Home Forums Chat Forum 100 days of exercise until Christmas 2023

Viewing 40 posts - 721 through 760 (of 1,191 total)
  • 100 days of exercise until Christmas 2023
    bonni

37. Been pretty busy clearing up the garden for winter, so a fairly physical day.

To finish it off, I completed 30 mins yoga with Kassandra. Son 2 thought it looked like a piece of p!55 and joined in. His learning curve was very steep, as far as it went (5 mins).

scotroutes

Low lunge?

jeffl

Nice ride up along Curbar, doing most of the Eastern Moors Loop.

IMG_20231022_143846IMG_20231022_143040IMG_20231022_151031IMG_20231022_144515

bonni

@scotroutes

This one got him… Pity he didn’t stick around for the pigeon pose!

FF67DA36-2FE2-480C-B4B8-C24B5ED5A757

scotroutes

Ah. The “easy” twist :-)

I can just about manage a reclined pigeon now but that’s taken a year!

higgo
    Free Member

Day 38: Walked long way to/from post office.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Karate tonight – ab conditioning oof!

Saturday was a walk and some body weigh circuits 

yestaerday a walk and erecting some scaffolding

still not doing enough cardio:/

walowiz

Day 38 – swim 3km in 62 minutes.

chestrockwell

Upper body today, 5k interval running on treadmill yesterday.

scotroutes

A very frosty walk with Mrs S this morning

PXL_20231023_093337524PXL_20231023_103902132PXL_20231023_092612005PXL_20231023_090615497

And then a (bit too fast) 13km run with the club this evening.

PXL_20231023_183003990

intervals.icu has put me into the “High Risk” zone – basically over-training. I really do need to knock it back a bit this week!!

bonni

38. Worked late this evening, so barely anytime. Just squeezed in a yoga vid with Charlie Follows. Not bad, but she’s very fond of a plank and downward dog. Me, I’m more of your corpse pose type of guy.

I was gonna head to the gym but the remnants of the cold is lingering (mainly airways restricted). Maybe tomorrow…

Beautiful colours up there @scotroutes

LAP13
    Free Member

D38

Bit of stretching/yoga type thing

kimbers

skateboard in lunch break, was just focusing on olies- can just about olie!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cyv7AKWsAHA/?igshid=MTc4MmM1YmI2Ng==

however light grey t-shirt bad idea as i was very sweaty coming back to work!

scotroutes

Took my drone for a wee walk, so was out for over two hours. A good wee leg stretch without a huge amount of exertion.

Duke of Gordon Monument on top of Torr Alvie.

MAX_0368

Some snow visible on the mountains behind

MAX_0372

Looking South along the Spey, which has calmed down a lot since last week!

MAX_0369

The world looks great close-up too. Loads of fungi around at the moment.

PXL_20231024_131852610

TimP
    Free Member

Boxing circuits again tonight. Glad it’s only once a week!

bonni

39. Worked late again. So after a few chores I just had time for some yoga (Breathe and Flow) and stretching (Tom Merrick). Still being mithered by lingering throat/sinus goings-on.

walowiz

Day 39 – overslept so no early doors training. Walk along the thames in central London 4.2 km in 48 minutes.

IMG_1210

IMG_1212

kimbers

bodyweight app workout done !

LAP13
    Free Member

D39

Some sort of lurgy hit – I blame Zwift 😆

I think I’m out, I’ve been gradually doing a bit less so time to call it.

Still, it’s got me moving a lot more and once I’m feeling better, I’ll pick it up again. Just happy to be doing more than I was, which was pretty much naff all so it’s kick started that. Thank you

Good luck to everyone else and keep going, well done

chestrockwell

Day 39 was a steady upper body session but Day 40 had me out on the bike, which was ace! Forgotten how much XC tyres don’t like mud and wet roots though.

bonni

40. A pretty muddy evening ride around the Loaf. Low cloud and plenty of standing water from the rain over the last few days. Was good to get out though.

0BB6C55F-3B77-4FBA-B9A7-B38824B91FE8F614BBDD-26DF-4594-9C44-06BB3F857D3F

jeffl

Wet and muddy local ride this evening. Trying to avoid spannering myself on slippery roots.

scotroutes

Dreich, damp, drizzly day.

