• This topic has 15,382 replies, 380 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Caher.
Viewing 40 posts - 2,881 through 2,920 (of 15,383 total)
  • Zwift, my journey, my weight and my fitness.
  • jam-bo

Now, I’m no mathematician – what’s 11-10 ??

5th for me once all the sandbaggers got DQ’d….

http://www.zwiftpower.com/race.php?id=3216

weeksy

@scaredy

I wouldn’t go quite as far as 100%, no pain but I can feel every now and again if I stretch to do something unusual its almost like it wants to cramp, but doesn’t. I’m pretty happy but trying to ensure I don’t go nuts on it.
    Need to take tomorrow as a rest day but had a window to ride tonight and I like riding on fasting days.
    Bloody hungry now though.

Hoping to get the weight back in right direction downwards again

mashiehood
    Free Member

DQ…… oh well i dont like CAT B, makes me sick!

scaredypants

ah, sadly for mashie 11-10 makes UPG 😐

mashiehood
    Free Member

im looking forward to ditching the mtb spd’s for proper road pedals…. float was annoying the **** out of me this eve

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

First race tonight, which for some reason I chose the EVR C Mountain course. Started well and was in front group up the mountain first time around, then ANT+ dropped out for a few seconds and I went backwards. Ended up in a few scraps with some stragglers and finished 30th in C which gives plenty room for improvement. Maybe next time, I’ll do more than a 5 min warm up and have a rest day or two before hand. Rides or footy for 5 days in a row before hand probably wasn’t the wisest move. I will be back for more.. Properly enjoyed it.

jam-bo

i did see another STW tag. i was first off the pier for a while!!!

having a climb that early on really blew things apart.

markgraylish
    Free Member

dc2.0 – Member
    Looks like “Team STW” took bronze place in last nights KISS C/D race
    http://www.zwiftpower.com/race.php?id=3100

(Unfortunately you can’t direct link to the team results page so click on the “Team” tab to show the team results).

http://www.zwiftpower.com/team.php?id=756

Any idea what the ranking % means?
    Quite a few of use are on 0% which I’m assuming is a good thing, right? :mrgreen:

epicsteve
    Free Member

I had a go at a fast (for me!) lap of the Volcano last night. Managed a 6:04 (302W) but I suspect even lopping a few seconds off to get into the 5 minute range is going to be a struggle given my HR peaked at 181 at the end of the lap (a few years back I reckoned my max was 185, but that’s the first time I’ve seen anything over 180 for a while).

jamiep
    Free Member

For the first time, I worked out how to enter a race last night. Dropped at the start and so gruppettoed around – didn’t realise you need to be pushing +400w 5 seconds BEFORE the start rather than a standing start. Utterly, utterly bizarre that Zwift doesn’t require a standing start

weeksy

Nice.. I know Nath was talking about that sort of time being Cat4 status… but depends if you could maintain that for an hour i guess 🙂

I’m still not really cracking on in anger, today i’m going to have another longish bimble round the island.

weeksy

jamiep – Member

For the first time, I worked out how to enter a race last night. Dropped at the start and so gruppettoed around – didn’t realise you need to be pushing +400w 5 seconds BEFORE the start rather than a standing start. Utterly, utterly bizarre that Zwift doesn’t require a standing start

Yup, you certainly want to be almost at sprint speed by the time the counter ticks down. I was lucky that Crosshair had done the racing first so i knew a few of the tactics like that.

epicsteve
    Free Member

Nice.. I know Nath was talking about that sort of time being Cat4 status… but depends if you could maintain that for an hour i guess

I suspect I could possibly keep up in a Cat 4 race for one lap as long as they were taking it easy and it was a very flat course… And after that I’d need to go for a lie down!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

being Cat4 status

Everyone that applies for a race licence gets a Cat 4 one.

You can sit in a big pack in a Cat 3 race at <3w/kg.

fifeandy
    Free Member

You can sit in a big pack in a Cat 3 race at <3w/kg.

