Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Xfusion shocks
  • Xan
    Free Member

Anyone had any dealings with them? I have a spesh xc comp and trying to get my shock serviced. They say I need to send to Germany or wait 2 months till a uk service centre is trained and in place. Seems to be a few things on othe forums about people having issues similar to this but no answers to the problem. It’s a joke that a company like specialized sell bikes with equipment in the uk that can’t be maintained in the uk. Can anyone help with how I can get a service kit in the uk ASAP as my shock is in a state. About to just cut my losses and cough up for a new shock, something I wanted to avoid as I plan to buy a new bike in a year and will be stripping all the upgrades of my full sus to go on a blue pig so no need for a rear shock.

Would say to anyone considering buying a bike with xfusion to re-consider as they are a nightmare to deal with.

sambob
    Free Member

You could probably service it yourself if you found an online guide. Have you found any aftermarket shocks in the correct length?

Xan
    Free Member

Could probably do the work but can’t get the seals I need and don’t have the technical knowledge to find alternatives. I’ve been told a 190/50 should be fine if not TFT will put a 5mm spacer in to put to 45 for only £40

sambob
    Free Member

Thanks for the help.

BoardinBob

Paul, I’ve got a spare x-fusion shock to fit your bike. In full working order. £50 and it’s yours if you’re interested.

Shackleton

X-fusion were distributed by Propel (I think) but then Propel went bust or had money issues (again, I think). So X-fusion are having to get the UK side of things up and running again and get techs trained (rather than getting some monkeys to do it). I think it is just bad luck and timing rather than Specialized screwing you over. And sending to Germany is only an extra day each way, and they are prepared to do it for you. So it is hardly like they are being awkward.

FWIW I’d go with BoardinBob if you want it fast as a service will cost you at least £50.

mieszko
    Free Member

I had an X fusion shock I was looking to service and I think that I was forwarded onto Propel when I contacted X fusion in the US.

Propel emailed me with a quote of £85 for a shock service including the return postage. My shock was working fine but I wanted to know how much it would cost me for a service.

If Your model is fairly basic that at £85 for a service You would not need much more to buy a new or near new shock for Your bike.

Shame Your shock needs new seals as a aircan service is pretty simple.

stayhigh

Have you tried contacting Loco Tuning, he maybe able to offer some advice?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Xfusion shocks’ is closed to new replies.