Home Forums Chat Forum 100 days of exercise until Christmas 2023

Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 1,191 total)
  • 100 days of exercise until Christmas 2023
    chestrockwell

Dog walk up Embsay Crag yesterday, on my own and at reasonable pace, upper body work out today.

Merak

2 hours 45 mins on the gravel bike this evening. Im a broken man.

bonni

13. After supervising football training, I did a gym sesh for around 50 mins.

Still no cycling but got my lights out and charged them.

Absolutely nothing today, apart from a walk around site. Only done 4.5k steps.

Having the day off tomorrow and planning a 40 miler on the e bike and maybe a gym sesh. Then hopefully leg powered bike Saturday morning.

We’ll see if any of that actually happens

Alcohol consumption has been cut to almost zero though – doing three months of little to no booze

CountZero

I’ve never been too bothered about exercising, I’ve had a number of jobs over recent years that meant I was on my feet and walking a lot every day. Now I’m not, but issues with my knees means any significant bending, or kneeling is out of the question, just the thought of kneeling on a hard surface makes me feel ill!
    I have taken up a sport since August, but it doesn’t really involve moving around much, in fact keeping as still as possible is pretty much a requirement. Until you have to go and retrieve your arrows from the target…

higgo
    Free Member

day 9: walk to/from volunteering at jr parkrun

day 10: yoga

day 11: club run

day 12: lunchtime walk

day 13: run before work

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Yesterday went a bit wrong, meant to be a bike ride while the youngest was at cubs but never happened as cubs was cancelled, had banked a walk at lunch time though so we’ll count that.

today I rided a bicycle for an hour. Well done me. I even took a piccie

crossed

IMG_0331

Despite starting to feel much better I had a positive Covid test today!

An hour out on the bike anyway, much harder than it should be but well worth it.

reluctantjumper

A lap of the Gorlech trial today at Brechfa, legs definitely feeling it now I’m home so an easy day planned tomorrow!

scotroutes

Couple of hours on the turbo today. Not done that in a while so definitely feeling the after-effects.

ads678

Yoga for me today. I’m starting to like it actually.

Tomorrow should be park run in the morning then see if my son want to go to greno, stainburn or Leeds bike park in the afternoon.

hightensionline

Much more cycling for me this week, which has been a result. The car is in for a service, and needs a sensor replaced which won’t be in until Monday afternoon – so all the cycle commuting and trips to the shops by bike until then at least. A fitness win, and it hasn’t rained very much this week which is a bonus. Even had a puncture yesterday, but while I stopped to fix it, a family of deer just passed by a few feet away as they skipped across a field.

Riding bikes is ace; I just need a little reminder every now and again.

LAP13
    Free Member

D14

Benchmark run thing

ads678

…and a dog walk avec pint….

Merak

Blowing a gale today. Turbo for 30 mins.

Didn’t bother with the gym after this one.

Ebike you say? Did the first 29 miles on 15% assist – 50lb+ bike with 2.8 tyres at 18psi. Making a 5yr old 504wh battery on 90% health last 29 miles speaks for itself tbf. Not gonna lie, I smashed the hell out of the second battery 🤣

Screenshot_20230929_204152_Strava

walowiz

Day #14 – eMtb ride 26km in 1 hour 23 minutes, only the second ride on it, so I was messing around with the assistance and enjoying the bonkers turbo and eMtb settings. Great fun.

bonni

14. Finally broke the seal on getting out on the bike. About 1.5 hours. Photos lodged on the weekend riding thread

jodafett

Mostly Yoga and walking (yes I am that unfit!) for me, but tomorrow I will try my first Parkrun! I’m aiming to not be the last one  over the finish line! I’ll report back if I survive!!

hightensionline

Awesome – hope the Parkrun goes really well!

ton

8 mile Beach walk yesterday.  I am shuffling painfully around our holiday cottage this morning.

Walking still hurts.

