• This topic has 15,382 replies, 380 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Caher.
Viewing 40 posts - 2,921 through 2,960 (of 15,383 total)
  • Zwift, my journey, my weight and my fitness.
  • weeksy

i think your right. which is why my avatar hasnt got any socks or a helmet on. all those grams add up…

You ride naked too then ! I assumed it was just me.

jam-bo

Nice tats…

Tiger6791

Right having a go at London loop

weeksy

Enjoy Tiger… Have fun out (in) there.

weeksy

I changed my kit last night, but have no idea how, i seem to have been the only one with a time, despite people in front and behind me being higher outputs lol

At one stage it was showing the little green jersey next to me and the polka dot… but only when i passed that sprint did i get the Green.

GolfChick
    Free Member

Boxhill again tonight for me, no chance to beat my last time though, not with a rotten cold 🙁 If i Try I’m likely to pass out on the bike!

Tiger6791

Wow that was actually quite good fun!

Sort of liking Zwift 🙂

It’s not far off

Box Hill – London Zwift – 8:22 – Av 22.1km/h AvCad 78 AvHR 176bpm AvPower 337W

Real life – Boy Hill – Zig Zags – 7:54 Av 19.0km/h AvCad 86 AvHR 188bpm StravaPower 296W

mossimus
    Free Member

Box hill for me. 9:10 IRL V 9:12 on Zwift, I was nearly 2 stone lighter for the RL effort though..

epicsteve
    Free Member

No Zwifting for me for a few days as my daughter is visiting so the spare room has had to go back to being a bedroom. I’ve also got a 10K running race at the weekend so want to take things easy for a few days before that.

nathb
    Free Member

I’m supposed to be zwifting this evening (on my plan), but it’s my birthday so I’m eating a bag of chips with a pint or two instead. 😆 Will be doing bike fit stuff tomorrow – thanks to the person who posted the app earlier!

On a side note, the new forum is funky:

crosshair
    Free Member

Happy birthday mate!!

I scheduled my Birthday on Monday this week so it was on a rest day 😀

#dedication
    #organised

😉

scaredypants

scaredypants – Member
    Weirdness on the 8.00 TT tonight – never finished. Supposed to be 10miles (16km), I gave up at 17.3km with no banner in sight
    Results are on the live button but they pretty much arrange themselves in order of distance ridden.

weeksy – Member
    Had that. Unless you ride to banner about 24km it doesn’t register

Even weirder – now I’m on the list, as an A not a B and with a mighty good-looking (and implausible!) 19 minute 10 mile TT 😆

Screesnshot taken, just in case, like

mrblobby
    Free Member

Happy birthday nathb 🙂

A pretzel pootle for me tonight.

Edit… oh arse, it’s London 🙁

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

mrblobby

if you have an Ipad change your date to last tuesday 31st, then log in…….once in before you start a course, change your date back to current.

cheers_drive

Well done weeksy on the new Box Hill time, that’s a bigger improvement than I had last weekend. Much left in the tank afterwards? I’m stuck in Gdansk today so no Zwifting for me, perhaps for a race some of us with close stats should try riding as a team, through and off etc. Not that I’ve ever felt any real drafting benefit myself

weeksy

.Well done weeksy on the new Box Hill time, that’s a bigger improvement than I had last weekend. Much left in the tank afterwards?

Mine wasn’t improvement as such. I’m not convinced I’m any quicker than say 4 weeks back, just now the right power is being reported by hardware/software. I tried hard though, average 353w and 175bpm is proper hard. I think if pushed I may have 5-10s tops left in me. I think more gains would come from weight loss at the moment.

Pizza and beers for tea won’t have helped me.

cheers_drive

I can’t get my BP that high since being on BP meds and I’m on docs orders to take it easy too because of my Atrial Fibrillation, since starting Zwift though I’ve pushed myself harder and haven’t had an episode.
    I might hire a stages for a month just to see what my real output is, was never interested I it before.

nathb
    Free Member

harry too
    nathb:
    [me 70kg + kit/bike/water/computer = 80kg roughly.]
    Are you talking about real life weight or Zwift weight? I thought rider weight was just the rider not including the ancillaries….

Real weight, that’s to help people translate Zwift into real world crit racing.

crosshair
    Happy birthday mate!!

I scheduled my Birthday on Monday this week so it was on a rest day

#dedication
    #organised

Thanks CH, top organisation skills there! I’ve just eaten my weight in chips and cake today 😆

mrblobby
    Happy birthday nathb

Thanks mrblobby 🙂

@cheers_drive – I’m renting mine from these guys: https://panaguabikes.com/pages/stages-power-meters-as-used-by-team-sky-hire-or-try-before-you-buy#.WJOUpMvfWhA
    If you decide to buy they knock off your first months hire too.

crosshair
    Free Member

Hmmm! Sounds like some crafty carb-loading tactic to me!!
    Or extra weight for those sprinting legs 😀

I’m back on MyFitnessPal today after a relatively kind few days off! Should be back within 1lb or so of last weeks race weight.
    Aiming for 85kg for the Spring races.

