Home Forums Chat Forum 100 days of exercise until Christmas 2023

Viewing 40 posts - 681 through 720 (of 1,191 total)
  • 100 days of exercise until Christmas 2023
    Merak

I’m still in. Day 30 odd it’s the washing of kit that’s getting to me!

I took this way too seriously a couple of years ago. This time I’m just enjoying it. Sometimes it’s an 80 mile road ride other times it’s a half hour walk.

kimbers

yoga on Monday, bodyweight Tues & weds

id charged my lights for a ride, but weather eas just to grim so 6k run tonight 

LAP13
    Free Member

D34ish

Squats and body weight movements

Just raised the heart rate a little

reluctantjumper

Tour of Watopia Stage 3 today, the short route. Still took 45 mins though.

fazzini

Given the weather, and I hope those worst affected are OK, I was worried that for today’s activity I’d have to dig out one of Mrs Fazzini’s 90s fitness DVDs 😂. Unfortunately her car broke down, so I had to take mine down to the garage for her to have, and I got to complete today’s activity with a 4 mile walk home.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Went for an hours walk/run in the weather, genuinely couldn’t run into the wind with any up hill slope, effortless(ish) gliding on the way back though

chestrockwell

Still going here. Today was a steady core session due to PT yesterday that left me pretty burst.

walowiz

Day 35 – 2.6 km swim in 55 minutes, walk with Wombat later after work 2km in 30 minutes. Done for today.

scotroutes

A couple of hours on Zwift and then 30 minutes with Kassandra. Looking forward to getting outside at the weekend!!

bonni

35. A walk for an hour at dusk with the pooch. I’m planning some yoga before bed too.

LAP13
    Free Member

D35

More squats

soobalias
    Free Member

D35, another decent week, today was a quick X Trainer session in the gym before leaving work.

but i might have a sniffle, there seems to be a bit of lurgy around… water and paracetamol and fingers crossed

ads678

Just another walk for me tonight. Not nice in the pissing rain and wind, I need to dig my big coat out!

jeffl

Went for a cycle last night to see how badly the local area was affected by the flooding. Found the one and only route across the river, but not accessible by vehicles. Popped to nephew and nieces place, water was within about 4 foot of the front door but has thankfully receded overnight.

IMG_20231020_165632

hightensionline

Another full week of commuting under the belt; got the car back from the garage, but I’m feeling like I’ve turned the corner in that almost inevitable battle to take the easy option when you look outside and it’s grim. Some serious rain, and flooding up to the bottom bracket in places, but wet shoes dry out. Well, eventually. Like Merak, I’ve got washing everywhere.
    Have also been doing 20-30 mins dumbbell reps daily.

sandboy

Thursday was just a to ride to and from the supermarket and yesterday was an hour of weights as the conditions were not the best for cycling!!
    Was hoping to get a ride in this morning but having just been out with the dogs, it’s still raining and the ground is sodden. Hoping it improves later.

higgo
    Free Member

Day 35: evening walk round Harrogate in the rain

Day 36: parkrun 

scotroutes

15km run earlier. It was tipping down but I’ve an event next weekend so forcing myself outside was a good way to test the readiness of my kit.
    Archie’s not wrong.
    PXL_20231021_131826042
    As dreich as it looks.
    PXL_20231021_124757465
    Passed the 15km chafe test.
    PXL_20231021_134527599

Then a 10 minute dip in Loch Pityoulish with Mrs S.

PXL_20231021_152753218

Might have an easy week so I’m ready for Saturdays run.

fazzini

Well thanks to the absolute pillock that mentioned one of Mrs Fazzini’s 90s fitness DVDs, guess what I did today? 🤦🏻‍♂️ Yup. The prime, pillock himself, did one of those DVD workouts. My knees hurt. I also forgot I was getting my hair cut, so a near 8-mile walking round trip to the barbers was completed also. Did I mention I’m a pillock?? 😂

Edit:

Passed the 15km chafe test.

You have to love it when total strangers post pics of their kegs on the internet. 😳😂

scotroutes

You have to love it when total strangers post pics of their kegs on the internet

Coming to a Classifieds near you soon…

bonni

36. 50 km on the winter road bike. The tail end of this cold and a light headwind made it tough in the latter stages.

The autumnal Monmouthshire countryside was looking pretty stellar, which was a welcome distraction and, sitting here with a mug of tea, I’m definitely drinking in the type 2 fun.