That would depend how heavy you are. I’d be surprised if I could sit in a bunch at ~26mph doing <175W

jam-bo

Waste of energy. Spinning 200w as the clock ticked down and up to 350w in the first 100m or so saw me off the front of the EVR C race last night.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

That would depend how heavy you are. I’d be surprised if I could sit in a bunch at ~26mph doing <175W

I wouldn’t. There’s so much benefit to drafting it’s unreal (well not unreal it’s a mathematical equation involving coefficients and clever stuff).

fifeandy
    Free Member

There’s so much benefit to drafting it’s unreal

Indeed there is – especially for skinny blokes when surrounded by the stereotypical 6ft/90kg Scotsman 😀
    Still find it hard work once the speed picks up on the flat though – much better when group gets to a hill so I can have a rest!

nathb
    Free Member

For a benchmark if your thinking of doing a crit race, first W are weighted averages, second are highest 20mins:
    Race 1 – 17th – 318w/334w (strava est)
    Race 2 – 28th – 329w/355w (strava est)
    Race 3 – 7th – 262w/266w (stages PM)
    Race 4 – 12th – 276w/286w (stages PM)
    Race 5 – 9th – 260w/266w (stages PM)

me 70kg + kit/bike/water/computer = 80kg roughly.
    My FTP under strava/tacx = 340w. Under stages power meter from a Zwift TT it’s 285w (TBC).

crosshair
    Free Member

Yeah but you sit in the wind all race 😀

It takes me 295w (88kg) to finish with the bunch 😉

nathb
    Free Member

Race 3&5 I didn’t. Race 4 I was punished by the bunch. 😆

Also don’t have an aero helmet 😈

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Are you taking your 20 min number as your FTP nathb?

nathb
    Free Member

The Southern Yeti
    Are you taking your 20 min number as your FTP nathb?

No, best 20 mins using stages = 301w *.95 = 286W

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Phew.

theotherjonv

Not wanting to piss on chips, but that’s on different equipment, isn’t it?

Whether the old number or the new number is more correct, you need now to normalise at that and see whether you improve from there.

Climbing Box Hill on your mum’s shopper and then on a 6.8kg climber’s bike – and claiming the difference indicates you got stronger doesn’t count 😉

jam-bo

Today 8.28

now there’s a challenge…

nathb
    Free Member

Congrats on moving to P1 Weeksy, but I thought you were supposed to be resting sir? 😆

weeksy

tomorrow as at Forest of Dean on Sat.

was just an attack, now at z1/2

weeksy

Not wanting to piss on chips, but that’s on different equipment, isn’t it?

Whether the old number or the new number is more correct, you need now to normalise at that and see whether you improve from there.

Climbing Box Hill on your mum’s shopper and then on a 6.8kg climber’s bike – and claiming the difference indicates you got stronger doesn’t count

of course its relative, however i now class that as my real time, not my turbo restricted time

crosshair
    Free Member

Crumbs!! It’s getting too close for comfort 😀

When you start troubling real life segments I’ll really start panicking 😉

Serious answer- well done! That’s epic 🙂

weeksy

I’m actually gutted…. if i’d known i was only 7s off your time i’d have pushed the last few 100’s to take it 😀

crosshair
    Free Member

I think mine was a Z2 day if I remember rightly 😀

epicsteve
    Free Member

Oh, its London today ! Box hill….

Previous, 10.02

Today 8.28

Wow – no chance I’ll be challenging that anytime soon. Sure it was a turbo and not an e-Bike you bought… 🙂

Suspect I could maybe get to somewhere like 9:30 without ANT+ dropouts and pushing my HR to near explosion levels, but doubt I could do any better than that.

Tiger6791

Oh, its London today ! Box hill….
    Previous, 10.02

Today 8.28

How does that compare to real life Box Hill times then? (just curious)

And how do I have a go in Zwift?

crosshair
    Free Member

8.21 v 10.04 for me but not sure how close the segments are?

10.04 was on Ride London so I had a few miles in the legs…

harrytoo
    Free Member

nathb:

[me 70kg + kit/bike/water/computer = 80kg roughly.]

Are you talking about real life weight or Zwift weight? I thought rider weight was just the rider not including the ancillaries….

weeksy

How does that compare to real life Box Hill times then? (just curious)

No idea, i don’t ride outside.

weeksy

Sure it was a turbo and not an e-Bike you bought…

Sorry Steve, as we found with the Garmin/Stages, my turbo at the time was under-reading by 50-70w for say 250w effort. So my times on segments now that i’d previously ridden on that turbo are coming down in chunks rather than the usual small increments through training and fitness increases. Obviously, now i’ve set my times on this turbo, dropping these times will be a lot harder.

jam-bo

I thought rider weight was just the rider not including the ancillaries….

i think your right. which is why my avatar hasnt got any socks or a helmet on. all those grams add up…

Viewing 40 posts - 2,881 through 2,920 (of 15,383 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.