Home Forums Chat Forum 100 days of exercise until Christmas 2023

Viewing 40 posts - 521 through 560 (of 1,191 total)
  • 100 days of exercise until Christmas 2023
    scotroutes

You ran 25k??

Yep. But I did get a lift back home (via Nethy Cafe).

bonni

21. Another gym sesh. Avoided legs as we’re on the bikes tomorrow. 

higgo
    Free Member

Day 22: parkrun shocker – had to stop running after ~1km and walked most of the rest. Even when walking my HR and breathing took ages to come back.

I think I may be going down with some form of ‘lurgy’ – if I have to take some days off the challenge through proper illness I will and then keep going again once I’m OK to carry on (although tomorrow’s plan is walk to/from junior parkrun and I’m reasonably sure I can do that).

ads678

I’ve had a bit of a lurgy, all of us in the house have had it, wife had it worse though. I really struggled on a run Thursday night so just had a walk last night, and going biking today instead of doing park run.

soobalias
    Free Member

D22 could/should have started better, a nice lazy saturday morning, veggie brekkie and coffee….. now turns out the kids are over this afternoon for a BBQ!2hrs 34mins to procrastinate, cut the lawn, prep the BBQ and decide on an exercise session – wish me luck.I thought i pulled it out the bag yesterday, staying on at work to use the gym after a rubbish week

LAP13
    Free Member

D22

Bit of a stretch and running round getting gig ready – bit of a cop out today

fazzini

Day 22 in the Big Brother house and…
    OK. Not really. But I did manage a mud-avoiding 29 miles on the bicycle today. 😁 One of those days when everything was lush and I had a stupid grin on my chops the whole way.

Lovely flapjack in The Cycle Hub cafe too.

IMG_20231007_105510__01

TimP
    Free Member

Not checked in for a while. Day 15 was a fail. Really annoyed with myself but just couldn’t get past a mental block. Was really down, got through a tough day at work and just couldn’t haul my ass off the sofa. Picked it back up and been going solidly since but I know I’m out for this year. 

Been mixing up circuits, jogging, turbo sessions, etc but annoyingly it seems like I can run and ride but can’t walk because of a dodgy knee so gentle days are hard. Managed another 5km run and was another 30s faster than last time. 

This morning managed an 8km run in just over 50mins which is the furthest I have run since 2007!!

Can’t get over the amount of sweating I am doing with all this😳 I’m constantly drinking water to try and catch up. Also dropped about 1kg so far. Getting a lot closer to my pre operation weight but also much fitter all round. 

I am liking what this is doing to me

fazzini

I know I’m out for this year

Just go for a walk on Xmas day and call it even 😁

scotroutes

Out this morning in the lashing rain to support Mrs S in her dip-a-day challenge. Well, I guess it wouldn’t be a challenge if it didn’t involve some hardship! 

GX010308_1696678821705

It must be love. Right?

And then an hour on Zwift to remind myself what spinning a crank is like. 

sandboy

Another hour of weights yesterday and a very enjoyable ride this morning. The weather has been very unseasonal, it was a pleasure to be out so made the most of it and was out for three hours.

jeffl

After being away in Spain last Fri – Mon, drinking *way* too much and only walking blew the cobwebs off with a decent ride up to Lady Cannings, just under 40 miles. Lovely weather, although the coffee van wasn’t at Curbar Gap which was disappointing. Curbar Edge was super busy.

IMG_20231007_141953IMG_20231007_141334IMG_20231007_161907IMG_20231007_160955IMG_20231007_170404

Screenshot_2023-10-07-18-19-14-868-edit_com.strava

timizere

Easily the hardest part of doing this is avoiding getting sick.. last year it was flu- was flattened for 3 weeks. This year it’s the ‘vid. Managed 15 days and have just had to rest this week. Looking forward to picking back up when the chest allows.

sandboy

Easily the hardest part of doing this is avoiding getting sick.

Absolutely this.
    It’s a lottery and illness or injury is hard to avoid. Last year I was struck down with flu the week before Christmas. All we can do is give it our best shot.
    Best of health to everyone!

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Just a lunch time walk yesterday, grafting on the house today and just done 30 mins weights and 15 mins kata

Can o’clock!

chestrockwell

30 mins interval running on the treadmill today.

ditch_jockey

Most of this week has been Zwift based, so good to get out for a wander up Conic Hill last night after work. Have been struggling with a lack of fitness and motivation since having shoulder problems at the start of the year, so the 100 day challenge is proving a good motivation to build some consistency back into my exercise habits.

IMG_6619

walowiz

Day #21 – eMtb ride 33 km in 1 hour 42 minutes. Brilliant fun. Later a 3km walk with Wombat in 48 minutes.

