• This topic has 15,382 replies, 380 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Caher.
Viewing 40 posts - 7,601 through 7,640 (of 15,383 total)
  • Zwift, my journey, my weight and my fitness.
  • phil56

orzafkawi – Member

Can anyone enlighten me on what is going on in ZwiftPower? I entered a WBR 4-lap race a couple of days ago and the initial result right after the race showed me finishing in bronze position in Group C (where I entered). Now I have been removed from the filtered result altogether but am placed in silver position in the unfiltered result.

I had this problem and checked with ZP. First point they made is the filtering is driven by the race organisers, rather than any of their rules.

With WBR, they filter ZP riders out of A and B completely and also from the podium of C.

So 4th place in C is the highest finish that will keep you in the results now in WBR.

Phil

forzafkawi
    Free Member

I had this problem and checked with ZP. First point they made is the filtering is driven by the race organisers, rather than any of their rules.

With WBR, they filter ZP riders out of A and B completely and also from the podium of C.

So 4th place in C is the highest finish that will keep you in the results now in WBR.

Phil

That doesn’t seem quite right either Phil. I just checked the results for two mates who didn’t finish anywhere near the podium in C and both were filtered. I would say all zPower users are being filtered but bizarrely occasionally a few aren’t. There just seems no rhyme or reason to it.

I just go with the unfiltered result now anyway. You enter group C and no matter how hard you ride you can only win group C. Seems fair to me. No arbitrary promotions or DQs. The Live result also shows first over the line irrespective of group etc. (including some strange times admittedly).

weeksy

https://www.zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=35329

I may just copy and paste yesterdays race in here 🙂

I did try and hang in longer today and just about managed it… I had 4 guys around me at the hilly bit after the bridge, i held onto one of them but the 2 others gapped us. We were all in the same bunch though just before the bridge, which is great IMO, it means at London i should be able to hang in the Bs. But at watopia the slight incline beofre that is where the strong Bs pull out.

Into the rollers i held with my new riding buddy but we were 4s behind the 2 guys ahead and didn’t look like closing. Riding buddy was holding 3.4w/kg so i just sat in his wheel on the rest of the roller and into the descent to the line… .saw the 300m marker and sat, then 225 i kicked, he tried but we were evenly matched apart from the fact i had the jump on him, so i held him off by 6m.

299w weighted power, i can’t argue… it’s right up with my best ever powers… But that kick up is just destroying me. Looking at the results the winner of B and the rest of the top 10 were in the bunch i was happy in… Well, i say happy, i was 170bpm and dying… but dying OK 🙂

Ah well… Keep trying… rest day tomorrow.

blader1611
    Free Member

Nice riding Weeksy, that just confirms you are deffo a B rider, you were 1 min quicker than the fastest C riders (C winner is clearly not a C). Those stats are impressive and i reckon that would be faster than me so i shall do my best to avoid you in the 1 lappers 😀

I did a 4 lap reverse hilly route today and it was jolly hard work. I lost the A group about 4 miles in as i wasnt concentrating so i was in a group of B riders who were vying for silver and bronze as 1 rider was still with the A group. Pretty tough going and 1 rider kept dropping off the screen and reappearing in front of us which was incredibly annoying (happened about 20 times). Anyway i was soundly beaten in the sprint and ended up 5th

forzafkawi
    Free Member

I saw your result on ZwiftPower earlier weeksy. Some great power you are pushing out there.

shortyj15

Can someone offer me some advice please.

Did the short loop this evening 30km with 250m climbing and had no issues with slipping on the rear tyre.

I then decided to do Jons short 30 minute interval session which is based on my ftp. Come the 10 second intervals it wants me to push 945 watts and when on the easiest gear on the bike the wheel just slips.

Is there a setting I need to sort on the trainer or do I just keep tightening the trainer to the tyre?

Wahoo snap kickr is the trainer I’m using.

Thanks chaps

weeksy

Snap is ‘ touch wheel, 2 full turns’ I use a bit of tape on handle so I know where 2 is. Then ride for 5 mins to warm it and check with Wahoo app using Spindown test, 10-15 seconds it should be. If outside of that, adjust.

945 watts? I’ve never seen over 800w!

shortyj15

With an FTP of 310 it gives me 945 watt 10 sec intervals.. I may try tightening it up tomorrow and trying again.

geologist
    Free Member

Hi, I appear to have a corrupt fit file that won’t upload to Strava. Is this normal and is there a fix anyone knows of ?
    Cheers

rmgvtec
    Free Member

Thanks for the info MrBlobby, its the first time I’ve thought about riding my bike other than just smashing myself to bits and struggling to get home again.

