Home Forums Chat Forum 100 days of exercise until Christmas 2023

Viewing 40 posts - 561 through 600 (of 1,191 total)
  • 100 days of exercise until Christmas 2023
    Merak

Lost count of days, 9 mile run tonight. I’ll be in a world of pain tomorrow.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

[/url]

Me, earlier

TimP
    Free Member

Just done a 30min turbo session. Sweaty mess

scotroutes

I spent much of today taking some photos of the flooding – at one point checking out my planned route for tonights running club.

This is the 18th tee at Dalfaber Golf Course…

-1_2_0_2023_10_09_11_56_34_MAX_0347
    And looking along the fairway…
    -1_2_0_2023_10_09_11_58_06_MAX_0348
    Made it out for dip-a-day in the enigma that is Loch Vaa (water level has risen a whole 7cm in a week :-)  )
    PXL_20231009_144536300
    And then 11km with running club tonight, trying to keep up with the young ‘uns.

LAP13
    Free Member

D24

Disappointed as migrainey so will try and catchup and double a day

Not great but it is what it is

bonni

24. Was hoping to make it 2 days in a row on the mtb but life got in the way. So, another full body pilates vid, this time with Isa Welly. Decent.

I reckon I’m starting to loosen up a tiny bit. Less rigid fridge; more wobble, like IKEA chest of drawers.

Some great efforts being posted on here (put mine to shame).

25% tomorrow… yehudi!

chestrockwell

Gonna try the MTB again tomorrow after loosing track of time today. Had to settle for a 30 min cardio blast in the gym, treadmill, ski machine, rower.

reluctantjumper

Day 25 is a lap of the Twrch trail at Cwmcarn. I’ve struggled to get round it the last few months but today I managed it pretty easily, even got from the tollbooth to the top picnic table in a few seconds over 45 minutes! My fastest time for that was back in 2017 at 27.57 (and in the middle of a 45 mile ride) and I’ve struggled to get under the hour the last two years due to complete lack of fitness. Really good to see and feel positive progress from all these cumulative days adding up. Might even set myself a challenge of getting into the 30-somethings by the end of this.

sandboy

Up and down a ladder all day and I have just cycled to the supermarket and back. Feeling a bit fatigued but can’t remember the last recovery day. Next one could be tomorrow!
    Edit, those pictures of the golf course!! Incredible that down here we’ve been enjoying summer.

scotroutes

Yep. Quiet day for me. Did an hour or so of weights/yoga and will have a leg stretch to the pub and back later. 

chestrockwell

Made it out on the bike today.

ride

fazzini

Went for my first ever bike ride with a cycling club yesterday (strictly off-road gravellish based;non of that chain gang stuff for me!! I’m too unfit and waaayy too slow 😂). That was part of my self-help – getting out there and getting through the anxiety. I survived. It was good too 😁

Today, instead of driving to the office to pick up a couple of things I’d forgotten last week, I pedalled there after I’d finished WFH for the day. Tomorrow will be walk only as I’m away for the day at HQ.

TimP
    Free Member

1 hr of boxing circuits today. Tmrw will be a relaxed day!

ads678

Struggled last couple of days, just seemed to be really busy. I actually nearly forgot yesterday. Managed to fit in some yoga before bed.

Just a walk tonight. Hate this bit where it’s starts getting dark early, just starts to get hard to get enthused. I need to start trying to do stuff in the mornings.

ton

day 25.     fatbiking.   such fun.

bonni

25. Post-work ride around the Abergavenny Alps. Warm enough to wear a t-shirt, even after sundown.

A nice way to mark the 1/4 mark.

042BCDAA-F747-471E-B3A0-442CAD1523CCA693578A-A1EC-4D03-AE1B-1A31C0FE2CDBBD15FCE9-A5D1-4E4B-A4DE-98AEFBCFD296D3190DA1-33CE-4151-8394-CC6B60324A3A

eulach

I failed yesterday but in the spirit of the challenge I’m going to strive for 99 days.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Super sharp shooter EP on the turbo trainer

Troooo playaaaah

scotroutes

Hate this bit where it’s starts getting dark early, just starts to get hard to get enthused.

And this is precisely why I keep joining this challenge. 

LAP13
    Free Member

D25

Still headachey and not at all enthused

Bit of quad skating – skills practice and some roller disco

Copacabana anyone? 🫣😵‍💫

Rubber_Buccaneer

This challenge is great motivation to keep going until the days are getting longer.  Another 5k on the gym treadmill today, not my favourite thing to do but at least Garmin told me I only needed 23 hours recovery this time.  On my first attempt I think the Garmin formulas were taken by surprise and estimated four days to recover!

