• This topic has 22 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by chaz.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • WTD: Holmfirth night riders!
  • beefy

Don’t move me into the classifieds! This is a request for more riders to ride on a Thursday night in Holmfirth, then go for a pie and a pint, we meet every week, everyone is welcome!

mintimperial

Sounds good. I couldn’t make it every week like, on account of family commitments and stuff, but I could definitely pop over every now and then. I was out on the mini-STW Marsden/Meltham group ride last year (September-ish), I was the one on the Canyon. Drop me an email with some more details: my username at gmail dot com. Cheers! 🙂

beefy

mintimperial, YGM.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    billysugger
    Free Member

Still got no lights but give it a month and I’d like to. Heard there’s some good sfuff over that way.

andycs

Would love to join you but depends what time you start, would have to drive over from Thornhill. E-Mail is andycs24@hotmail.com Done a bit of riding over there and enjoyed it, let me know next time you are out, thanks.

mt
    Free Member

where and at what time? Whose pies and what pub?

beefy

We usually meet at 6:30 in the big coop car park, I know it is a bit early, but allows time for beer, we usually go the box office bar, round that back of the Picturedrome, they have free pork pies with every pint and they are VERY good ones, locally made.

Failing that we can be found in Herveys, but there are no pies there, only pork scratchings. (washes mouth out!)

Sometimes we meet in Meltham at one of the riders houses, he then provides the beers!

emmodd
    Free Member

Never mind night rides – how about a day rise? Every time I drive through I wonder if there’s good riding round there.

Ben_mw

Depending on whose pies they are, I could be tempted. (Just need to get my lights sorted). Would also be interested in a day ride, one saturday maybe?

mt
    Free Member

under no circumstances would I go to a pub in Meltham.

beefy

MT, that’s why we go to one of the riders houses, Meltham pubs are not nice.

Liking the idea of a day ride, there could be quite a crowd. Saturday will suit me best, but will have to be after April now, just come back from Skiing, then off camping soon and then off to Paris, suprised I have not been kicked out yet, so I need to hedge my bets.

justridemtb
    Free Member

I need to get out more. Sounds good. Coming from Denby Dale. Should be able to make thurs. if not in the co-op car park my email is just-ride@live.co.uk

mintimperial

I’ve been in a number of Meltham pubs. Some of them used to be bordering on tolerable, on week-nights. I’d not want to go in all muddy in full MTB-dork kit, though, that would definitely be pushing it.

A Saturday ride would be grand, and I’ll definitely show up for a Thursday or two as soon as I can get an evening pass.

beefy

Cool beans everyone, we turn up in Holmfirth pubs covered in crap and get no problems at all, think they are used to us.

If anyone wants to contact me, get me on r a dresser at gmail dot com.

See you Thursday.

emmodd
    Free Member

Count me in for a Saturday ride when you’re not too busy 😀

beefy

I will sort a date out in the future for a Saturday ride and post it on the forum.

beefy

Just to prove that we do actually ride and just because, here are some photos I took last night.

[/url] I am the night rider! by radresser, on Flickr[/img]

[/url] DSC00777 by radresser, on Flickr[/img]

jet26
    Free Member

Be interested. Especially if you head denby dale way at all (at Ingbirchworth)

beefy

We can head any which we people want really, sometimes we start at New Mill, so that tends to be a ride towards the dale.

Stevo210
    Free Member

Nice photos there Beefy.
    Here’s a shakey, blurry one from the little STW outing around Marsden/Meltham as mentioned above.

chaz
    Free Member

would be up for i ride, i go out on wednesday night adn saturday day round west yorkshire with the west yorkshire rough riders, check there website/facebook for more ride details

bill-oddie
    Free Member

Hey up, Thinking of joining you guys for a night ride tomorrow if there’s one on. my email is strawdogg@hotmail.co.uk can you drop me a line with details of where to meet?

chaz
    Free Member

go to http://www.roughridersmbc.co.uk and theres a link to our forum

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘WTD: Holmfirth night riders!’ is closed to new replies.