Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • your favourite driving game?
  • racefaceec90

am currently playing forza 3 (and it is very good),but keep thinking about my favourite driving game as i’m playing it. it would have to be project gotham racing 4 [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmVZ-UqWPwE&feature=related[/video] for me it is the best driving game that i have ever played.from the graphics (which still look fantastic imho) to the weather effects (just stunning,when racing over the brooklyn bridge in a thunderstorm in new york 😯 😀 if only they had the Edinburgh tracks in it from the 2nd game then it would have been absolutely perfect. just an awesome game 😀 p.s not my video by the way.

jam-bo

Dodge the dartmoor pony.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Gran Turismo 3 (ps2)

For me this is the best of the series, not too many cars like GT2, getting every car was realistic, no downloads either. the graphics were amazing for their time. Each car was beautifully rendered and pushed the hardware. The soundtrack was good too, the music really summed up the dance and indie charts of it’s time. GT4 was too similar and didn’t bring anything new to the genre while GT5 feels like an anachronism next to it’s Forza counterparts.

Mario Kart Super Circuit (GBA)

The best multiplayer racing game bar none. Linking Gameboys via a cable and playing this (bowser castle) brings fond memories. So underrated, as good as the original, N64 version was good too.

flow
    Free Member

I-Racing

onandon
    Free Member

Forza 3 is still doing it for me .
    Dirt 3 was absolute shite so looking forward to Forza 4.

Bucko

Forza 3

sc-xc

Mario Kart SNES, then Mario Kart 64.

Forza 3

Mario Kart for pure fun

Tom83

Grid – Chevrolet Lacetti touring car races online. Loads of fun wanging it around the corners at full tilt!

thehustler
    Free Member

old skool, hard driving was ace first arcade driverthat gave real feedback thru the stearing wheel

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Chequered Flag on the speccy.

Maybe

yossarian
    Free Member

Wipeout on the PS1

Actually I quite enjoyed downhill domination as well, although you needed to race the technical downhill sections from the first person perspective to make it tough.

donsimon
    Free Member

Oulton Park.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Hot pursuit on the iPad ain’t half bad, the original coast to coast takes some beating for it’s time though.

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

For sheer feeling and feedback, has to be F1 2010 …. top game, have also enjoyed Dirt 3 and GT5 on the ps3 ..

molgrips
    Free Member

Does Wipeout 3 count? That was one of the very few games that was more than just a game, it was a sport in itself. Took months of proper graft to master the lightening fast top speeds.. you had to be REALLY into it. Not much else that I’ve played required that level of absorption and dedication.

As for cars, GT3 I loved too. Those 60 lap hour long races were pretty epic! Being quick was one thing, being quick and saving your tyres required a similar level of fine touch to Wipeout.

Deveron53
    Free Member

geoff crammond’s f1gp – still my all-time favourite!

MrsToast
    Free Member

Favourite racing games include:

Supercars 2 (Amiga)
    Lotus Esprit Turbo Challenge (Amiga)
    Rock and Roll Racing (SNES)
    Micro Machines V8 (PS)
    Wipeout 2097 (PS)
    F-Zero X (Gamecube)

Always been a fan of the arcadier/sillier/fantasy racing games, Gran Turismo and Project Gotham just don’t hold my interest. I did like V-Rally and Burnout, but those were mainly for causing ridiculous crashes. Never even played the normal mode on Burnout, only Crash for Cash.

rkk01
    Free Member

GT something..,.

5 was, well, good, but underwhelming

4 found hard work on the PS2

Surprisingly, prob a close call between GT5P and GT5

Kevevs
    Free Member

Out Run. In the big plastic ferrari in the arcade on Llandudno pier late 80’s. 50p a go or 3 goes for a pound. Splash wave tune selected on the stereo.[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIl8FbF9Auo&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

slartybartfast
    Free Member

Supersprint
    Daytona usa
    Geoff Crammonds F1
    Forza 3
    Really enjoyed Grand Turismo HD demo (tuned Celica GT4), but GT5 is the most disapointing game i have played.

DarrenH

Stuntcar racer on the amiga 500+

Cougar

Supersprint

Stuntcar racer

I was about to say both of those.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

TT Superbikes on the ps2 and Tourist Trophy. Gran Turismo 2 on
    ps1. One of the cd’s smelled like burning rubber. Ace.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Chicken or how long can I drive in the dark without lights.

samuri
    Free Member

Dirt 3 is pretty good, really enjoying that at the moment.
    I like RACE too, it’s no simulator but it’s lots of fun.
    F1 2010 is very good too as is PGR4.

But the best driving game ever is Forza 3.

I wish I was better at Forza though – even managed to get hold of an original (now discontinued) MS wheel and I’m still crap 🙁

racefaceec90

TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsSTR don’t worry about it.i’m rubbish at the game also (well just about all computer games to be honest 😳

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Naked twister.

Ok neil – with baby oil?

downshep

Mario Kart for fun or Carmageddon for the zombie slaughter.

Real world has to be the A82 / A87 to Skye outwith tourist season. Bliss.

samuri
    Free Member

Actually, I retract the Forza thing. What kind of crazy fool was I?

Grand Prix Legends. With all the user created updates.
    500bhp in a car that weighs 500lb, real life physics, online support community that has a ‘negative’ challenge.

What an awesome game, so difficult, so challenging, so engaging. Loved it. And yes, I did go negative. hundreds of tracks, insanely difficult handling, 1960’s cars, fantastic!
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p240WsUABe8&feature=related[/video]

Northwind

Screamer. With 16gb of RAM for the graphics upgrade.

TBH there’s only 4 things you need from a car game- good engine sounds, good crashes, good opposition, and NO ****ING DRIVING TESTS. Bloomin Gran Turismo, honestly, I’ve spent longer doing bloody silly GT driving tests than I spent actually learning to drive a real car.

phiiiiil

From the annals of history… Stunt Race 2000 on the Acorn; like Stunt Car Racer but with madder tracks where you could go pretty much anywhere, including a massive “pool table” thing where you could knock the balls around. Never seen anything like it since, though, so I stuck with Wipeout 2097… I wasted many hours of my life playing that, far more than any other game…

Deveron53
    Free Member

Used to love ‘1nsane’, pretty good offroad racer with nice physics and damage. You could race ATVs all the way up to 8×8 behemoths.

And one of the first games to have decent online play.

BigJohn

I like clipping cones with my front bumper and seeing how far they fly.

Extra points if you can spear a bloke leaning on a shovel.

yunki
    Free Member

mundo mamil massacre (millenium edition)

mushrooms
    Free Member

This is an absolute blast and it’s free to play, Trackmania nations.
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNQBvtN6cns[/video]

allyharp

It’s been years since I played a modern game, but my old favourite was always Need For Speed Porsche 2000. It had good graphics (for the time) but more importantly some realistic damage effects and a great array of cars, really giving a realistic insight of Porsche history.

That, and Mario Kart 64!

fd3chris
    Free Member

grand prix legends, most realistic and difficult driving sim, somehow the word game doesn’t give it justice!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘your favourite driving game?’ is closed to new replies.