We’re a little in shock here today. Imagine you’re standing looking at a car parking rather too close to your bike and you’re giving the driver a dirty look because they belong on @YPLAC. Then the rear window winds down and a man in a balaclava leans out and grabs your bikes, two of them double locked together, and the car floors it. Your bikes disappear up the street with you in futile chase, sparks flying as the bikes catch the wheels on the car.
That is sadly the position we find ourselves in today, and we can assure you there is little that strikes immediate more fear than a balaclava.
The two bikes we’ve had taken are a 2020 Juliana Joplin, as featured in the current issue of Singletrack Magazine in Amanda’s lovely feature on riding and relaxing in Denmark. The other bike is Amanda’s own personal Ragley Piglet, lovingly built up and recently adorned with a Timber! bell that she’d just treated herself to.
Please keep your eyes peeled for these bikes or their components turning up anywhere suspicious. The Juliana in particular would be suspicious if it were being sold second hand at any time in the next 12 months – it’s only just gone on sale.
2020 Juliana Joplin CC X01 Reserve
- Aquarius Green
- Frame number 22P11556MCC
- Rockshox Pike Select+, 130mm
- FOX Float Performance Elite DPS Rear Derailleur
- SRAM XO1 Eagle, 12spd groupset
- SRAM G2 RSC brakes
- Santa Cruz AM Carbon bars
- Juliana Grips
- Cane Creek 40 IS Integrated Headset
- Rockshox Reverb Stealth, 1x Lever, 31.6 dropper
- Juliana Segundo Saddle
- Maxxis Minion DHF, 29″x2.3″, 3C EXO TR
- Maxxis Minion DHR II, 29″x2.3″, EXO TR
- DT Swiss hubs, Santa Cruz Reserve 27 Carbon Rims – 29″
2019 Ragley Piglet
- Dark green, orange decals
- Kashima Fox 34s
- Fox Transfer seatpost, the wrong size, fit with a beer can shim. Possibly seized in. Wolftooth remote.
- DT Swiss wheelset
- SQ Lab swept back bars
- SQ Lab 711 grips
- LoveMud stem
- Custom Havok Bike Park top cap
- Specialized Mimic Saddle
- Frame had been treated with Eco Coat which left an oil slick look on it, but only around the parts I haven’t rubbed it away with my baggies.
Amanda is very sad. If you’ve read her Denmark feature, you’ll know it’s not been an easy time of late, and this is a real kick when she’s down. She really loved the Piglet. If you’d like to help cheer her up, you can use her staff referral code to take out a print or digital annual subscription, you’ll get £5 off and she’ll earn £5 for every sub you buy: staff-amanda5-19
Or, tag us on Instagram with pictures to make her smile. She likes sausage dogs, vegan donuts, and fungi.
UPDATE – Sunday 13 October
Amanda is upset about the quality of this poster and apologises for the design, but it’s the best she could do on the tech available!
We did get a seemingly useful lead and some photos of our bikes being used to offer them for sale, however the Police have been unable to get enough cause to search premises unless invited in… which of course means they’re not there. We believe our bikes are most likely in the Bradford or Mixenden area, so please look out for anything on local community sales groups on Facebook etc.
Try Singletrack digital membership for only 99p for the first month.
Or only £2.99 with a copy of the latest Singletrack magazine, worth £10.