Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • you could not make it up
  • breakneckspeed
    Free Member

stumbled over this on the interweb seems some journalists will right anything

now I could not help but check this out, given that I could do with a bit of assistance now and again so found this – but can't see it going un-noticed in the pelaton

allthepies
    Free Member

"write"

😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

Noise might be a give away.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    breakneckspeed
    Free Member

Noise might be a give away

no they would never hear the noise over the race radio – may be that is really why the UCI wants to ban them

rOcKeTdOg

peleton 😉

alpin
    Free Member

i was at the F.R.E.E. Messe (trade fair for outdoorsy stuff) in Munich a month or so back. i got all excited about the bike section only to be utterly disappointed that it was full of electro-bikes and lieger-räder (those lay-ey down bike things). worse still there were 'proper' MTBs with electric motors.

i don't know what i'd think if someone made it up to the top of a mountain on one of those. probably a mixture of disgust and pity.

alpin
    Free Member

there's even a magazine dedicated to elctro bikes here in germany.

ampthill

alpin

Is that how you feel about people who use uplift?

breakneckspeed
    Free Member

I can only see it of been of value to the sort of person who thinks a run up the tow path is a challenge – half the ‘fun’ of cycling is the fact that you have to exert yourself somewhat – now I’m no whippet up hill, more a sit back and grind the bugger to death –but a good challenging climb can be a buzz when you clean it
    Can’t see any pro team using it – and the only people it would really benefit is the sprinters to get them to the last couple of hundred meters before they launch themselves at the line.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘you could not make it up’ is closed to new replies.