Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Would Sram Red work with Sram X.0 ????
  • MarkJones950
    Free Member

I know what your thinking – "Stupid Question"

BUT, i am just building up a new bike and i want to make this one a little bit different. I am using X.0 Shifters, but i have got a 11-27 Ultegra 9 speed cassette on, to save some (actually an awful lot) of weight.
    And i have got a Sram Red rear mech from a previous road bike build in the garage, so i thought i would use that.

My first thought was, it must work because sram is sram, and even though the mech is 10 speed, and the shifters are 9. I thought it would just work out.

However the more i think about it, i am not sure. Would the cage be to thin to take a 9 speed chain?

I will probably get some stick for asking this, but thought it was worth a try.

Thanks in advance
    Mark…

davefarmer
    Free Member

different cable pull i think, and cage thickness (but that won't matter too much)

Try it, let us know how it works. You already have the bits

solarider
    Free Member

Red only works with XX as the cable pull is the same. 1:1. Worth a try though if you already have everything.

MarkJones950
    Free Member

Cheers for the reply's.

I only asked cause i didn't want to use the Red rear mech in any way, and keep it in brand new condition.
    However the only way to find out is to do it, i will have a go this weekend, and report back.

Cheers
    Makr.

MarkJones950
    Free Member

If either of you where interested, it didnt work. I managed to get out in the garage for a few hours last night, and it just wasn't happening. Looked like the X.0 shifter wasn't pulling enough cable through for the Red R-Mech to move enough.

O well.. Worth a try anyway.

Cheers for the advice
    Mark..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Would Sram Red work with Sram X.0 ????’ is closed to new replies.