LAP13
    Free Member

D26

Cadence drills, again

Still, it’s drizzly and cold and dark and without this challenge and that Moog film, I wouldn’t have gone so thanks 👍🏻😁

scotroutes

Day 26

7.5 km run at an easy pace, checking out the damage to the tracks from the weekends deluge.

30 minutes post-run yoga with Kassandra.

And another trip to the crannog in Loch Vaa.

There’s been a distinct lack of cycling happening, which I really need to put right!

thestabiliser
    Free Member

30 mins kata and chinning bar, couldn’t face weights and press ups etc. A little bit light weight but will do a decent bike ride tomorrow, might even chuck in an interval or two

ads678

Only managed a walk tonight. I feel like shit and full of lurgy, knocked off work at lunchtime and slept. 

Still in the game, but only just.

bonni

26. Chilled today. I just did an hour walk in the dark and mizzle by the river. Pretty nice really. Turned the head torch off and just kept the water to the side of me. At one point I was startled by a loud splash – a leaping fish or diver perhaps? Not sure, but it livened things up momentarily. The dog decided not to roll in cow sh!t for a change, which was kind of her.

I may do a bit of pre-bed yoga. I kind of like it.

bonni

@ads678 – well done for hanging in there.

I feel I’m gonna succumb to lurgy soon as I’m surrounded by it.

higgo
    Free Member

Day 25: club run

Day 26: walk to/from shop – not the nearest shop as that’s only 5 mins away but one far enough away to give me a 30min walk. I was only going to the shop for chocolate biscuits but it still counts, right?

MTB ride planned this evening, possibly solo as the rest of them have gone down with the lurgy I had at the weekend.

kimbers

bodyweight workouts Monday & Tuesday, then only just managed to squeeze in yoga before bed last night as work eas manic followed by school open evening for the mid kid 

lights on charge for a soggy ride tonight 

sandboy

As predicted, an easier day yesterday. Extended dog walks and a thirty minutes of stretching in the evening has done the trick.
    Just home from a fast 20 mile road ride after work, looking at my Garmin, my numbers are looking a bit better already!

ads678

Managed a short dog walk and then 40 minutes on the bike today.

scotroutes

Biked!!!

Yep – got out this afternoon after dusting off the fatbike (and fitting mudguards). Lovely Autumn afternoon, descending into dusk. Had the lights on approaching home.

Someone on the “Autumn” thread was complaining about everything being grey. Far from it here with shades of green, brown and red.

PXL_20231012_161445835

PXL_20231012_161605844

PXL_20231012_161507979

bonni

27. Gym sesh. Also coached/played youth footy. My knees will not be happy tomorrow.

LAP13
    Free Member

D27

Beatsaber-ing at super fast speed

Its ridiculous

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Half an hour paddling this morning on an unbelievably gorgeous Coniston water, to go and fix my broken boat. Just missed the best of the mist whilst inflating the kayak but it was stunning and mirror flat

1:30 on the bike tonight including a molten lava sunset light show. Not a bad old day boat disasters aside

Also got hissed at by the biggest fattest adder I’ve ever seen, was buggering off by the time I got a photo though

AndrewL

Lovely photos above

Condolences to those with lurgy, I’ve had a dose of one of the viral things going round so have done a bit less these last few days. COuple of short rides after work Monday and Tuesday and only really felt like a little walk yesterday.

Was off today but trying to repair render on the house for some of the day. Got out for a ride later on, encountered some brave souls about to go for a swim in the murky depths of the Barbrook settling pond – I like a swim there in the summer but it is always a bit like swimming in water with bitter beer like clarity.

barbrook

twistedpencil

Urggh, lurgy has its claws in me. Rode today, but suspect I’m out from tomorrow. Was looking forward to escaping on the mtb this evening but sat on the sofa instead 😞

reluctantjumper

Day 27 was my first night ride of the season, out in the FOD as the cafe stays open late so felt rude to not have a slice of cake and a brew to escape the mist and drizzle!  Have found out that one of my lights has a battery that hasn’t survived the summer very well though, half the runtime it should have.

PXL_20231012_180913802PXL_20231012_184523031

Today is another Zwift session as I’m short of time thanks to family stuff.

higgo
    Free Member

Day 27: mtb (short, solo)

Day 28: lunchtime walk in the rain

LAP13
    Free Member

D28

Stretches and just making conscious movement

Viewing 40 posts - 561 through 600 (of 1,191 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.