Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Worktop Advice Please – where to get?
  • Lesanita2
    Free Member

Anyone got a good suplier.

The Mrs wants approx 6m of "dark solid wood" worktop for new kitchen. One of the kids has a nut allergy (not a bad one), so have been advised against walnut (thankfully as it is expensve).

She wont be swayed by my protests that it wont be hard wearing. She's having slate near the sink as wood tends to not mix with wet.

Do I get something like beech and get joiner to stain it?

Any good online sources that could deliver in a week? No cutouts required. The joiner will sort.

I'll get joiner to supply if I can't get my confidence levels up.

Thanks for looking.

Mole
    Free Member

Try HOWDENS,always have good stock.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Lesanita2
    Free Member

I'll give them a try.
    Many Thanks.

erny
    Free Member

Try IKEA there wood worktops are very good and good prices,fitted quite a few of them

Stoner
    Free Member

Ikea hardwood work tops are excellent units, hardwearing and pretty easy to work with.

They need a good sand, and DONT use Ikea's own treatment "oil". Its rubbish, is soluble in water and so lifts off when wet for just short amounts of time IMO.

I use 7 or 8 coats of Danish oil applied with a kitchen sponge using the green scourer in between coats when soft. Gives an amazingly strong finish – resistant to stains and heat and keeps the wood looking great as long as its not left under standing water for ages.

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/10123675

2.46m for £170, 1.86m for £140, 1.26m for £90.
    All 62cm deep
    Great VFM

nickjb
    Free Member

As the spammer has resurrected the thread what did you end up with?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Worktop Advice Please – where to get?’ is closed to new replies.