Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Zesty 314 Front Mech
  • 10pmix
    Free Member

Hi, can anyone please tell me which front mech I need for a Zesty 314? Google only throws up info on the Spicy (Sram X.0 2x10S Direct Mount Bottom Pull). What is the Shimano SLX/XT equivalent I need for the Zesty?

Thanks.

IamSam
    Free Member

its one of these but with the mount taken off and attached directly to the frame.

10pmix
    Free Member

So I remove the bb mount and attach it to the frame? How then does it attach to the mech itself?

Thanks.

IamSam
    Free Member

Sorry I was probably not clear. You remove the mount, there are two small bolts, then attach the mech directly to the frame instead of to the mount.

you can see the bolts in the picture above.

10pmix
    Free Member

Thanks for clarifying. One last question then, how does the mech attach to the frame without the mount? Isn't the mount the way it attaches to the frame? With this removed what does the mech attach with/to?

Thanks!

FuzzyWuzzy

If you want a double-specific version then the only place I found one was here: http://www.starbike.com/php/product_info.php?lang=en&pid=13368 (delivery is €15 as well though). One place in the UK did list it but when it turned up it was just the standard triple version. triple works fine ofc on a double + bash setup but I wanted the slightly shorter cage etc. of the double version

FuzzyWuzzy

The two bolts in the picture below the silver cage bolt directly into two holes on the Zesty frame.

khani
    Free Member

It mounts on the swingArm via the 2 small bolt holes when the etype plate is removed

10pmix
    Free Member

Perfect Thanks.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Zesty 314 Front Mech’ is closed to new replies.