Home Forums Chat Forum 100 days of exercise until Christmas 2023

Viewing 40 posts - 481 through 520 (of 1,191 total)
  • 100 days of exercise until Christmas 2023
    bonni

18. Short sharp ride up and down my local hill. 1hr 10 mins. 👌🏻

@scotroutes
    – Nicole knows how to administer  the pain! Kind of glad it’s not just me she’s hurting.

higgo
    Free Member

Day 17: walking round Munich (any fitness gains immediately drowned at Oktoberfest!)

Day 18: Reimer parkrun (Oktoberfest-affected)

Chances of me completing this challenge i.e. doing ‘some’ exercise every day: 51%
    Chances of me getting the day numbers correct: 49%

reluctantjumper

Day 18 was a ride at Afan, the Penhydd trail. Every time I do it I’m reminded that they’ve not maintained the thing at all since the rebuild after the 10 year closure so the drops on Revelation are now crap as you land on a mess of jagged rocks. Knew I should have just done Blue Scar twice instead!

PXL_20231003_110341981

walowiz

Day #18 – 52 mins on the turbo 27.5 km. Done.

crossed

18/100

45 minutes of Rouvy on the turbo trainer. Hopefully back out on the MTB tomorrow.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Now then, where did I get to?

Saturday was weights I think, Sunday was busy with dutiful son in law shenanigans so just an hour or so walk with the fam. Last night was wobbling as karate was cancelled again and I just couldn’t be arsed with the weights or turbo and was too wet in the fields for a run so stuck about 30kg of rocks in a rucksack and did half a dozen hill repeats up the drive (250m ish). Tonight was 40 mins of weights/bodyweight and a bit of kata to warm down. Noticing a slight improvement, am on reps of 4 chin ups now as opposed to 2-3ish at the start (as opposed to 12-14 two years ago :\ ). Still totes swole, though bro… around the middle. Not lost any weight yet at all which surely can only be explained as fat morphing in to cast iron muscle

Proper day grafting and 2hr – 17 mile eeb ride tonight.

Showing 17k steps, but even though my watch picks up I’m cycling, it adds steps. Useless

AndrewL

Sunday – Digging and mattocking at community garden and a walk
    MOnday – out on the bike
    Tuesday – finished work late so an evening walk

Today – managed to get out on the bike again up to Stanage.

stanage edge

below Stanage plantation

scotroutes

40 mins or so of easy-ish running this afternoon. 

20 mins swimming with Mrs S in Loch Pityoulish. First time in a wetsuit for aaages. I’d forgotten about the bouyancy, which felt really weird in the wee waves being kicked up by the wind. 

GX010305_1696435432688GX010306_1696435489642

ads678

19k local xc blast this evening. 55 minutes.

bikebob

My easiest day to date, half hour walk.  Back at it tomorrow with more effort.    Going to be a long haul.

crossed

19/100

90 minutes of The Ridgeway today on the MTB. Heck of a headwind in one direction but good to be out.

LAP13
    Free Member

D19

Run/walk/run

olddonald

Swim this morning 06.30 – try to do one swim every week – bike commuting Thurs and Fri.

kimbers

cycle to & from cubs in an epic thunderstorm on Monday

bodyweight workout last night

my first ever?! 10k run this evening

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Clambered up the fell and ran back down at lunchtime, was mega breezy on the top p. Refreshing!

didnthurt

I did my first session since March on the indoor rollers last week. I strangely quite enjoyed it. It was only a 40 odd minute sweet spot session but was quite impressed with my 32km distance (45km/h average speed).

Well done everyone. Keep up the good work.

bonni

19. Gym sesh. 50 mins.

walowiz

Day #19 – woke up with a stinking bloody cold and very unwell all round. Properly pi@@ed off, so I went swimming anyway. Jesus H that session was hard work, 3.12 km in 66 minutes, nothing to do with technique or fitness just stoopid bloodymindedness.
    walked wombat after work in a bit of a daze for 30 minutes. That felt like a slog uphill through treacle.

Another day grafting, was going to gym it, but was knackered. I’m taking my working day on the tools as my exercise for the day

Merak

17 still at it.

Zwift for 45 mins entered my first race and was dropped immediately.,😅

reluctantjumper

Tour of Watopia for day 19, didn’t hit it hard but definitely worked up a sweat.

Rubber_Buccaneer

One fifth done!

scotroutes

One fifth done!

I thought it was still day 19. 😂

Mrs S is doing the Aviemore 10km at the weekend so, as her coach (😉), it fell to me to force her out for a wee run between showers.

PXL_20231005_152314723~3
    Finished that off with an hour or so of yoga/stretches and weights.

walowiz

Day #20 – 3 km swim in 62 minutes, felt very very slow, as fatigue and a cold set in – and there was yet another fekwit in the pool swimming the wrong way and not really getting how the fast lane works. There are muppets everywhere.

ads678

Rubbish 5k run tonight. Why am I always rubbish at running in the evening?

LAP13
    Free Member

D20

Walk to the LBS, for a burrito! Walk back

reluctantjumper

Day 20 and a few hours spent having fun at Windhill Bike Park. 10 laps and pedalled backup the hill for 6 of them, one was to the sound of the hippos being fed 🤣

PXL_20231005_105753629

sandboy

An hour of weights yesterday and tonight, one hour twenty out on the bike. Had a close encounter with a hare, green woodpecker and a barn owl when heading home. Makes it worth the effort!

fazzini

No idea what day it is, but I managed another mooch out on the bike this morning. Still getting over ‘Covid 5.0’ but feels like progress. Even contemplating a parkrun on Saturday 😱

chestrockwell

I’ve been trying to go steady most days to avoid burning out but after an hours upper body with my PT yesterday I was pretty tired today. Managed 40 mins in the gym though with some interval runs and a bit of core.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Hour and a half on the cx bike, while the youngest was at cubs. Black as pitch, blowing a hoolie and chucking down. Loved it!

Conishead priory/manjushri centre

bonni

20. 40 minutes of yoga with Adrienne.

jimmy

Isometrics yesterday, dog strolling today. Visiting mum after her spine surgery – mighty impressive results!

higgo
    Free Member

Day 19: lunchtime walk

Day 20: run

Day 21: walk to/from work (technically only walked to work at this point but I’m not planning to stay the night)

LAP13
    Free Member

D21

Little run. Couldn’t get out on tarmac due to complete road closure so went off road. Don’t like it! 😆

reluctantjumper

Day 21, a gentle walk into Abergavenny and back while getting mum’s car MOT’d. Rather nice to have an easy day and use up dead time.

fazzini

Well after today’s mini-mooch, the Parkrun may have to wait another week. In better news, I saw my first ever ‘local’ red squirrel today, so that’s made up for me feeling like cack 😁

IMG_20231006_131738

scotroutes

Day 21. 25km run to Grantown on Spey along the Speyside Way. Felt remarkably good.

PXL_20231006_123027029Still some bonnie flowers around PXL_20231006_134823369

Met this wee chap on the pathPXL_20231006_125046484

Finished off (after cake and coffee) with 20 minute stretching with Ash (Can throughly recommend his YouTube channel – https://www.youtube.com/@RunBetterwithAsh)

fazzini

25km run

You ran 25k?? 🤯 (jealous of location (and ability 😉))

Viewing 40 posts - 481 through 520 (of 1,191 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.