Home Forums Chat Forum 100 days of exercise until Christmas 2023

Viewing 40 posts - 761 through 800 (of 1,191 total)
  • 100 days of exercise until Christmas 2023
    bonni

43. Busy morning doing outside chores was followed by a 6 km walk with the hound in the drizzle. Just about to squeeze in a bit of yoga with Kassandra. 

chestrockwell

Badminton today, 30 mins faffing around in the gym yesterday.

ads678

Park run this morning for me.

Think I might get up go swimming tomorrow morning. Haven’t been swimming for probably over a year….

kimbers

30 minutes mad cycling around London trying to find a fancy dress shop at short notice ……

AndrewL

Garburn loopIMG_20231028_145209568

scotroutes

Holy ****!

Did the 15 mile Illuminator Run at Banchory last night after last minute assurances from the organisers that the course was “wet but runnable”. I have never, ever, been so muddy. Started by trying to avoid the puddles then worked out that running through the streams flowing along the tracks was actually the best for grip. Spent far too long mincing down the slippy descents but had a wee bit of a “sprint” for the last 1.5km or so when back on tarmac. 

I didn’t take any photos on the route as I didn’t want to be faffing about with my phone in the rain, but here’s a screenshot of my result.

Screenshot_20231029-112146~2

ads678

Nice one Colin. 

I went swimming this morning, managed 1000m in 34 minutes.

Then was having a nice conversation in the changing room with an 85 year old fella, who was telling me he had a hole in his heart and about his days in the army. Then proceeded to tell me how the kids have got it easy today, everyone blames the old folk for NHS problems because they’re living longer, but because we don’t have freedom of speech any more we’re not allowed to talk about all the people coming in on rubber dingys who are all getting £200 a week or something….

I made my excuses and left!

AndrewL

Well done on the race @scotroutes

We are still up in the lakes. Popped across Windermere on the ferry and then did a loop back via coniston.

IMG_20231029_115925003

Weather held out

IMG_20231029_114549746

fazzini

Parkrun yesterday. Walk today to clear my somewhat foggy head… May have had 1 pint too many 😳

sandboy

Just back from a week away visiting family. Having no bike or anything else has meant that extended dog walks have been the order of the day for the last six days.
    Can’t wait to turn some pedals tomorrow!

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Been away next door but one to Comrie Croft. Amazingly did zero biking, despite taking bikes 🤷‍♂️. We were however up the fells every day apart from yesterday when we were splashing about in the River Earn for decidedly elusive salmon.

Got a nice accidental trout though.

Stunning part of the world and the autumn colours were spectacular 

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Oh aye30 mins of hill reps on the cx bike when I got home today. Penance for all the post-walk fine local ales from the last few days!

eulach

Another week completed, not much of significance to report other than Skills Park on Friday.

gordimhor

Another week of walking, some biking and the inevitable Tai Chi at home Is it good when a form of exercise can be described as “inevitable” ?

bonni

44. Gym sesh. I had to work most of the day and the prospect of having to wash my mtb after a short dark ride in the on/off drizzle didn’t appeal.

Good effort @scotroutes, and everyone else still going.  6 days and we’re half way!

sandboy

Walked the dogs earlier under a clear sky and beautiful moon so when I got back I couldn’t resist a quick blast on the road bike.
    Feeling much better!

olddonald

2 hours on t’cross bike – on the road. Bike commute tomorrow – looks wet all week ,,,,,hmmm

bikebob

Had to run again today as couldn’t get the mud guards on the bike.  Feeling tired, but defo doing more exercise than ever.  Rest days are a 30 min walk (often to the pub)

This is a great thread to keep focused.    Keep it up everyone.   

bikebob

Sorry don’t know how to delete double post

kimbers

Morning walking round that London
    managed some yoga this evening too

take that hangover

scotroutes

Dipped again first thing this morning in Loch Morlich. Ice bath is supposedly good for sore legs, right?

Walked into town for a coffee and lunch with a mate. That’ll do after yesterdays endeavours.

higgo
    Free Member

Day 43: parkrun

Day 44: no MTB (overslept) but went on a guided ghost walk later

ads678

Gym tonight. First time I’ve been to the gym in about 20 years I reckon! Realised I’ve never been on a treadmill before. Then forgot to stop my watch so it looks like I did 2km in 36 minutes!!

thestabiliser
    Free Member

An hour of kata interspersed with chin/pull up regressions. Might wander out for a bit air up the hill in a mo.

scotroutes

Another early morning dip with Mrs S. Water temp hovering just above 7C.

Running club social tonight, so 5km TT and then back to the pub for beer, pizza and nachos!

sandboy

28 mile round trip to see the folks this evening after work.
    Mom had homemade scones so it was well worth the effort!

bonni

45. Just a fairly vigorous walk up some moonlit lanes and tracks for an hour or so with mutley, while son 2 was at football training.

higgo
    Free Member

I’m out.
    No big drama or illness – I simply forgot to go out and do something yesterday when  I was working from home and doing ‘stuff’ in the evening.
    I’ll still be going for ‘club run’ tonight and I’ll still try to get out for lunchtime walks at work, walk to/from junior parkrun volunteering etc but I’m out.

peesbee

46 – more zwifting.  Legs seem to be a bit achy.  Nearly half way though!

scotroutes

10km walk round some of the lower summits I can see from my house.

PXL_20231031_122155564

Nice colours on a reasonably bright morning

PXL_20231031_122659271

Some well-fed reindeer getting ready for a busy season

PXL_20231031_123240856

Me hiding from the chilly Northerly

PXL_20231031_133516092

Long shadows in the afternoon as the sun’s getting very low now.

PXL_20231031_140525278

Just a smattering of snow and frost in the corries

PXL_20231031_143521496

bonni

46. (Yesterday) out and about with the family sightseeing: >12000 steps. The same again today (47) I expect.

fazzini

Mon night was gravel ride with the cycling club, and yesterday evening I thought I’d see what their Tuesday night ‘training’ rides were all about. Never done any group road riding before and it’s all a learning curve…I learned I’m definitely unfit (well I knew that tbh) but thanks to the 4 folks looking after the beginner (me), I survived to the post-ride pint. Just. 😂 It’s chucking it down today so a walk along the seafront might be my legs’ recovery activity today.

kimbers

the weather is making it less easy

yoga monday night and a bodyweight workout yesterday, im indoors a lot I feel

my weekly nightride looking very unlikely based on the weather forecast for the next few days!

fazzini

Seafront walk it was too. Started off in the rain, finished with the sun coming out. The yellow buoy turned up with Storm Babet and has stuck around since; walked a bit of the beach I’ve not been along for a while and the damage is evident.

IMG_20231101_104543IMG_20231101_110030IMG_20231101_100849IMG_20231101_105953IMG_20231101_104509IMG_20231101_101640

scotroutes

the weather is making it less easy

All part of it being a challenge 😉

Sleet today so I think I’ll be remaining mostly indoors too.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Wobbled yesterday, Still did a lunch walk and trick or treating with the kids but no proper stuff. Posting on here now as wobbling again. Come on STW100DoEers give me POWWWWERRRRRRR!!

fazzini

Screenshot_20231101-195421give me POWWWWERRRRRRR!!

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Bosh! 30 Mins of weights, bit of kata to warm down. Always feel better for doing it but the darkness is definitely sapping my vigour. Glass of high protein isotonic  performance enhancing vino tinto incoming, once the kids are in bed.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

^^remarkably accurate 

kimbers

managed a dark & lonely 5k run tonight, glad i got out before the rain tomorrow!

Viewing 40 posts - 761 through 800 (of 1,191 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.