Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • winter shoes for flat pedals?
  • ventanarider
    Free Member

This will be my first winter riding flat pedals so looking for recommendations for some shoes with good grip and waterproof if there are such things

rewski
    Free Member

lunge

I’ve got a pair of Salomon fabric gore-tex walking boots which I use when it is REALLY cold. They’ve got a Vibram sole so they grip OK but they’re not FiveTen grippy. They do keep my feet warm in some very cold conditions though.

stevede
    Free Member

Shimano AM41’s teamed with something like a merino sealskins sock will be a pretty good combo if you want shoes with decent grip. I have the AM45’s (spd version) and they are pretty decent apart from the usual Shimano styling issues.

Tracey

Got some Hi Tec gortex boots in a sale and had the soles redone with 5 10 stealth rubber. Best of both worlds

GW
    Free Member

same as summer, there’s no need to ever wear ugly shoes if you ride flats.

motorman
    Free Member

I use five ten canyoneer 2 boots….they have stealth rubber & totally waterproof & just a wee bit special needs… 😆
    Also hear that the keen boots are pretty good too

jedi

i use nike 6.0 canvas topped shoes. they dry out in no time at all so ideal for winter

headfirst
    Free Member

karrimor eVent walking boots – very impressed with them in wet touring I’ve done this summer, they were the only shoes I took on a 4 day road tour of the north norfolk coast and thereabouts, wore them on and off the bike. Paired with merino wool socks for extra warmth in the winter they’ll be perfect with my v8’s – £40 from sports direct

showerman
    Free Member

motorman they are very special needs 😯

motorman
    Free Member

Yeah, hahaha…but you really need to see where I go riding & it would all make sense!
    I use them on my fatbike for winter beachriding, ford / river crossings & general bog fests….

rob-jackson
    Free Member

suit farley then 🙂

ampthill

Stiffish walking boots work for me

Northwind

The new Tevas are supposed to be designed with bad weather in mind… Will be interested to try those.

My 5 10s basically fell apart after one winter… Almost like they rotted. The cardboard insole in particular was a problem, it just dissolved, totally unacceptable from an expensive outdoor shoe IMO, was not impressed.

bigjim

got some AM40’s size 47 that need a home if you are interested! Flap thing makes them more waterproof than open laces but obviously not totally waterproof.

rewski
    Free Member

AM40’s with sealskins coped last winter. I keep the wellies for special occassions.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘winter shoes for flat pedals?’ is closed to new replies.