I had a mate come over with a pioneer power meter tonight to check out the accuracy of the T2240. Results were surprisingly close, within 5% all the way through the range from 170w up to 350w. Makes me feel a lot happier about my numbers as i was sure it was over-reading.

scaredypants

geologist, I’ve used https://www.fitfiletools.com a few times when I’ve wanted to remove dodgy heart rate traces etc from rides. Not sure it can help you, but maybe

geologist
    Free Member

Thanks Scardypants, that has worked. 🙂

scaled
    Free Member

I think I have a zwift hangover, it certainly feels like a hangover and it’s getting better the more water I drink.

Last nights 1:45 is the longest I’ve done on the turbo, even though most of it was at a nice bimbling pace I must have lost a lot of fluid. Down to 81KG this morning (from 84 last night, before dinner). I only really stopped cos I’d run out of water, better prep needed!

weeksy

Gentle one today, just wanted to not go crazy and was doing some weights in between and at start/finish. Also with it being a 2 (fasting day) day i couldn’t go nuts.
    Sorry to Blader if i was being a pain in the ar5e 🙂

Kryton57

945 watt 10 sec intervals

I managed 1150 on those but ran out of gears. I managed 1252 on a watt bike in October but ran out of legs 😀

Was it me or was NyD no helmet day for some reason?

blader1611
    Free Member

Weeksy – good to ride with you. I wasnt sure what output you were aiming for so i just tried to stay slightly ahead of you. I was only out warming up for the mgcc workout so i wasnt bothered by whatever pace i was doing, just wanted to gain some height for the everest challenge as i am closing in on finishing it.

scaredypants

<tuts at the illegal pacing> 😀

blader – “everest” or the flashy bike ?

blader1611
    Free Member

Flashy bike thing scaredypants, i am about 87% complete so i am going to try and complete it by end of January. My warm up for races now consist of a pootle up the mountain.

Edit: just checked and i am 90% complete which leaves me about 15000ft left to do which i reckon should be easy enough.

BadlyWiredDog

Was it me or was NyD no helmet day for some reason?

Why do people even bother wearing helmets on Zwift? It’s not like you’re going to fall off and smack your avatar’s noggin on the kerb.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Helmets are more aero 🙂

Kryton57

Why do people even bother wearing helmets on Zwift?

I have genuinely fallen off my bike/turbo setup. Would have hurt less if I’d have been wearing a hemet 😆

scaredypants

Edit: just checked and i am 90% complete which leaves me about 15000ft left to do which i reckon should be easy enough.

it’s a long old grind, fo’ sho’
    I got mine finished last month, now I’m barely riding (just back up o 200w max). Did mine by doing all the FTP workouts up the mountain

zilog6128

^^^ yeah that’s what I’m doing now as in erg mode you don’t feel the hills 🙂

Only about 24% of the way there though… regret doing a couple of the distance challenges first now as they don’t unlock anything worth having!

BadlyWiredDog

Helmets are more aero

Combination of weight saving and short hair says maybe not faster though… I change my hairstyle on Zwift depending on the route. It’s the best bit of the whole shebang. Mostly I alternate between the shortest and the longest and choose a jersey to suit… 🙂

BadlyWiredDog

Only about 24% of the way there though… regret doing a couple of the distance challenges first now as they don’t unlock anything worth having!

Intriguingly – after I lost 1300m of virtual climbing when the app crashed on save last week – support at Zwift told me that you can run several different challenges simply by logging out of one and going back to another. So you could switch to the Everest Challenge for mountain rides and something distance based for flatter stuff.

They were insistent that the app would save the metres already climbed / distance ridden. That’s what they say, but no way am I running the risk of losing all my Everest climbing to date by logging into another challenge. Anyone done that and able to verify it works as promised?

piemonster

Anyone done that and able to verify it works as promised?

LOL at the idea of being at 49000m then logging into Italy for a flat ride the having to restart the Everest challenge.

Even though it’s just a game I’d be using a lot of c words

zilog6128

So you could switch to the Everest Challenge for mountain rides and something distance based for flatter stuff.

I am 99% sure I did exactly that when I first started Zwifting. Tbh though the tron bike is the only thing really worth unlocking in the whole game, as it looks cool but is also v fast. I wonder what they’ll do in a few years time? Either remove it or add something else, otherwise everyone will be riding one and it’ll look a bit silly!

piemonster

Last nights 1:45 is the longest I’ve done on the turbo

:-/ I’m at a real risk of heading to a 5hr Zwift ride this weekend. Even worse is it’s likely to start at 6am to get the time in.