Day #22 – swim 2.64 km in 54 minutes. Not a great session, was bloody tired. Am still knackered now !

but still in the challenge and well done everyone still doing this. It’s not always that easy to keep going at this.

some great pics and stuff being done by you guys. 

bonni

22. Off colour this morning, so cycling postponed until tomorrow. I went for a short walk (30-40 mins) to enjoy the balmy weather. Finally did some stretching and pseudo-yoga moves for about 30 mins after the rugby Not great but FoD tomorrow.

reluctantjumper

Had a really rough 36 hours so only just managed to squeeze a Zwift training session in before midnight. Probably be another one tomorrow too as I doubt I’ll have any time for a proper ride despite the decent forecast.

peesbee

How difficult can it be to keep count of what day I’m on! Had a great walk on south coast yesterday on what I thought was D21 – but just read thread and realised it was D22 😀. Out for a road ride shortly for D23.
    Nearly 25% done!

olddonald

9 mile run yesterday – prep for a trail run next week. Bike or weights today

Dipped out of this site to a couple of gruellers at work and a stomach bug.

Happy in myself that in getting more than enough exercise though

tetrode

Haven’t posted in here until now but I’ve been following this and have managed to succeed so far with a mixture of MTB, turbo, bouldering, walks and weight training. I must admit it’s quite satisfying seeing a big block of activities on my Strava training log!

If I don’t get ill before Xmas I’m quietly confident I can get this done. Back on the MTB this morning after a big 43km 1200m day yesterday.

jimmy

Had a therapeutic/ cathartic few days in Chesterfield looking after my mum post spinal op. Thursday and Friday were dog walks in Stone Edge quarry, where we spent a lot of teenage time “sessioning” one particular trail and rocky chutes. Yesterday was a run along Curbar and Baslow edges – bit shorter than planned but didn’t feel great so no bad thing. Then walked around Holymoorside rediscovering more trails of my youth and visiting Dad & Dog’s ash scattering spot. Lovely part of the world. Yoga this morning to stretch it all off.

PXL_20231007_080512231PXL_20231007_134532554PXL_20231007_163322681PXL_20231007_141209661

higgo
    Free Member

Day 23: walk to/from junior parkrun 

sandboy

Two hours scarifying the lawn with a rake will have to do for today. Quite a workout!

bonni

23. FoD with son 2. Lovely weather but Cannop was packed! Now off to mow the lawn.

TimP
    Free Member

2hrs on the single speed today. Can’t stop eating but feel like I’ve worked hard for it. Toad in the hole for tea and it doesn’t stand a chance

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Went for a run up to Levers water, well, a run back down from Levers water.

gas station with e85 gas near me

ads678

7k walk Friday evening, MTB Saturday and just been for a run/walk with my wife. Only 4.3k but she’s not been well this week and I’m still sweating like mad and knackered!

LAP13
    Free Member

D23

Dancing around at rehearsals then a good wander round town for the photos.

Too wired today

scotroutes

Had to exercise indoors today. Flood warning was at RED – Danger to Life level and bit of the town are submerged.

Coincidentally, Zwift sent me a “we’ve not seen you for a while” email with a promo code for a free month so I’ll count that as a win!

kimbers

skateboard on Friday

then 2 days on cub camp, that’s definitely a workout!

chestrockwell

Really couldn’t be bothered today but managed some more interval runs + some upper body stuff. Hopefully get out on MTB tomorrow.

reluctantjumper

A few hours down the local beach with the RC club and our crawlers this afternoon followed by a Zwift session. Honing in on 25 days without a missed day, really happy with that!

mogrim

Had to exercise indoors today. Flood warning was at RED – Danger to Life level and bit of the town are submerged.

Perfect for your wife’s “dip a day”, though?

Not doing the challenge this year – I’ve got a couple of races coming up, so knew I’d be tapering/recovering and it wasn’t going to happen. But I’m enjoying following along with all your activities, and it’s great to see a few of you are starting to notice real gains from doing it!

And the photos, obviously :)

reluctantjumper

Went for a walk to see the waterfalls at Blaen Y Glyn Isaf in the Brecon Beacons today, not a huge distance but a tough walk so plenty of calories burned. Took the little truck with me too.PXL_20231009_101453113PXL_20231009_110921872

One day I might actually go for a walk somewhere without it 🤣

higgo
    Free Member

Day 24: lunchtime walk – I was going to walk to/from work but had a crap night’s sleep so opted to wfh but dragged myself out for a walk.

sandboy

Road ride after work. The weather is beautiful, better than July and August, really warm and a most noticeably light breeze. Perfect cycling conditions and I’d say the best I can remember for some time.

Viewing 40 posts - 521 through 560 (of 1,191 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.