Viewing 27 posts - 81 through 107 (of 107 total)
  • Your worst christmas/birthday present?
  • My daughter (when she was about 5 or 6 thereabouts) got a packet of cress seeds off my aunty.

labsey
    Free Member

Not on the same level as those above but once got one of those keyrings that beeps when you whistle. Good thing I never put keys on it cos I lost it soon after.

Bregante

My first girlfriend bought me a pair of Kenny Dalglish shinpads.

As a Manchester United Supporting Rugby League playing teenager, that pretty much put the nail in that relationship.

Bregante

My Mrs has just reminded me that when she was heavily pregnant one year she got a bottle of Schnaps and some shot glasses from my parents.

crazy-legs

Not on the same level as those above but once got one of those keyrings that beeps when you whistle. Good thing I never put keys on it cos I lost it soon after.

I got a variation on that – a keyring finder that relied on an electronic activation rather than a simple whistle. You put the noise emitter bit on your keys, fair enough. The activation button thing, you’re supposed to carry round with you in case you lose the keys.

I lost the activation button.

monkeyboyjc

my parents are terrible for gifts – last year i got:

a tea towel (from their holiday to the lake district),
    a ceramic wooden spoon rest

and a wooden duck……..

also the wifes grandparents got me £2 tub of hair gel one year – i have a grade 3 all over….

HB47

A wok strainer – it was wrapped in a Ghetto Blaster box – I was very sad

shotsaway
    Free Member

My mates next door neighbour, gave my mate a photo of himself for Christmas a couple of years ago!

senorj

My Auntie Kitty bought me black lambswool socks throughout my childhood,
    at the time i was typically ungrateful – they are all I wear now.Ha
    Nice one Kitty.

racefaceec90

i cannot say that the present was awful,but i used to be given a box of liquorice allsorts every xmas (i hate liquorice 🙁

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

This thread = awesome. 😀

I don’t have anything to add, but I have a mate who gets weird presents from his folks so I’ve texted him to tell me a few of them.

breadcrumb

When I was 15 my uncle got me a Glow Worms colouring book and 5 felt tips. Nice.

Flattyres
    Free Member

It was my wife’s first british Christmas at my parents house (she’s Dutch and they don’t do it the same as us). We had just moved in together, in a lovely country cottage. On a visit by my parents it was noticed we didn’t have a teapot. That year my nana bought my wife a teapot……shaped like a cabbage. Talk about confused. Apparently my nana thought it was perfect as cabbages grow in the country, as was or cottage. Then off my other nana she got a 13 year olds make up set, she was 27.

zippykona

The first birthday after my dad married that woman I got a school uniform.
    I left soon after and still don’t talk to that evil cow.

weeksy

zippykona – Member
    The first birthday after my dad married that woman I got a school uniform.
    I left soon after and still don’t talk to that evil cow.

Let it go man.. it will eat away at you LOL

IHN

I bet Queen Liz was pretty chuffed with her placemats from CallMeDave

piemonster

Best, hmm that will either be the spontaneous purchase of a Genesis Day One Alfine by my girlfriend this year (yes, I do love her) or Kahtoola Microspikes a couple of years back.

Worst, pretty much anything from my brothers in adulthood, ******* clueless both of ’em

The orange Magnum PI t shirt went to the charity shop just yesterday

pictonroad

Every year the mother in law buys me shaving gel.

I’ve had a beard since I’ve known her.

The Mrs uses it, we’ll be disappointed if this year is any different

maccruiskeen

Every year the mother in law buys me shaving gel.

I’ve had a beard since I’ve known her.

You just can’t take a hint can you 🙂

callous
    Free Member

oh, there have been some corkers.
    a zip up tie – wtf ! from my uncle and aunt. I don’t wear ties ever and why would I wear a zip up tie.
    My wife bought me an american style pyjama set – shorts, t-shirt and slippers. We’ve only been together 15 years and I’ve never worn jim-jams.

Martin.B
    Free Member

Partents got me two presents last year
    A model die cast spitfire that as I unwrapped it the propellar broke off (Im not into planes in any way FFS)
    AND….
    The matching Spitfire Pen

yunki
    Free Member

My best mate gave me 4 ampoules of Morphine and a pair of pink fluffy slippers in the shape of love hearts for xmas once..

My cousin banned me from xmas lunch that year for being such a deranged and overly intoxicated bellend.. I think the dog got my dinner

BlobOnAStick

We’ve only been together 15 years and I’ve never worn jim-jams

I believe there’s a not-inconsiderable hint there regarding her opinion on your choice of nightwear.

votchy
    Free Member

During the early to mid 80’s I was really in to heavy metal, my bedroom was on the adjoining wall to our neighbours, I had my first ‘proper’ hifi system for my birthday earlier in the year and for xmas, my neighbours bought me…………….John Lennon – Imagine 😯

DaRC_L

My mates next door neighbour, gave my mate a photo of himself for Christmas a couple of years ago!

Ahh that reminds me of the year my parents gave all their kids (shared with their partners) the delighful framed photo of them from Olan Mills.

stevenieve
    Free Member

Got this 2 years ago for Christmas from the MiL.

Stoner
    Free Member

a gusset-scruffler?

Viewing 27 posts - 81 through 107 (of 107 total)

The topic ‘Your worst christmas/birthday present?’ is closed to new replies.