Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 107 total)
  • Your worst christmas/birthday present?
  • Stoner
    Free Member

Prompted by the arrival in the post box this morning of a package addressed to Mrs Stoner from “The Sock Company” and the looming feeling of the need for a new patio on boxing day….

…what’s the crappest present you’ve ever received?

My mum once got me an A-Level Physical Geography Course book, because “You like that kind of outdoors thing”. I was 24.

Harry_the_Spider

This.

Beat that.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Pants.

Get some every year. Use them as bike cloths.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    RustySpanner

A lampshade.

Thanks love.

algarvebairn
    Free Member

I got a stapler and paper punch set once.

Stoner
    Free Member

[in-joke alert]

I got a stapler and paper punch set once.

Mrs CFH has a new log in?

[/in-joke alert]

warton
    Free Member

my mum bought me an empty Ostrich egg last year.

ericemel
    Free Member

Raliegh Marauder when I had spent a 1.5 years saving up for an Offroad Sport and the cost of the Marauder would have been the balance….

I was so sad. I had to wait another 2 years before I got a real MTB

maccruiskeen

Can’t think of a present I’ve been unhappy to receive. Worst present I’ve given was a packet of modeling balloons to an asthmatic, never realised how vein-poppingly difficult they were to blow up.

IHN

An electric toothbrush ‘because you clean your teeth too much’.

Some travel dominoes ‘because you like metal things’

A battered old metal Coca Cola patio chair ‘because we saw and thought that’s really you’

A toiletries set – for women ‘because it’s excellent quality’

TheI love my parents dearly, but sweet lord they choose terrible presents.

Markie
    Free Member

[img]http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00409/Dolmio_409162a.jpg[/img]

Harry_the_Spider

Can’t think of a present I’ve been unhappy to receive.

You’ve never been given a trouser press then.

yamyamblade
    Free Member

An electronic toothbrush off th ex, as a kid the old man did the old orange nuts and some coins and made me wait a couple of hours before presenting a new MX bike the git ….

patriotpro
    Free Member

A box of York-Fruits.

They went down but they were just one of them “WTF” type pressies.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Bottles of wine, I’m bi-polar & don’t drink. Re-gift the lot.

patriotpro
    Free Member

yamyamblade – Member
    An electronic toothbrush off th ex, as a kid the old man did the old orange nuts and some coins and made me wait a couple of hours before presenting a new MX bike the git ….

Now that I like 😈

I once wrapped my 3 year old some nappies and some wipes – then asked her to get me something from the dining room where the battery operated trike was waiting for her… 🙂

BlobOnAStick

A copy of the book ‘Hairy Hunks’

Why? ‘Because I wanted you to feel better about being hairy and hunky’

Do I have a problem with being hairy then? ‘oh. um. I suppose not’

No.

portlyone

My Man Utd supporting colleague just got a Man City mug and kit bag in our secret Santa. Ho Ho Ho

stumpy01

I once got a gold knitted tie. Oh, and a rusty penknife.

maccruiskeen

You’ve never been given a trouser press then.

You’ve clearly never used yours for making cheese toasties 🙂

trail_rat
    Free Member

bottle of next aftershave.

it smelt like diesel !. Made the fire roar though.

andytherocketeer

old spice

Nobby

I got £13 of M&S CREDIT vouchers for my birthday once. 😐

theotherjonv

Harry the Spider +1

Except to make mine even shitter, i was at University at the time. And to make it appear that I wasn’t an ungrateful shit to my parents, I then had to take it up to uni with me rather than leave it at home.

On the rare chance that a female ever accompanied me back to my room ‘for coffee’ the trouser press usually unsealed that deal pretty quickly.

bikebouy
    Free Member

A bar of Soap with the words “You Stink” on it.

I was mentally wounded for 11 years after that.

I now wash with Bleach.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

An alarmingly large thing to hang off a key ring with two buttons on it and a two foot long list of instructions of how to program it. It was for letting you know when your parking ticket would expire!

I was pretty speechless at that, what with owning a watch, being able to tell the time and have a rudimentary grasp of memory.

That really was a solution looking for a problem!

McHamish
    Free Member

An Aunt on my wife’s side buys brandy filled chocolates from the pound shop to give to people…I get them every year.

They’re like little chocolate barrels filled with petrol.

IanMunro
    Free Member

A bath brush in the shape of a Giraffe when I was about 8.
    Things like that scar you for ever.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

They’re like little chocolate barrels filled with petrol.

Do you have a video camera and a match? Sounds like a youtube winner!

StirlingCrispin

Driving gloves.

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

My Auntie Betty bought me a car cleaning kit in a leather pouch when I was about 12. Thanks.

Best present as a kid..

Came down the stairs into the living room and there on the mat, on it’s stand, was a Grifter. That mental image will always be with me. Utter childhood joy.

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

Easy….riverdance tickets in Nottingham from my sister when I was 25 and living in Colchester and into hardcore/punk/Indie. a 4 hour round trip to watch a 2nd rate Flately….I just asked whether I had my mums present by mistake and when she said no I politely informed her I would not be going to that and gave them straight back.

ourmaninthenorth

Nothing I’ve really loathed, but plenty of pointless stuff like aftershave (makes me cough and wheeze).

TBH even with the really nice things, my guilt sense goes into overdrive and I can never really enjoy them for feeling that I don’t deserve such kindness.

I’d prefer not to receive gifts.

cloudnine
    Free Member

An aged 12 jumper.. I’m 34
    A sickly purple colour t shirt with C3-P0 on it.
    Got my outlaws some comet vouchers this year

maccruiskeen

Actually, thinking back quite some time……. a present to our family from an aunty. A set of paper cut out battleships that you’re meant to float in the toilet and sink them by shitting on them.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

A set of paper cut out battleships that you’re meant to float in the toilet and sink them by shitting on them.

I think I need some of those!

meehaja
    Free Member

I’m often accused of being tight by my family, but I’m a firm believer that shit presents are worse than no presents! Last year my sister got me a wind up hamster in a clear plastic ball. WTF? Apparently it wasn’t even meant as a toy for the cats? I’d really rather she just made me a cup of tea or something!

franksinatra

Except to make mine even shitter, i was at University at the time. And to make it appear that I wasn’t an ungrateful shit to my parents, I then had to take it up to uni with me rather than leave it at home.

Is this you?

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

A jumper from my aunt, complete with fleas.

A plastic reproduction two-sided station clock, for the garden shed I do not have.

A selection of episodes of Danger Mouse and Quackula taped off the telly.

I’m sure I can think of many many others …

DezB
    Free Member

My mum bought me a denim shirt one year (not in the 70s mind). gawd it was awful. We had fun for a few years wrapping it up and giving it to another brother (from the same mother) and subsequent Christmases.

Best though was a house number sign my Dad-in-law made. I lived in a road with a bird’s name and he tried to make the bird out of wood on the sign. It was bad. I can’t describe how funny it was though.
    My mate was actually crippled with laughter when he saw it.
    Never made it on to the front of our house.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 107 total)

The topic ‘Your worst christmas/birthday present?’ is closed to new replies.