Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)
  • £1.80 for a Magnum Icecream 🤡
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

Saw me coming right ?

Its been about 10 years since buying an ice cream, so I’m hanging around waiting to get my hair cut and decide..

Its hot, I’ll have an ice cream 😜🤷‍♂️😤😤👅

Drac

3 for £1.50 in the Co-op

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

what should it cost?

I like the one with almonds . They are 2 quid.  I know!

matt_outandabout

The issue with buying three or four at once is that they melt, unless of course you can selflessly consume them all to prevent waist waste.

Drac

Or you freeze them.

DezB
    Free Member

Check the weights of them too – the more expensive, fancier ones are always lighter.. less of em!

trail_rat
    Free Member

“Or you freeze them.”

you carry a freezer round when you take a notion for a singular magnum on a hot day in town ?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve gone into a shop on a ride before to buy a box and just given any I can’t eat away!

I remember them being £1 but that was probably 15-20 years ago so £1.80 is probably normal with inflation.

Drac

you carry a freezer round when you take a notion for a singular magnum on a hot day in town ?

No. I have one at home though that said they don’t often make it or last long as the kids snaffle them n

zanelad
    Free Member

£1.50 that’s cheap. I picked up two magnums last night when I filled the car. It wasn’t until I  got home and looked at the receipt that I found out that I’d paid £5.60 for them. Rather spoilt the taste of it.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Best PSA ever!

I’d forgotten that I had some Haaggen Dazs mango and raspberry lollies in the freezer

Jamie
    Free Member

🤔

monkeyboyjc

Er 1.80 is the rrp

1.90 for a double choc or raspberry

And 2.00 if it’s a special one like praline. ……

Ro5ey
    Free Member

“Just one Cornetto

Give to to me

You must be joking, they cost 50p….”

That was the song down at beach on Canvey Island circa 1983…. Happy Days …. A Feast for me and a Funny Foot for my little sis.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

jamie:

For some reason the image didn’t load despite showing up perfectly in the preview, it posted a description instead. I could add this ‘feature’ to the new forum update thread but I doubt there’s much point.

Also.

Is that a picture of John Wayne Gacy in the thread title?

bikebouy
    Free Member

So £1.80 is the rrp, that’s fine then.

Its been so long since buying an ice cream…

And probably another 10 years or so until I buy another.

If we look at inflation, by then they’ll cost £401.89

Enjoy em’ whilst you can 🤣🤣💶💶💶💶💶💶💶🤐

Northwind

Better not be going up everywhere, it’s essentially the only thing I can order in French.

wait4me

Christ, what sort of joyless life is it if you haven’t had an ice cream in 10 years? Or is it only homemade artisan ice cream that is consumed? A cheap 99 is a thing of wonder, at least once every 5 years.

martymac

I really enjoy a mcds 99.

just big enough to enjoy.

Oddly, im not so keen on the flurry mcthingies, probably because they are too big.

monkeyboyjc

A cheap 99 is a thing of wonder

If your talking a Cadburys flake 99 as bough in a shop rather than a van – also £1.80 rrp.

Im off to buy approx £200 quids worth of ice creams in the morning.

CountZero

I like the one with almonds . They are 2 quid.  I know!

A box of three Morrisons own will cost a quid, and they’re much betterer than the real Magnums, I bought some once because Morrisons were out of stock of their own brand, and they sucked… 😉

chestrockwell

Got caught by a ice cream van today while out with my boy. £2.20 for a fruit shoot flavoured calippo.

Bunnyhop

We paid £2.50 for a mini tub of artisan, handcrafted, organic, fair trade, ethically sourced  (haha) mint choc chip yesterday at the Theatre, worth every penny.

The chocolate on a magnum is rank. If you melt it, there is a blob of chocolate coloured gloop, which tastes like something man made. Yuk.

RustySpanner

Magnums are inspirational and aspirational, like Santa Cruz, Rapha  or Audi.

The whole point of them is that they cost more. I  think this was touted as a major selling point when they were introduced.

footflaps

I only buy Magnums when on holiday in expensive tourist traps, so £1.80 seems like a bargain!

Drac

If you melt it, there is a blob of chocolate coloured gloop, which tastes like something man made.

🤔

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Magnums … choc ices on a stick.

Talking of which, quite partial to a choc ice on an hot summer’s evening.. ..I’d better check the depths of the freezer to see if there are any in it for this weekend

sssimon
    Free Member

I blame brexit, immigrants/racists, global warming, the Russians/Syrians, Heath and safety gone mad, nanny state and the Tory party.

fasthaggis

OP ..you should go full custom Magnum sometime 😉

Magnumtastic

Build your own

verses

I always think it’s weird that Magnums are “aspirational” and choc-ices aren’t, when essentially a Magnum is just a smaller choc-ice on a stick…

Edit: I also think it’s weird that I missed Ro5ey making the same point a couple of posts above… D’oh…

perchypanther
    Free Member

molgrips
    Free Member

When I was a small child a flake 99 cost 99p.  So when you consider how much nicer a Magnum is, and the effect of inflation, it’s not a bad deal.

£1 in 1982 is £3.60 now.  So a Magnum is half the price of a crappy 99 in 1982.  And you’re complaining…

If you melt it, there is a blob of chocolate coloured gloop, which tastes like something man made. Yuk.

Why would you melt it?  If you eat it cold on the outside of an ice cream, it’s lovely.

Most things can be made unpleasant if you do something unpleasant to them.

RustySpanner

But a 99 is far, far superior to a Magnum.

You get  wafer and elephant’s blood, as well as the ice cream and chocolate, so all the food groups are represented.

Does anyone else avoid ‘Mr Whippy’ style ice cream on ideological grounds?

perchypanther
    Free Member

elephant’s blood

Monkey blood innit?

Drac

Yes Monkey’s blood.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Christ, what sort of joyless life is it if you haven’t had an ice cream in 10 years?

I dont like milk, or milk products. Normally have a sorbet or nothing.

Is a magnum covered in chocolate or some homogeneous coloured fat ? Either way, it was a nice 10mins… followed by a large bottle of sparkling mineral water.

monkeyboyjc

BRAKING NEWS!!!!

magnums are now £1.90 at rrp……. Had to buy a load this morning for my shop. Almost every ‘premium’ ice-cream has increased by .10p. A feast is about the only one that hasnt changed (£1.00) even a Twister is now £1.10.

scuttler

Lidl mini magnum ripoffs. Box of 12 for £1.99 and your kids won’t get as fat.

https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/Products.htm?articleId=1247

RustySpanner

Yes Monkey’s blood.

Nonsense.

You’d never fit a monkey in an ice cream van.

perchypanther
    Free Member

You’d never fit a monkey in an ice cream van.

Displaying a poor grasp of the relative size of monkeys, elephants and ice cream vans there.

Too much powerkiting in the sunshine methinks.

By way of illustration, here’s a fine pair of monkey thumbs…..

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘£1.80 for a Magnum Icecream 🤡’ is closed to new replies.