Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • £1.80 for a Magnum Icecream 🤡
  • Rio

I was charged £3 for a Magnum Coconut in the cafe in Wendover Woods yesterday. Strangely I felt ripped off not by the price but more by the size – since when have Magnums been so small? Although looking on the bright side as it’s only two bites at least it doesn’t melt before you’ve finished it.

RustySpanner

Bunnyhop

molgrips – you’ve got children, therefore you know that on a very hot day, a small child can easily spend ages trying to eat the said frozen confectionery, which in a short space of time ends up a big blobby, melted mess on their shorts.

Rusty spanner, I stay away from anything ‘Mr Whippy’, hideous man made powdered rubbish, claiming to be ice cream.

Drac

I blame Thatcher.

theotherjonv

Cheapskates – I got fleeced for €34 for 4 ice creams in Siena last summer, just off Il Campo.

€8.50 each, but they were 3 large scoops of the most delicious flavours served up by the most delicious Italian smile as she emptied my bank balance, so not a lot I could say.

2tyred

I was charged £3 for a Magnum Coconut in the cafe in Wendover Woods yesterday.

£3 for a choc ice??? Bendover Woods more like.

molgrips
    Free Member

which in a short space of time ends up a big blobby, melted mess on their shorts.

Yes but you don’t then try and eat it.  The kids might, but then they probably won’t care what it tastes like.

Davesport

Coop in East Linton, £1.80 for one in the freezer at the door. Four for £2.00 multipack in the frozen foods at the back. I can’t see the problem eating all four before they melt. No dilemma for a trainee fat lad like me :o)

Drac

I confirm my local co-op no longer has them on offer but they do have Cornetto rip offs 4 for £1.

scuttler

With your two pounds surely you could eat one and shift 3 outside the front door for a pound each. Then you have three pounds and some sort of ponzi scheme where you get more ice cream and more money until either they run out of ice cream, the shop closes or the weather turns shit. Isn’t that how Richard Branston and YesLordSuga started out in business?

bikebouy
    Free Member

And you’re complaining…

Hmmm… suppose part complaint/part observation.

Didn’t think of it like that, more it being sunny and the ice cream being close to the till…

There is a fabulous ice cream shop just off Valley Gardens in Harrogate, if you are that way anytime soon.

anonymouse
    Free Member

STOP GETTING ICE-CREAM WRONG!

The correct plural is Magna, not Magnums.

RustySpanner

There is a fabulous ice cream shop just off Valley Gardens in Harrogate, if you are that way anytime soon…

I am, much appreciated.

If your ever near Llanberis, try Giorgio’s on the High Street. Owned by the relatives of someone in here I think. Lovely place, nice people.

Why IS a 99 called that btw? Yes, I could Google it, but where’s the fun in that?

bikebouy
    Free Member

That ice cream shop in Harrogate is called Vanillis..

Quite awesome..

http://www.vanillis.co.uk/

Drac

No one actually knows why there’s theories about the number with shop names and other ideas but that’s about it.

RustySpanner

Wow.

Has this place ever failed to answer a question before?

I was hoping it was the maximum number it’s possible to eat in an hour.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Ice Cream = IC = 99 in Roman numerals.

……..is my favourite theory

mrmoofo

As someone from the industry …

They are 2.40 here on the South Coast …

It is rubbish ice cream … way too much over-run and bugger all real vanilla ….

And the coating is not real chocolate …. but you knew that, right?

It is the much cheaper veg oil based version …

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘£1.80 for a Magnum Icecream 🤡’ is closed to new replies.