Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Wow, that was loud!
  • BigJohn

Don’t they have to inflate truck tyres in cages because so many kwik fit fitters have been killed?

J0N
    Free Member

Popped an inner tube at 100psi on a road wheel where I had not seated the tyre properly. The tube blistered out the side and went BANG!. I wasn’t even looking at it as the GF was talking to me. see, it was her fault. I’m surprised someone didn’t report gunfire, it was that loud.

bennyboy1
    Free Member

Complete idiot! ROFL!!!

bakey

AI!

wwaswas

this one’s got some merit – beats soapy water, anyway;

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N252RPAMPaI&feature=related[/video]

instanthit
    Free Member

Reminded me of inflating the pushchair tyres for the first time, never checked the psi (well would you?) happily attached to track pump in the garage, pump, pump, pump, pum..kerboom shredded tyre, ringing ears, unhappy wife.
    Have never been asked to pump them up again. Result.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Had a tyre blow on my Brompton. In the middle of the night whilst we were asleep 😯 Scared the bejesus out of us!

Anyway, Air compressor & marigolds = neighbours coming round to see if we’re OK after the gas explosion 😆

nacho
    Free Member

LOL, great thread, thanks OP et al, I’m no way going tubeless after reading this, I’ll put up with the odd puncture!!!

crotchrocket
    Free Member

There was an apprentice killed in my local Stapletons a few yrs back.
    Apparently he sat on the (horizontal) tyre which was being inflated, when the rim let go he hit the ceiling of the warehouse.
    Health and Safety executive had a field day.

Kevevs
    Free Member

hehe. reminds me when I lived in a shared house in Hackney. I’d pumped up my tyres and put them on top of the wardrobe out of the way as there were bike bits all over my bedroom floor. Massive BOOOM at about 3am launched me outta bed and all my house mates running around the house freaking out! Non-jizz though. Surprised cops didn’t turn up as there had been a shooting in the pub down the road a week earlier.

tk46hal
    Free Member

A very funny post! Let’s have more like it! 😆

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I had one last year – 100psi road tyre, early one morning, Mrs still in bed me sorting bikes out to go out riding in the kitchen, both the cats wandering around & the tube let go.

Certainly woke me up, and the Mrs, and I didn’t see the cats for a while!

tk46hal
    Free Member

Brilliant! 😆 😆

portlyone

…Mrs still in bed me sorting bikes out to go out riding in the kitchen…

big kitchen!

granny_ring

Another lol here, been some good threads today cheers 🙂

PJM1974
    Free Member

4 bar? Either your pump was lying or you looked at it wrong. Can’t see tyres exploding at 60psi.

Mine have on several occasions…with tyres that are supposedly good for 65psi.

Last one blew up in the middle of Purley and passers by thought someone had been shot. The one before blew in the back of the car and gave my poor missus a fright.

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Wow, that was loud!’ is closed to new replies.