Fatbike ride today……..aces

fazzini

Still managing a slow walk, just, (sod you CV19)however, I wouldn’t have bothered but for this challenge. Hope the C25k goes well @LAP13 and the Parkrun @jodafett

ads678

Park run done. 31.41. Wanted to break 31 minutes but my right hamstring and calf had other ideas!!

Probably went off too hard TBF….

I’m trying to make Saturday mornings my HT bike ride to keep it real alongside the ebike rides, but after yesterday’s ride I CBA.

Done an hour and 15 weight training in the gym this morning

blokeuptheroad

Just about hanging in there, though just walks and stretching for the last few days. Lurgie, injury and other stuff going on have messed with my mojo!

higgo
    Free Member

Day 14: walking round Salzburg

Day 15: Hellbrun parkrun, Salzburg

jeffl

In Spain for a long weekend and can’t run ATM so a short walk along the coastal paths for me. Bit tiring when is 29°c.

IMG_20230930_110935

jodafett

It’s been said that I have 2 left feet! Today I had 2 right (wrong) feet. Packed my trainers last night and cycled to the Parkrun this morning. Got there and realised I had packed 2 different trainers but both were for the right foot!! Ran my first Parkrun wearing clipless 5:10’s. Did it in 37:46 and was challenged to a sprint finish by a 70yr old 🥳🥳. I claim a success tho 😂

AndrewL

Ride after work around Eyam area last night – definitely needing lights the whole way round.

MAnaged to get a ride in this morning before the rain – out through the woods then Houndkirk, Burbage, Longshaw and back over Totley Moss then Blacka Moor to drop home.

Burbage

LAP13
    Free Member

D15

16km Chepstow to Tintern return gravel Greenway.

First time on a bike in over a year so happy

(It’s the husband that rides, I joined STW to stalk him when we first met and stayed 🫣)

scotroutes

I headed out for a run earlier, not 100% sure of route. Detoured into a forest for a bit of exploring, found a few forwarder tracks to follow, then a nice quad track. I kept going for a bit before deciding I’d better think of turning for home. Turned out to be 16km. Glad I’d taken a Clif Bar with me 😀

crossed

IMG_0340

Went out for a gentle ride earlier. Was out for an hour but half an hour of that was clearing Storm Angus trail debris. Will need to head back tomorrow with a saw for the bits I couldn’t clear today.

reluctantjumper

Needed an easy day today so went for a gentle walk along a bit of the Welsh Coastal Path I’ve been meaning to explore for a while. It’s the but that goes under the Prince of Wales Bridge, driven over it multiple times a day for the last 18 months!

PXL_20230930_153113396

Pretty uneventful as it happens, just hard packed gravel and concrete sections but I can say I’ve been under there and my curiosity is now satisfied.

scotroutes

@reluctantjumper – perfect example of achieving something while doing not much on an easy day. I have a few “I must get around to…” targets in mind.

reluctantjumper

Yep, got a small list ready for other lazy days and a few things for when it’s too horrible outside and I don’t fancy another Zwift session. One I really want to do but can only do it on two midweek days every week so will have to see if things align. This time last year I’d already had two Fail days so having little things to do on days like today is certainly helping.

walowiz

Day #15 – swim 2.7 km in 54 minutes, felt quicker than normal. On Saturday there’s only an hour to swim laps at any kind of pace, before the aqua jogger crew turn up & then later it’s kids family etc.

had to swap swim days as I want to get back out on the bike Sunday early doors.

walked the wombat this evening – 2 km in 32 minutes.

all good and done.

Edit – completely get the approach on easier recovery days, good idea to make them a little bit special.

Caher

Weight lifting club am
    Jacuzzi pm (it’s a long walk to it)

sandboy

A nice ride along the river yesterday and a two hour dog walk this afternoon. The weather has been very kind!
    Saw a Wheatear this afternoon which is a sure sign that Autumn is here.

Merak

30 min running today. I can’t do the like for folks posts but fair play to all.for sticking in.💪

kimbers

skateboard around work yesterday & again today at the bowl+ some basketball with the kids

Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 1,191 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.