What are the best mountain bike grips? Wil’s tested a bunch over the years, and here he’s put together five of his favourite lock-on grips. Over to Wil!
Makers of handlebars, stems, and chainrings for all things moto and MTB, Renthal currently splits its off-road grip range into three specific categories; Push-On, Lock-On, and Traction Lock-On, all of which are manufactured in the UK.
Each design has its own fans, but it’s the Traction grips shown here that I’ve been using for the past six months.
Renthal Traction Lock-On UltraTacky Grip Specs
- Diameter: 29-30.6mm
- Total length: 133mm
- Grip area length: 114mm
- Dual locking clamps w/2.5mm hex screw
- Weight: 115g
- Colour options: Black
- RRP: £24.99 / $54.95
On The Trail
The rest of this review is for members only. If you have an account, please log in. If not, you can get access by registering here for free.
Members get access to exclusive content like this but they also get..
- Fewer ads
- Post comments to stories
- Join in forum discussions
- Sell unwanted kit for free in our Classifieds
- Automatic shop discount on Singletrack merchandise
- Access more members only content
Premier members get more
- Magazine content in print 6x/year post free
- App access to every new issue of Singletrack
- Ad free website
- Big discounts on shop merchandise
- Access downloads like GPX files, PDFs and even iBooks
- Full mag archive access to all Singletrack back issues
Premier membership starts at just 1.99
|Product:||Traction Lock-On UltraTacky|
|Price:||£24.99 / $54.95 AUD|
|Tested:||by Wil Barrett for 6 months|