up and get out for a walk in the rain. Weirdly quite nice walking in the rain, for once it was super quiet on the thames walkways. Still could  have done with a total lazy arse day today.

IMG_1353

IMG_1349

sandboy

I knew today was going to be busy and possibly a late night so I went for a run early this morning. The street I was working on had a gas leak, everyone was made to leave their houses so I had a free afternoon. Still very breezy but enjoyed a two hour ride mixing up as many off road tracks, trails and riverbank.<i>86BB955C-2A24-4320-878B-7020E513B9FF</i>

thestabiliser
    Free Member

30 mins turbo with a few weights for pudding

bonni

59. 45 mins of yoga with breathe and flow.

scotroutes

Meh. Bit of a busy day so squeezed in 90 minutes of Zwift this evening. Hopefully something a bit more exciting to report over the next few days!

scotroutes

Another busy day, mostly travelling. 

Managed to escape to the beach just after sunset (scoping it out for a swim).

PXL_20231115_160420621.NIGHT

Cue the Local Hero theme tune…

PXL_20231115_170249609

walowiz

Day 59 – morning swim 3km in 61 minutes, took wombat on a very leisurely walk later 2.2 km in 32 minutes. Done ✅

bonni

60. Is it really day 60?

A walk and a gym sesh for me. Haven’t had time to get on the bike for a while. Pah!

walowiz

Day 60 – turbo session 33km in 61 minutes. Walked the dog later 2km in 32 minutes.

am coming down with some bloody cold, so my next few updates will be slightly less energetic.

scotroutes

Morning swim as planned. 

GX010357_1700135924930

Water at 9.5c felt much warmer than the 5c we’ve been experiencing at home.

GX010361_1700136091466

Didn’t stay in too long but had a good walk around the castle grounds this afternoon to round off the days exercise.

bonni

61. Walk and another 30 mins of Yoga with Kassandra.

kimbers

yoga Sunday

and again on Monday as i was too knackered to do much after cubs

got the kettlebell out on Tuesday before bed

did a 5k run on Wednesday night

a 13k night ride this evening 

reluctantjumper

Logging a Fail today, just had far too much going on personally so had no time to do anything. Been ticking a long with walks the last few days but tomorrow is a day at BPW so not all bad.

walowiz

Day 61 – long busy day at work, couldn’t get out or away all day, left very late and walked home the wrong long way round to do 2.6 km in 31 minutes. Just about done.

ads678

Been a shit week for me, physically and mentally. No idea why but Monday just went rubbish. Was feeling really good after stuff I’d done last week, but then Monday everything just dropped off a cliff. Really sick of the bloody weather, I just want to not be wet!

Still got out for walks but nothing major until yesterday and didn’t Strava anything. Thursday and today have been big walks because I was walking river banks inspecting flood defences for work. Then walked the dog when I got home as well. 25000 steps over rough boggy ground is bloody tiring!

Hopefully doing park run will kick me back into it tomorrow. 🤞

bonni

62. An evening walk in the darkness by the river for an hour with the dog. Despite the mizzle it was nice to have the solitude. I saw nobody.

scotroutes

Day 62.  Morning 10km run on Lewis before we headed back to the mainland. PXL_20231117_095514065
    It was pretty chilly but very clear and calm.
    PXL_20231117_094142373

bonni

@ads678 – well done. It’s not easy getting out when the weather is continuously plop, or life gets in the way. Good effort though: 25k steps is solid.

bonni

Jeez, are you sure that’s Lewis?

Blue skies 👌

I’ve only ever been there in horizontal rain.

chestrockwell

Still going here although this week has been mostly faffing around in the gym so need to ride or run more next week.

kimbers

lunchtime skateboard session yesterday

the toughest times for me are all the xmas parties in work

ive been invited to 3 and its hard to fit in exercise on those days, have to get up early i think

olddonald

Missed Monday – work and stuff  the rest of this week  – 3 days of bike commuting – 1 day of walking with Mrs Olddonald – today Park run at Oakwell – muddy but fun.

ads678

Cheers @bonni.

Park run done. Now got to go and put some insolation into the MIL loft.
    No, no, no! That’s not a euphemism!!

scotroutes

Day 63. Club gravel ride. Started off wet and got wetter. Tracks were minging. A high level of stoicism was deployed but I took an executive decision (I was leading the ride) to cut out one of the hillier off-road sections – including a river crossing – and jump onto the road for a while. Inevitably, just before we hit Aviemore the skies cleared and a warm sun put in an appearance 😂

Still, 45km and 500m of climbing done. 

PXL_20231118_113629181PXL_20231118_113634464PXL_20231118_110420712

peesbee

Scraped a 30 min zwift session for D63 – not much, but enough to keep me in the game!

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Thursday had to fall back on a lunchtime walk

two days of lumberjack action today and yesterday, big tree cane down on Tuesday and have been lopping it up, about 2m3 of firewood so far and about two tonnes of brashings to figure out what to do with. Knackered.

walowiz

Day 63 (somewhere before this I’ve posted two entries for the same day 58 by mistake)

turbo session as weather looked too grim to mtb. 40.6 km in 75 minutes at 185w. Boring but done.

Caher

Not missed a day yet: 80k road ride today. Oddly enough I’m sleeping well.

bonni

63. Semi-fail. Spent a couple of hours underground in an old mine. Was not very strenuous. Rest of the day was travelling (a lot).

ads678

Swimming this morning. 1600m again, 3 minutes faster this week!

Merak

I’m still in! Day 60odd can’t quite believe that.  An hour on the Zwift machine today. Weather was dreich so no go for outdoor cycling.

A habit has definitely been formed, if only I could stay off the beers and bread sticks and Houmous I’d be laughing.

bonni

64. Gym sesh.

sandboy

It’s been a few days since I last reported in, Most days I have been out on the bike. Friday, my legs felt like lead so had a recovery day with a long dog walk. Yesterday was back out on the bike and this morning did an hour of weights.
    I seem to be in a zone at present where I don’t really think about it, just have to choose what ever I feel like each day then find the window of opportunity. It’s definitely become more habit than chore.

kimbers

half an hour of mini skateboard bowl in the rain yesterday

couple of hours round the slick cobbles of cannock today

thestabiliser
    Free Member

More log splitting this morning, bit of chinning bar and kata tonight 

Viewing 40 posts - 881 through 920 (of 1,191 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.