Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • ZTR Flow vs Arch EX?
  • mysterymove
    Free Member

Looking at new wheels and decided i want to give tubeless another go.

I’m light (60kg’s) but a pretty aggressive rider, do i go flows or the new Arch EX rims?

Would i get 2.4 DH tyres on the Arch EX’s?

What are they like for swapping tyres as the MTX 28’s i’m running now are a right PITA

Cheers

geetee1972
    Free Member

I know people at your weight who use the Flow rim to race DH, so if you’re hitting stuff at that kind of speed, then the Flow is a good choice. If you’re going at say 70% (arbitrary figure really) then you could probably get away with the Arch. Having said that, there’s very little between them and the Arch may be a little narrow for a 2.4. Depends on how big the 2.4 is. You’ll get it on but it may be a bit balloon like!

chakaping
    Free Member

If you’re riding things that warrant DH tyres then surely Flows are the obvious choice?

Same width as your MTX pretty much but lighter.

d45yth
    Free Member

I think the other posters don’t know about the EX’s. I’ve the normal Arches and wish the EX’s had been available when I bought them.
    If it’s a trail bike they’re going on get the EX’s…a bigger bike then the Flows. The normal Arches are holding up fine on my Mojo HD140, I’m slightly heavier than you and don’t treat my wheels kindly.

mafiafish
    Free Member

I cant see any reason why the new arch EX won’t be any weaker than flows just thinner. Pretty much the same profile etc. At 60kg I reckon you’ll be fine.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘ZTR Flow vs Arch EX?’ is closed to new replies.