I think 3hr 15/m30m is my longest so far. Ironically my high intensity workouts have shifted outdoors as I’ve returned to regular running. Which isn’t really how I’d viewed turbo training historically.

BadlyWiredDog

LOL at the idea of being at 49000m then logging into Italy for a flat ride the having to restart the Everest challenge.

Even though it’s just a game I’d be using a lot of c words

It would be mildly irritating for sure… what is quite annoying is that they have no back-end tool to modify users’ challenge scores, so my missing 1300m is gone forever despite Zwift registering the ride and being able to upload the FIT file to Strava manually. 😐

piemonster

Either remove it or add something else, otherwise everyone will be riding one and it’ll look a bit silly!

Just add a time limit to complete

forzafkawi
    Free Member

After a hard, hilly ride on the road last night I decided to do recovery ride on Zwift today. I created a custom workout which consisted of a 1 hour free ride block. The nice thing about this is you have no power targets to hit and you can just ride how you feel. Another advantage is that you don’t constantly get the annoying “CLOSE THE GAP” message every time a rider goes past.

I did the Mountain circuit and managed to rack up 1431 feet of climbing towards my Everest Challenge that is 30% completed. Only 20,000 or so feet to go!

zilog6128

Mountain route is about 2200 feet isn’t it? I know because I’ve been doing the same thing lol. Every lap is about 1.3% of the way towards the tron bike. Hope to be able to get there this year but that depends whether I keep Zwifting over the summer or not (didn’t last year).

Had a hard, largely unexciting but satisfying 4 lap race last night. Brought up the rear in B (although not last!) but actually beat loads of people (a few Bs but mainly sandbagging Cs) with higher watts and/or w/kg so it was still worth 3 CVR points (not that I care about such things 🙂 )

Managed to sustain 3 w/kg for over an hour which I’d not done before, think I’m getting fitter slowly but also managed to reign myself in at the start and not go off too hard for once, which made a big difference as I didn’t have to slow down to recover!

forzafkawi
    Free Member

Yes, the mountain route is 2200 feet but I only wanted to do a one hour recovery ride so stopped at the first pass rather than go on to the radio tower.

zilog6128

To be fair the radio tower bit is brutally steep, if I’m doing a recovery ride rather than trying to simulate a climb I normally whack the trainer difficulty slider down (or off!)

crosshair
    Free Member

Forza, if you use the Zwift TT bike, you’ll get no draft effect and no ‘close the gap’ messages. May be easier than using workout mode?

blader1611
    Free Member

Forza – i hate to break it to you but if you have completed 30% then you have a lot lot more than 20,000ft to go.

I missed a race today as it crashed so i decided to just pootle up the three sisters course. I ended up pacing a german guy up there at about 280-300w which felt pretty comfortable to me. We exchanged a few words and he said he was going all out to keep pace but enjoying the challenge. Every little flat section he would jump ahead a few secs but i would catch up and lead him up the hills and then on the approach to the last climb to the epic KOM banner he shot off up the hill and a 11sec lead and then goaded me to hurry up and keep up. Sadly i wasnt going to take that so jumped up the gears and ramped it up to 450-500w and went for the line,destroyed him. I dont think he expected that but was kind of gracious in defeat, i just went over the top and road down the hill with quite a smug face, so juvenile!

weeksy

Hahahaha you big kid ! 😀

jam-bo

Everest challenge is ~8800m but that only gets you the trek. Tron bike is 50,000m.

forzafkawi
    Free Member

Thanks for the tip crosshair, I’ll try that.

blader – I’ve done something like 8,800 ft out of a 29,000 ft climb which works out at 30% complete and roughly 20,000 ft to go. That’s according to Zwift anyway.

I’m not after the Tron bike (yet!) I’ve got my sights on the Trek Emonda first.

blader1611
    Free Member

Forza i see now, ok carry on as you were. 😀

Weeksy – i was meant to be just spinning lightly but he lit the blue touch paper and my zwift race head went on. It was so satisfying and utterly childish at the same time but i did rather enjoy it.
    Leg muscles are very sore though now after the mountain climb and a workout yesterday that had us doing 30s intervals of 230w and 300w x40! Total rest this weekend or as much as i can with 3 young kids.

Viewing 40 posts - 7,601 through 7,640 (of 15,383 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.