Rubber_Buccaneer

90s fitness DVDs, guess what I did today?

In fluorescent leotard and leg warmers I hope (was that the 90s?)

My Strava log looking ok even if some of the blobs are small

Screenshot_20231021-181819_Original

sandboy

Just home from an extended dog walk. It’s the best I can manage today, but I did spend some time using the foam roller while watching the football.
    It’s just stopped raining here, hoping to make up for it tomorrow.

bonni

@fazzini

Ha ha – that’s gas!  Loving the 90s vibes, including the use of the word pillock. Last time I heard that one was when Gareth Southgate took a penalty in 96!

i’m hoping you got a 90’s hair-doo. A nice set of curtains perhaps?

bikebob

Had to miss yesterday as zero time due to work, at 6pm still windy and persisting it down so I bailed.   Did push 14 mile run today, way out my comfort zone.   Frustratingly Apple Watch only recorded half (separate thread).  Miffed with watch but happy and vindicated with 14m.

fazzini

A nice set of curtains perhaps?

@bonni
    I should be so lucky 😉

walowiz

Day 36 – indoor turbo session on the wahoo app, 32.5 km in 61 mins, at a constant 175w.

an hour is the most I can manage on the turbo, even with a tv to watch, music, it’s so dull. How do some of you manage 2 hours on the turbo ?

LAP13
    Free Member

D36

First Zwift session in a long time

All sorts of new stuff on there. Kind of missed it, kind of haven’t 😆

eulach

This week went well (I’m on -1 after missing a day week before last) with the normal running and biking. Two things of note though – one was Boda Borg with the family  – a bit like the Crystal Maze but without Rocky Horror man. Great fun and a good way to leave the real world for 4 hours without entering cyberspace.

The other was Jason Paul’s yt video ranking parkour moves by difficulty. I’ve started a quest with my daughter to master the 23 beginner moves by spring.

kimbers

bodyweight yesterday

skateboard this afternoon, can almost olie….

Dickyboy

Failed to keep it up (ooer missus) but back in the game now & getting swooped on by a macaw* during yesterday evenings run was a first.

* yes a big blue & yellow parrot

fazzini

A slow 20 miles on the bike to help clear my slightly ‘foggy’ head. May have had 1 or 2 glasses of wine too many watching the rugby last night.
    Glorious in the sunshine. Chilly out of it.

IMG_20231022_124714IMG_20231022_113724IMG_20231022_122531IMG_20231022_115920IMG_20231022_113735IMG_20231022_122522

higgo
    Free Member

Day 37: walked to/from junior parkrun and walked the course for the ‘event day course check’.

LAP13
    Free Member

D37

An explore round town

scotroutes

@fazzini – yeah, looked awesome, felt chilly. 

PXL_20231022_133013634

55km steady ride for me, with coffee and a scone at Loch Insh 

Merak

76 miles and a circumnavigation of Loch Katrine whilst being trolled by folk who’d hired ebikes doing 18mph up the hills thanks for that..

Cullen Skink @ Stronachlacher raised my spirits but the streaky bacon I prepared for my breakfast was a mistake. Reflux anyone? When will I learn.

I’m making a wood shed tomorrow so a nice wee walk will do me.

Stick in folks.👌💪🏆

kimbers

1.5 hr round the surprisngly dry trails at Woburn in lovely sunshine

walowiz

IMG_1187

Day 37 – eMtb ride, brilliant sunshine, muddy and slippery but really good fun and great to be outside.
    34.5 km in 2 hours
    later walked wombat for 3 km in a leisurely 42 minutes.

ads678

Walk last night then MTB today. I didn’t get that many runs in today but was good to get out. 

TimP
    Free Member

Been steadily ticking the days off with the odd jog/turbo/circuits during the week.

Yesterday I did 8km run in the morning and a load of walking in London to go to a museum and to my bro’s house for the rugby. Clocked up 23k steps!!

Out today with the kids shopping at Oxford Circus so clocked another 12k steps.

Got ikea tomorrow on the way home so will try and do a gentle turbo as it’s circuits on Tuesday and my legs are wrecked as I don’t normally walk much more than 5k steps a day.

Mentally it’s starting to get a bit wearing having to think a few days ahead so I can get recovery in but I’m certainly noticing physical benefits of weight loss and more energy.

Viewing 40 posts - 681 through 720 (of 1,191 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.