Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Worrying Times
  • curtisthecat
    Free Member

I have been keeping up with the latest news and the latest mob of neo-fascist scum, The English Defense League are on the rise. I know that they are just a bunch of bully boys, but they seem to be sucking lots of people in by playing on their fears. I have a feeling that there are some people at my work involved with these muppets.

wombat

Worrying times indeed, the parallels with the rise of Moseley's Blackshirts is all too clear.

Any chance of finding out what they're planning and letting plod know?

Hairychested
    Free Member

Maybe they have a bit of a point? When in Rome, etc…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Why worrying? In a democracy everyone is entitled to a view and other people may have views that differ from yours. They may find it equally worrying that there are left wing politically correct namby pambies out there too.

(All in the spirit of fairness – I am certainly not a sympathiser).

curtisthecat
    Free Member

What is worrying is that although their website says that they are only against "extreme" Islamists, they seem to be attracting the type of people that can't distinguish what extreme is and all Muslims are being targeted.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Maybe these are the ones who will bring balance to the force. 😉

atlaz
    Free Member

Extremism of any kind is distasteful to me, be it people who think if you're non white you should leave the UK or people who think that non-Muslims need forcably converting. Fortunately for them, the laws of the land permit them their hateful free speech.

Is there any chance we could do some sort of "Extremist Battle Royale" and pit groups against each other on an island… Anglesea/IoW/IoM and see who is "best"? Then we could have an official Extremist Nutter Party for the UK? I'd watch it (bet it'd be on Five as well).

grumm
    Free Member

Is there any chance we could do some sort of "Extremist Battle Royale" and pit groups against each other

You mean a bit like IRA vs Taliban?

atlaz
    Free Member

Just like that. Only real.

That program is very funny (I've seen a couple of episodes post-pub). I can't believe they made it without their tongues firmly in cheek.

iDave
    Free Member

Maybe they have a bit of a point? When in Rome, etc…

so people from foreign lands should be just the same as a thick, white, fat phucker from Stoke?

eat the same, do the same, drink the same, go to playa del ingles and support stoke?

can't we have a bit of variety in society?

tazzymtb

IDave, That's Stoke-ist, how dare you say that all potters are fat thick white phukers!! What's next, are you going to be burning oatcakes on crucifixes on the front lawn whilst wearing an anti-stoke league t-shirt?

FASCIST

iDave
    Free Member

tazzy, I didn't say all, said 'a'

but if a Stokie had a front lawn, burning oatcakes there would be a good use of it

the best thing about Stoke is the M6

I know having lived there long enough

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Which is more worrying, a group of ignorant racists intent on causing a fight or a group of intelligent terrorists intent on causing mass murder?

julianwilson
    Free Member

I found a book in the library yesterday: "Blackshirts in Devon": I never realised the extent to which fascism was adopted in the late 30's down here.

DrDolittle
    Free Member

"by sheer weight of numbers, the muslims prevented the demonstration from taking place"

"bricks, bottles and firecrackers were thrown at the police, journalists were attacked..."

What a charming bunch of thugs…tooled up and ready to deny a legal demonstration.I doubt the majority of them are worthy of the term "anti fascist", or are even aware of what a Fascist is… Very interesting too watching the live tv footage in London and then the next day seeing how the Liberal Metropolitan Elite recorded the event. The front page of the Guardian, Independent and even the Times felt obliged to have a picture of the small grouping of buffoons from the EDL/SIOE, not a picture of the tooled up slavering mob rushing through the streets beating anybody they could get their hands on that didn't look like "one of them".

I see nothing to make me think of The Battle of Cable Street here. The English Nationalist fascists, on advice from the Police decided not to stage the legal demonstration. The "Muslim" thugs assembled from all over London wanted blood and caused a lot of people a lot of stress and injury. And prevented through the threat of violence an unwarranted, but perfectly legal demonstration.

So who's the fascist?

tazzymtb

Idave I would also add stoke station and the A50 to speed the exit from "choke on stench" as i've been bloody stuck in this festering hell hole for years, and to be quite honest I think your description of a stokie was incredibly accurate but you missed the bit about shagging mingers and calling everyone "duck" 😀

iDave
    Free Member

you're not stuck there. you choose to be there.

tazzymtb

work and wifes family……..no escape! unless change job and get a divorce.

iDave
    Free Member

i had an ex wife like that…….

mooman
    Free Member

I think we are now reaping the rewards of such a politically correct society .. great isn`t it..

My opinions on such things go no further than immediate family and close friends.

soobalias
    Free Member

there is not a single person in this country who is not driven to distraction by the media letting us all know who is to blame for 'our' problems.

the fight back was inevitable, just as inevitable as the 'leaders' coming straight from football violence, just as inevitable as those who dont have the courage of their convictions failing to stand up for what should be basic human rights.

oh and btw, EDL have a thriving mtb section. how many stw posters are islamist?

G
    Free Member

**** me….

So we're all giving them credence now? The best bet is ignore them. In every 60 million people there are padeophiles, murderers, rapists and racists. Most get no air time unless they work out how to manipulate the media. Best thing is not to help them IMHO. Usually they are too thick to work it out for themselves!

iDave
    Free Member

oh and btw, EDL have a thriving mtb section. how many stw posters are islamist?

wow, fascist phucktards ride bikes. if only muslims were so in tune with xtr and high rollers, we'd all be so happy.

there is not a single person in this country who is not driven to distraction by the media letting us all know who is to blame for 'our' problems.

I'm not for starters.

anyone who thinks another race/culture/person is responsible for their miserable sad life, is quite tragically inept and immature. you have choices in life.

the fight back? ………. pathetic playground talk

stumpyjon

It's just a shame we can't have a more open and thoughful debate about how we as a country (and I mean everyone currently legally living here) actually want our society. It's all very polarised, on one side you seem to have the liberal elite with some very odd ideas about how people are and on the other side often fairly ignorant thugs (or maybe that's just the way the media controlling elite protry them).

Personally I think the laws and multi-cutural aspirations we currently have are great, unfortunately I don't think our society will be mature enough for them to work for a good couple hundred years. Unfortunately the politicians have backed themselves into a corner over the last 20 years by exclusively pushing multi-culturalism as a good thing. It's going to take race riots and other incidents which are too serious for them to ignore before they actually act. Typical politicians lead from the opinion poll and yesterdays headlines rather than any intelligently constructed vision of how society should be.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Right, isn't "Why is it wrong to protect what's native to this land?" the real question here? Asking from a foreigner's perspective, I'm not questioning the British values (actually, what are they? what does it mean British?) but your curious inability to say 'enough' to those who abuse you as people.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Worrying Times’ is closed to new replies.