Home Forums Chat Forum 100 days of exercise until Christmas 2023

Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 1,191 total)
  • 100 days of exercise until Christmas 2023
    ads678

Blast round the local country park on the XC bike, sort of hill reps, 4 times up the hill with different descents each time.

Strava only says 36 minutes moving time, but I was out for 50 od minutes and didn’t stop apart from when I had to turn round cos the trail was too over grown! Need to check my settings…

blokeuptheroad

Just a 45 minute walk today.

scotroutes

Half an hour each of weights and yoga today. I’ll see what tomorrow brings along with Storm Agnes.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

30 mins weights/circuits

15 mins kata warm down

sweaty

walowiz

Day 11 – turbo session before work, 38 km in 71 minutes, 30 minute walk with wombat early evening. Done for today.

Here is Wombat.

IMG_7747IMG_0283

Merak

Day 9 turbo bit of a struggle tbh. Will persevere.

bonni

11. I have just finished 30 mins of yoga and stretching which I needed after muscle stiffness after a gym sesh last night. I guess I had a mildly active evening helping to run youth football too. But still no cycling.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Lovely dog is that.

LAP13
    Free Member

D11

90 mins ish of quad skating

Assuming I was signed up to this

D1 – 1hr 24m weight machines @ gym

D2 – 42m walking, presumably more than just moving about as picked up by watch, but no planned activities

D3 – 1hr 14m weight machines @ gym

D4 – 1hr weight machines @ gym

D5 – 2hr emtb ride

D6 – Nothing of note

D7 – 2hr 14m normal MTB ride

D8 – 1hr 17m weight machines @ gym

D9 – 1hr 17m emtb ride

D10 – 1hr 14m weight machines @ gym

D11 – nothing yet, but emtb ride tonight

Not too bad at keeping active really

blokeuptheroad

30 minutes easyish leg sesh in the gym today, working around some knee pain. Then 20 minutes of static bike intervals.

sandboy

Rode to and from the folk’s last night, 14 miles each way at a nice steady pace and just finished an hour of weights.
    Hoping to get out off road tomorrow.

scotroutes

Unexpected visit by friends meant a change of plans. Walked into town to meet them and just finished 40 mins of gym. MUST get out tomorrow!!

reluctantjumper

Another Zwift training session today although unexpended it by 30 mins to get another route badge.

Actually feeling a positive benefit now from all this activity, mainly in my endurance which has been a real weakness for me for a good year. Keeps the motivation up to build on that!

kimbers

managed to go for a run this evening

I really suck at running

LAP13
    Free Member

D12

Squats and stretches. It’ll do

ads678

Slooow 5k tonight. Everything hurts!

Tomorrow and Friday might have to be extended dog walks, so my legs recover for park run on Saturday. It’s a special one as one of the marshalls, a lovely old guy that’s been doing it for years died last week.

eulach

Core and strength training yesterday and a run today. All good.

bonni

12. 30 mins of Beginners Pilates with Nicole. Confirmed what I knew from doing yoga videos: I am about as flexible as a fridge-freezer.

scotroutes

@bonni – this one?

I had a quick browse of it and was thinking “fine” until it got to pigeon pose!

bonni

No. I went to the beach to relax…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbYkJXqdUP00711BC29-1617-4A3D-9923-76049233A6D6

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Given the weather tonight an indoor session was necessary, dusted off the turbo, fired up the drum and bass and only just  managed half an hour. I hate the turbo.

walowiz

Day 12 – had to take today as a recovery ish day. Lunchtime Walk along the thames 4.3 km in 47 minutes.

you know it’s funny, without this challenge I’d keep working, taking calls etc and work straight through all day. But for these 100 days, at lunchtime ish I just get up, walk out the door and go do something for at least 45 mins. The minds a strange place sometimes.

No wombat pics today.

scotroutes

@walowiz – I think I said in a previous post that doing the challenge in the past gave me the incentive to walk into town, shops etc and that change of routine has sort of stuck with me. Hopefully it will have the same effect on you!

@bonni
    – thanks. I might give that a go on the next “slack” day.

Rubber_Buccaneer

My second 5k on the treadmill today. I haven’t looked forward to Christmas this much since I was a kid 😀

Rubber_Buccaneer

But for these 100 days, at lunchtime ish I just get up, walk out the door and go do something for at least 45 mins

Win win, I’d say both the exercise AND taking a proper break from work are good habits

Merak

Last track of days but Zwift intervals late on tonight mean I’m still going.

onehundredthidiot

Recovering nicely from a nasty wee cold. Tuesday was 2hrs on the ebike just bashing round local loop/fields.
    Last night was a couple of wahoo strength and mobility workouts

Realised I got my days wrong – 11 should have been 12.

Anyway, took our chances with Agnes and got lucky – 15.3 miles, 2000ft, 1hr 49 mins on the eeb. Was steady away with my leg powered mate, so I turned the power down to 20% assist, 50% peak power

crossed

Well days 8-12 were a complete write-off due to some horrible flu-like thing I’ve had. Managed to walk the dog and that was my lot, even then it was only because my other half was even worse than me!

Back to it today with a 45 minute pootle on the MTB. Nothing strenuous as everything is hard work still.
    Onwards and upwards!

fazzini

I’ve only managed walks – I have covid again :(

AndrewL

Get well soon @fazzini.

Out on the bike after work Tuesday which quickly turned into a night ride.

Trot about after work last night, it was very mild. The storm was very underwhelming in the Peak.

Today rootled out on the commute bike and heading out bouldering later. The weather seems very dull and humid again today.

view towards longshaw

LAP13
    Free Member

D13

A run/walk thing to prep for the start of a C25K tomorrow

I don’t run… 🫣

sandboy

Up and down a ladder all day has aggravated my hip so just a focused stretching for me. 45 minutes and I feel much better.
    Going to be an extended dog walk in a little while.

scotroutes

Day 13 – Storm Agnes came to nowt really so it was off for a bit of a hike today

384293930_833690885427158_8616201249467382033_n

PXL_20230928_085749048

Up to a loch

PXL_20230928_091412797

For a bit of a swim

GX010298 (1)GX010297GX010298

Water temp 11.4c – same as the air.

And then did a 5km run round some local woods scouting out a route for running club on Monday

reluctantjumper

We had the remnants of Storm Agnes going through today so the planned evening ride has been changed to another Zwift training session. Will be out on the bike tomorrow though and a walk up a big hill is planned for the weekend too.

ads678

Extended dog walk at pace this evening. Been out all day in wilds of North Lincolnshire, then 5.5k dog walk. Fresh really knackers you out!

walowiz

Day #13 – early swim 2 miles in 69 minutes, later a walk with Wombat 2 km in 30 minutes.

jimmy

Did these today, along with yoga they’ll be my filler days.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2023/aug/08/the-isometric-secret-15-ways-to-get-much-fitter-without-moving-a-muscle?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

Listed them out on paper, 1m each x 2

gordimhor

Ì’m in Ayrshire for a bit storm agnes turned out to be dry but windy . That’s my excuse for taking 80 mins to do 11 miles on the road bike.

Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 1,191 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.