Oops- veered off-topic 🙂

GolfChick
    Free Member

As I expected, that hurt a lot, think I ripped my lungs open and only managed 8:52 boooooo! Day off work tomorrow and was gonna ride IRL but that may have pushed me over the edge.

blitz

Tough ride in the KISS race there. Moved up to C and started quickly but lost the lead group and then couldn’t seem to catch onto another group. Probably rode 80% of it alone or briefly with random stragglers and then my legs just gave up. Still a good workout as always.

wilburt
    Free Member

The RL Box Hill segment looks shorter than the Zwift one. That said myRL time is slower but I’ve only ever ridden it at the end of PRL so to be expected.

jam-bo

Tough ride in the KISS race there. Moved up to C and started quickly but lost the lead group and then couldn’t seem to catch onto another group. Probably rode 80% of it alone or briefly with random stragglers and then my legs just gave up. Still a good workout as always.

I find the KISS races particularly bad for sandbaggers which makes pace at the front totally unrealistic. Try the EVR series. It’s been much closer racing in the two I’ve done so far.

jam-bo

In fact looking at the results, the top 25 or so got DQ’d.

scaredypants

you sure it’s sandbaggers – maybe just people trying it out for a first/2nd time ? (I did a TT before I did a FTP, for example)

Don’t you get forcibly upgraded/DQ’d if you keep overshooting ?

jam-bo

Results won’t count on zwiftpower but doesn’t stop you from entering. Top 5 > 4w/kg, most of the top 20 over 3.5w/kg.

Like I said, I’ve stopped doing the KISS races as it’ doesn’t make for a good race.

theotherjonv

I’ve only done 2 races (actually only one, started a second and then couldn’t be arsed so deleted it) and both times the pace at the front of a Cat D has been unbelievable. Then at the end the top however many who were doing that pace end up at 3.5W/kg and get DQ’ed anyway. So you don’t know who’s really racing and therefore how to race against them, because you don’t know till the end whether they were genuinely in the race or not.

Not that i can see any means of preventing it. And I know weight doping is probably a thing too, but at least with that whether it’s a 100kg man doing 250W average or a 100kg man doing 150W average but pretending he’s only 60kg so he goes faster – at least it’s still the right W/kg so you’re racing against the right band.

blitz

Yeah, might try EVR then. I’ve enjoyed the kiss races I’ve done before but this was pretty brutal. Didn’t help that I’d munched a chilli for dinner 30 mins before. Nearly saw it again 😯

wilburt
    Free Member

I really enjoy the races but rake absolute position and cat with a pinch of salt.

Get in the race, get in a group help each other fo as fadt as possible, sprint for rhe line.

Simples.

crosshair
    Free Member

Lol! I’m now division 2 in ‘RR with climbs’

I know it depends on what draft I could have found but my finishing time in Tuesdays KISS race would have put me almost top 20 in A’s!!!!

I’m so tempted next week……….

LittleNose
    Free Member

@blitz I found the same when I was in the KISS (C) race on Tuesday, and couldn’t figure out who was in the race, or how (badly) I was doing… Still as you say, it was a good workout, and fun to try.

Looking forward to getting another race in soon, but the 8pm starts are really the best for me, but might try EVR to see what that’s like.

crosshair
    Free Member

Guys, don’t underestimate the draft! If there are sandbaggers in your cat- USE THEM!! Leave nothing in reserve hanging to their wheel at the start or up the climbs. Then wheelsuck and recover.
    If you can get it right- you can hang with riders putting out 1w/kg more than you!!

jam-bo

yeah. but in the EVR races I’ve found I can hang onto the front group for long enough for the race to settle down whereas in the KISS races the pace of the front is just insane.

nathb
    Free Member

Wrong thread.

cheers_drive

Kind of agree that KISS can be like the wild west but the 8pm weekday time is convenient for me.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Argh on bloody Zwift again despite best intentions. Set off this morning but less than 15 mins into road ride got a slashed sidewall. Careful ride home then a few laps of London 🙁

crosshair
    Free Member

When are you going to pin a virtual number on MrBlobby??

jam-bo

KISS seem to be 8pm tues/thurs

EVR are 8pm mon/wed/fri

mrblobby
    Free Member

When are you going to pin a virtual number on MrBlobby??

Hi CH. Doesn’t really fit in with what I’m trying to do over the next few weeks but when non-virtual racing season starts some Zwift racing will probably work quite well. I think if I was going to put in those sorts of efforts now I’d come do some real racing with you and nathb 🙂

gray

How are you liking your Neo now? I know I ask you that every few weeks. Still find Erg mode rough?

Viewing 40 posts - 2,921 through 2,960 (of 15,383 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.