Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 92 total)
  • Your favourite trainers
  • bensales
    Free Member

Impressed, less than one post before someone didn’t get the joke.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

must be a good joke

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I’ll only watch it if you promise that he’ll be amazed and repeat the answer to every question that’s asked.

You’re in luck.

dknwhy

You’re in luck.

I’M IN LUCK?! Amazing!

Coyote
    Free Member

Running: Brooks Ravenna VI
    Training: Reebok whatever
    Casual: Vans

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Bollocks who are you lot trying to kid it’s these.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I’M IN LUCK?! Amazing!

Yes. Now look amazed, while we pad 30 minutes of fairly entertaining fare to 1hr of painful repetition, and treat the audience like they’re 3.

ourmaninthenorth

I saw some of that. Ruth Goodman interesting (if hardly covering new ground). Wallace is an utter, utter berk*.

When I last owned trainers I wore Puma Sprint, but my absolute favourites were an all brown pair of Onitsuka Tiger Mexico 66s. Deciding to get another pair I can’t find any anywhere on the high street, even in Liverpool (the apparent home of the tracksuit and trainer combo).

*by which I’m not using the apparently mild Middle England insult, but its true meaning: Berkeley Hunt.

Kryton57

JimJam +1, the only two pairs of trainers I will wear are all stars and adidas originals, although I’m now too old to wear them without laces…

trickydisco
    Free Member

Always been an adidas fan

Currently rocking PT 70’s like these but with lime green laces

yunki
    Free Member

if you’re veering towards Gazelles then why not be a lil bit cooler than that and get some of the new re-issued Samoas

Pigface
    Free Member

My favourites, no idea what happened to Simple bought out and then vanished

BoardinBob

Summer has consisted of

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Pigface, I think they were forced to cease trading back in 1982 for crimes against fashion.

loddrik
    Free Member

These are my current daily wearers

New Balance 576 Anniversary

And Asics Evo Samurai (possibly the comfiest trainers I’ve ever worn)

Adidas Super Trekking GTX

BigJohn

I was going to buy a pair of Gazelles but i think they’re too dear.

jimdubleyou

Actual training trainers, I go for whatever NB trail shoe that doesn’t look gopping this year.

Pub shoes, I have a pair of Timberlands that look vaguely like trainers.

bob_summers

Don’t wear leather so limited choice somewhat. I like Chester copper pot’s style, but pay through the nose for the swoosh.

stumpy01

I’ve got 2 pairs of all time favourite trainers….

Nike Air Huarache’s were my favourite running trainers the first time around – but they are now around £80-90 – so as much as I’d love a pair, I’m not paying that for them…

Mine were a bit like these:

And, there were the limited edition grey & black Nike Air Jordan that somehow elevated me from ‘geek loser’ to ‘not quite so much of a geek loser’ when I wore them to school….

These puppies….

BillOddie

If you mean casual trainer type shoes then Vans, generally Old Skools but had various.

If you mean Trainers for TRAINING, then I’m fully in love with my new Nike Metcon2 shoes. In BRIGHT colours!

core

Been an Adidas fan for a few years, they just seem to fit me well and are comfy.

First off I had classic Samba’s – used extensively for indoor football, squash and casual wear, still going as rough/when I want to look cool in a beat up old pair of trainers………

Then Plimcana low – understated, until you lift your heel – blue sole – boom, just washed as spent a month in the shed covered in Goodwood mud. Really should dig the blue laces out.

Current favourites are Beckenbauer Allrounds, impulse purchase from local factory shop place:

Oh yeah, and these, but I’m not a big fan, they were just cheap for holiday from Sports Direct, they’re a bit plastic-y:

All in current use, but I’m thinking of just getting some subtle Fiveten freeriders next time, they work well off the bike and look ok. Guy Martin wears fivetens all the time too.

Really want some of these though:

clodhopper
    Free Member

“Bollocks who are you lot trying to kid it’s these.”

😆

Is that CaptainFlasheart’s shoe collection?

