This beautiful vintage mountain bike is a joy to ride around on—fast and light, ideal for cruising around the city or exploring off road.
It’s in excellent condition for its age, as evidenced by the photos, having been lightly used and always stored indoors. Rides really well, I wish I could keep it. Bought it from the original owner two weeks ago but unfortunately it’s not the right fit for me.
Made in the UK in 1994.
Frame: Chromoly steel double-butted frame tubes with a deep-purple epoxy polyester powder coat finish and original decals.
Size: Medium-Large (17″ bottom bracket to seat post bracket, 22″ top tube length). This is the second largest size offered by Saracen for this model.
Recently Upgraded Parts:
– Shock Works X1 Suspension Fork (in good condition for both on and off-road riding)
– Amoeba seatpost
– BTWIN comfort saddle (like new, barely used)
– Mavic 717 rims on original STX hubs
– Brand new WTB Thick Slick tyres (£40 each) (I also have a set of Panaracer CinderSport 26×2.1 tyres available)
– Brand new inner tubes
– Brand new Brand X Trekker Handlebars (I also have some narrower Scott Strike ones available if you prefer)
– FSA XC 115 Stem
– Shimano V brakes and integrated shifters
– Shimano Alivio Cranks
– Double-sided pedals (Shimano SPD M520 MTB pedals also available)
– Lifeline bottle cage
– Original Shimano STX 21-speed group set front and rear derailleur
I can also cycle and deliver the bike around London, but payment via bank transfer will be required for this.
Alternatively, I’m willing to post the bike further if the buyer is willing to arrange shipping.
Price: £225 or best offer.
Payment accepted via bank transfer or cash on collection
Feel free to message for more information.