Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • X Fusion forks?
  • cookeaa

I was perusing their website and noticed they do some forks with a reasonable bunch of features/travel options.

anyone own or have any experience of X fusions forks?

Just out of interest like…

lipseal
    Free Member

Not used them but I too have been having a mooch on the web site, now I’m thinking who would carry out service and are parts available?

cookeaa

I suppose that was my secondary concern, given they use a pretty common stantion size I expect compatible seals and bushes could be gotten without too much bother.
    but initially I just wondered if anyone in the UK (or further afield) had ever ridden the buggers and could give feedback on them…

The ‘Velvet’ looks quite promising but that’s just reading the numbers, doesn’t really tell me much more though…

-Lock out
    -32mm Stantions
    -Air spring
    -80/100/120/130mm
    -15mm or QR
    -3.35 (9mm axle, 1 1/8th Steerer)

So in the same territory as Reba/Recon/Rev I suppose… Just cheaper

MTBR Reviews are Scant (1) but seems positive…

Having just ordered a Hilo, I’m adjusting wy attitude towards X fusion, I had thought of them soley as purveyors of low end OEM shocks, but after a bit more web research it seems they really are trying to crack the MTB suspension and Uppy/downy post market in the US, given the established main players and customer expectations I think would have to have some thought out products before even attempting such an expansion so could well be worth a look…

wwaswas

they’re distributed in the UK by Upgrade Bikes – the people who do DMR/Kinesis/Leyzene/etc. They’re a good company, in my experience, and I’m sure they’ll support the product well.

WhatMTB/MBUK did a review on one of their forks and said it was good.

chakaping
    Free Member

I read a positive review in MBUK I think.

They seem to be priced at about the level that Fox and RS get discounted to though, so unless they also get discounted…

neninja
    Free Member

Francis at MTBR did this review – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EivoYhYaAo

He really rated the Velvet fork

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘X Fusion forks?’ is closed to new replies.