I had some errands in the village so opted to walk in rather than drive.

Then out with Mrs S for another dip

PXL_20231025_150938566.PORTRAIT~2 (1)

Loch Pityoulish is now dropping below 9C so we weren’t in for very long.

Lovely calm water though, with the Autumn colours reflected.

PXL_20231025_150758271

walowiz

Day 40 – swim 3km in 62 minutes

ads678

Yoga last night, walk the night before, 21km xc ride tonight.

Edit: Day 40, crikey, that’s nearly half way!!

ads678

D 41: Long walk along some rivers for work today, probably 7 or 8k, then another walk this evening with wife and dog, probably another 5 or 6k. Unfortunately didn’t Strava any of it.

walowiz

Day 41 – overslept again, quite possibly from all this 100 day malarkey. Walked through central London 4 km in 46 minutes, but like pedestrian dodgems with all the half term visitors.

IMG_1219

IMG_1217

scotroutes

Day 41 – already?

90 minutes Zwift, 1 hour weights and another dip with Mrs S. Water temperature is down to 7.2C. This is when is starts to get serious :-)

AndrewL

Food to hear what everyone is up to.

I’ve been on the usual pottering bike rides and on foot.

Yesterday was a dig day on some local trails sorting out some bad ruts and muddy patches. Managed a ride after to test the work.

Headed up to the lakes today, just a bit of a stroll on arrival but plans for some rainy rides in next few days.

IMG_20231026_164848644

reluctantjumper

Just about to go out for a quick walk after a very stressful 24hrs.

The last few days have been a mix of Zwift sessions and local rides but yesterday I went to Llandegla for their weekly Wednesday Night Ride. Always good fun doing a lap in the light, raiding the cafe then going back out for a dark lap. Was pretty busy too but my legs hurt a bit as I’m not used to doing 20 miles in one go!

bonni

41. Sad to say that yesterday was a fail. I had commitments all day including driving 280 miles. Although I tried to be active when I had a stolen 10 mins, I couldn’t get anything coherent done.

Not happy, but will continue with a blotted copybook.

higgo
    Free Member

At risk of losing track of the days but…
    Day 39: club run
    Day 40: walk to/from work
    Day 41: unnecessary walking round Leeds (with daughter who’s lived there for 2 months but clearly doesn’t know her way around) – I was planning a run when I got home but my legs were battered from the walking so I’m counting it.
    Day 42: lunchtime work walk

Tomorrow will be parkrun and on Sunday I may even ride one of those ‘mountain bike’ things I’ve heard about.

ton

lost count of what day we are on, not missed one yet tho.

bike ride today, tried to do a fair bit of walking, but 3 miles is the limit with a fused ankle.

fazzini

No idea about days, but still hanging in there. This week was walks only Mon-Thu. Away in Glasgow for the week with work and kernackered! Home last night and managed to get out on the bike today 😁

scotroutes

Day 42.

I’ve had a niggling headache for a couple of days, a bad bout of diahorea before bed last night and then been back and forward to the toilet all day. 

I’m supposed to be running tomorrow evening so managed to sneak in a 40 minute “test” run this afternoon. I’m not sure I’ve learned anything. Skipped fancy-dress dip-a-day though , and there was going to be cake!!

So – still on track, but prospects looking grim. 

ads678

Another day of long walking for me. 10k ish at work along the south side of the Humber under the bridge. Then another 7k walking to Morrisons to see if we could get my daughter a white t-shirt for her Halloween costume. We didn’t get one!

Gonna start trying to ramp it up again from tomorrow, starting with park run and maybe a jump session at Leeds bike park.

bonni

42. An evening walk of 45 minutes, followed by 30 minutes Pilates with Nicole. 

kimbers

swinley with the kids yesterday, couple of hours but not full pace and loys of stops for pictures and sessioning

middle childs birthday today, so been crazy busy, forced myself out for 45 minutes on the skateboard at 8pm, really glad i did in the end!

AndrewL

Loughrigg loop today

IMG_20231027_115709771

olddonald

Park run at oakwell this morning.

Viewing 40 posts - 721 through 760 (of 1,191 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.