A lot of the current ‘retro’ re-issues are because the 30-40 somethings who grew up in the 70s and 80s want to revisit their long-gone youth. There are some ok designs, a few Adidas ones that are quite nice, but many others are truly horrid. Personally, I’ve had good use from NB and Adidas, but the latter have gone too narrow lately. So you’ll probably see me rocking smething like these:

Classy eh? 😆 Very comfy for my wide feet though. 😳

stevedoc
    Free Member

core

Has won this thread .. Sambas for dossing Beckenbaur for jeans and pub and Gazelles with shorts , thread over

SaxonRider

What’s the difference between the different Adidias styles like the Sambas, Gazelles, and the Beckenbauers? Just appearance? Or are they designed for different purposes?

And Yunki… I like those Samoas!

stevedoc
    Free Member

Saxonrider .. thats like asking a Manc the differnces between is kagools

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

I wish I could wear some Adidas Samba or any other claasic/retro type of trainers but they must be the narrowest shoe in the world Adidas I haven’t been able to wear any since my feet got to a UK size 14 when I was in my mid teens.

I always preferred Reebok, the older Classics were great when they brought them back out.. Full grain genuine leather and had no lining the leather was so soft and subtle they didn’t need it. Then as always they started messing and the leather is harder and crappy linings added inside to make up the deficiency grip pattern and rubber changed and the price went up!

Loved the original Reebok Royal and Rapide

core

I wear an Adidas 12 and have always had wide feet, they seem to fit me fine.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Superstars if Adidas.

But I prefer Vans.

Apparently I’m off-trend now, which suits me just fine.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I always preferred Reebok, the older Classics were great when they brought them back out.. Full grain genuine leather and had no lining the leather was so soft and subtle they didn’t need it.

Do you have a love for classic 90s Fords too? And track suits? 😉

markcurtains
    Free Member

Weird how trainer threads always bring people put saying “adidas Samba are all you need”. Horrific.

stumpy01 – Member
    I’ve got 2 pairs of all time favourite trainers….

Nike Air Huarache’s were my favourite running trainers the first time around – but they are now around £80-90 – so as much as I’d love a pair, I’m not paying that for them…

Mine were a bit like these:

Shop around mate, you’ll find Huas for less than RRP in the sales

ETA

Also weird people sceptical about New Balance, they’ve always been top quality but the last couple of years they’ve become the hipster’s choice and the prices are reflecting that.

136stu
    Free Member

Summer has consisted of

Are you a clown? 😉

binners

What trainers? Pfft! Amateur! The correct answer is ALL the trainers!

The perfectly acceptable male version of the female ‘you can never have too many shoes and handbags’. I just treated myself to (yet another) pair of New Balance 576’s. Some lovely leather ones. They’ll fit in nicely with all the others and the assorted Adidas. 😀

New Balance trainer purchases are also a good excuse to go to Keswick for the weekend. Should you need one. The 576’s were 70 quid there, as opposed to 120 usually.

martinxyz
    Free Member

Stumpy, I’ve recently bought a pair of those Jordans (same OG as you posted) probably never wear them though!

The sad thing is, I’ve got more money in unused sneakers than bikes.

RoterStern
    Free Member

I am really bored with most of the trainer designs of the last 20 years or so. All the styles haven’t particularly changed just the colours. I actually used to love my Northwave Espressos back in the day. At least in the 90s there were some companies trying to do something a little different.

loddrik
    Free Member

Love these. Used to have the brown ones. Hand made in UK with lovely leather lined inners. What’s not to like…? Quite fancy another pair…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

And people gave me a hard time for wearing Spesh 2FOs?

Holy crapola, there are some fugly shoes here!

razorrazoo

Rotor Stern, were you in the spice girls?

My god those things are hideous!

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Booooooom the sexual assault sandal.

Lifer
    Free Member

Adidas for me too, wide 10 and they fit perfectly n+1

binners

Watched the documentary on New Balance last night, with Gregg ‘buttery biscuit base’ Wallace. It’s really interesting, and well worth a viewing. A refreshing answer to the ‘we don’t make anything any more’ brigade. We do. Lots. And really, really well.

Good to see happy, highly skilled staff turning out quality turning out a quality british made product, mostly for export

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 92 total)

The topic ‘Your favourite trainers’ is closed to new replies.