Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 92 total)
  • Your favourite trainers
  • SaxonRider

After years of not really wearing any trainers at all, I quite fancy a colourful pair of Adidas Gazelles.

Anything else I should consider?

perchypanther
    Free Member

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Inov 8’s are my favourites for running in.

yunki
    Free Member

As a dedicated lifelong wearer of trainers, I’ve admitted that I’m getting on a bit and invested in a pair of New Balance..

Very comfy and seem to be lasting forever with a gazillion choices of colour and nice special editions if you shop around

loddrik
    Free Member

New Balance 577. Best trainers ever made. Hand made in UK too. I’ve pretty much constantly had a pair in one colour or another for the last 20years.

terrahawk
    Free Member

Get the Gazelles.

PMK2060

I have always bought Adidas but recently decided to try a pair of New Balance 574’s. The New Balance are so comfortable that i will not be switching back to Adidas in an hurry.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Yup, New Balance here too..

Think I’m on my 15th Pair?

Doesn’t help they have a factory outlet 5mins from the office in Warrington.

Get some absolute bargains..

Kato

Stan Smith’s

dknwhy

All about the Air Max:

benman
    Free Member

Converse All-star Ox. There’s a colour for every occasion

disco_stu
    Free Member

Adidas Busenitz are worth a look at, skate shoes that have an old skool look.

I’d really love it if they re-released the Rekord trainers as these are a firm favorite of mine.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Converse all star or ox for me.

RustySpanner

Gazelles?
    Yes, always.

Samba, only ever acceptable in black leather and if you’ve actually been to a football match.

Marathon – make you look a bit French and not in a good way. Otherwise excellent and give the impression you might occasionally break into a trot.

Stan Smith – Along with the Wimbledon and Diadora Borg Elite, the only acceptable white training shoe.
    See postmodern/ironic use of Green Flash for confirmation, if any were needed.

Nike? No.
    Puma? Football boots, not trainers.

New Balance are fine on a gentlemen of a certain age, as are Vans.

Inov8’s were great until you had to employ someone to help you choose which shoe you needed.

Merrell are worn by bedwetters, North Face by snobs and Keen by people whose thighs rub together.

jimjam
    Free Member

An idiosyncratic expression of my non conformist, “stick it to the man” attitude.

DezB
    Free Member

Asics for me. Or should I say Onitsuku Tiger.
    Comfortable and I don’t care what anyone thinks. Although a 16 year old daughter of a friend said she was ‘liking’ them. How many of you can say that eh? 😛

thestabiliser
    Free Member

I had these first time around, schweeeet.

jamesy01
    Free Member

Recently re-discovered a couple pairs of Adidas Tuscany’s hidden away in my attic…lovely trainers 🙂

aP
    Free Member

I’m partial to a bit of Walsh as well as some NB action…

…and 50% off at the moment as well!

jekkyl

what about Hi-tec or Gola? 😥

onandon
    Free Member

Everything posted so far is a pub shoe. Do you want pub shoe or trainers?
    Different tools for different jobs.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Pretty much live in New Balance, favourites are 996 but have got a bit of a collection, 570’s, 1300’s etc, have a pair of Saucony for running that are alright.

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

New Balance for me If I have the choice….sometimes I don’t care but if the choice is there I’d have New Balance. They have such a good range and not chavy like Nike and some other makes….I’d day they are like the Skoda of trainers, Nike and Addidas more your Golf or Audi A3

onandon
    Free Member

I think NB are more like an old Astra SRI, cool in the early 90’s but people have now realised they’re a bit shit.

LeeW

Get the Gazelles, I’ve just ordered a pair of Spezials from the Adidas website, if you register you get a 15% discount voucher.

136stu
    Free Member

Merrell are worn by bedwetters

….

I’ve got some Merrells and I havent wet the bed in weeks, so there!

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Inov8’s were great until you had to employ someone to help you choose which shoe you needed.

Merrell are worn by bedwetters….

I refuse to be called a bedwetter by someone who cannot work out how to buy an Inov8.

Now if you excuse I need to go change my adult nappy.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Adidas ZX750 – Always.

nickc

NIke SB Portmore.

for the squeak

aa
    Free Member

My good friend who works for a so very, very cool retailer (where the yoot actually vet you as you enter the store to ascertain whether they’ll take your money) says it’s all about the Adidas superstar. dlx model only. UK made Nb good. U.S. made Nb good also.
    Vans are now off trend, which is good for me cuz they’re cheaper!

CaptJon
    Free Member

I love my Wool Runners

molgrips
    Free Member

SaxonRider – yes, but only if you wear them under your cassock.

surfer
    Free Member

All of the retro shoes are rubbish. The shoes they are imitating (the ones we used to run in, in the 70’s and 80’s) were all rubbish but they were the best around then. Why people would pay top dollar for such crap is beyond me.

stox
    Free Member

If you can put up with Greg Wallace I think he’s at the New Balance factory on BBC2 @ 8pm

dknwhy

Found an almost new pair of these in the back of my wardrobe recently…

dknwhy

stox – Member
    If you can put up with Greg Wallace I think he’s at the New Balance factory on BBC2 @ 8pm

I’ll only watch it if you promise that he’ll be amazed and repeat the answer to every question that’s asked.

steveoath
    Free Member

Vans anything in a size 9.

bensales
    Free Member

Trainers? Never had a favourite pair, they get changed at 250 miles.

Oh, you mean shoes like look like shoes people actually ‘train’ in?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Yes, entire populaton of the UK you’ve all got it wrong since like forever, a smug smart arse says so!

DezB
    Free Member

i didn’t get the “joke” 🙁

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 92 total)

The topic ‘Your favourite trainers’ is closed to new replies.