Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You know it's all going wrong when…
  • rockitman

… it's 10:30pm, less than 12 hours before the race starts and one of the pistons has just come out of the front brake, pissing oil all over the carpet. It's gone back in but I now have no pressure in the brake. Is it just a matter of bleeding the brakes in the morning?

Please say yes!

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Yes! as long as you didnt push the piston in too hard & damaged the seal it''ll be fine if you bleed it up

rockitman

Thanks mate. If you knew the hassle I've had tonight. Built up the Scandal and just needed to steal the brakes off the other bike. Rounded one of the bolts on the lock on grips and now can't get the grips off and therefore can't get the brake levers off. Thus having to ride a 6" travel bike (currently with no front brake) for Hit The North. Gutted…

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Just dont rush it in the morning & it'll be fine

jedi

never play with the bike the day before an event

written in the book of cyril

zaskar
    Free Member

Could be worse you could have a stomach bug…

I have to go now…hic burp fart…

peachos
    Free Member

rockitman, let me know if you want to bring anything down. you should try & use the 29r, as i can guarantee you'll be cursing the FS after the 2nd time you have to drag it up a set of steps!

rockitman

Peachey, I can't mate. Gutted as it's 95% finished – fully rigid, alfine hub 29er – perfect for hit the north but I can't get any brakes on it now. If only the race was at 12, not 10.

Think I'll be OK on the Yeti, put a 1.95 cross country tyre on the back – it's only 2 hours. I have a bleed kit but thanks for the offer.

cinnamon_girl

Blimey, I'm leading a ride in the morning. Haven't checked my bike, have drunk too much beer and really need to get to bed 😯

andrewh
    Free Member

Dremmel the offending grip bolt. If it's the end one, rather than the inner one if you know wht I mean, it can be hacksawed carefully, I've done it. Probably easier than bleeding the brake tomorrow.

james
    Free Member

I've pulled a lockikg grip off before that the bolt rounded off, it was the outer clamp though

Drilling the bolt head off will work also

epicyclo

That's why I use BB7s 🙂

Impossible for an idiot (me) to break.

rocky-mountain
    Free Member

never try and repair a bike on a sunday evening, when you need it on monday.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘You know it's all going wrong when…’ is closed to new replies.