Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 188 total)
  • Will Surf Matt return?
  • clubber
    Free Member

Yeah, there are quotas to fill. I’ll claim a space on that basis too bring of non-UK origin (admittedly having to go back a generation )

AdamW
    Free Member

Being half Welsh and half Irish I tried for the Celtic Dragon roar. Unfortunately after I came out it sounded like ‘meeeoiouw’. And I’m not that good with cats. Go figure.

As for the idiots bit – can you let me know where the forms are please? I’ve got me marker pen handy.

timc
    Free Member

He will be back, anyone who acts like he does cant have many friends in the real world.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

AdamW forget the forms – You’re hired!

Which outfit do you want? Clubber’s having the native American… I’d really like the construction worker…

Harry, sorry you’ll just have to choose from what’s left.

cynic-al
    Free Member

LOLLERCOPTERS at the deleted posts.

clubber
    Free Member

Yay! Always wanted to be the Injun chief 🙂

druidh
    Free Member

Flouncing is soooo last year…http://www.mlehworld.com/mleh2/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3068

To emsz and the other mleh visitors. I can understand your reluctance to hang around. Mleh is a small and very close-knit group, as a result of which we all tend to know each others humour and triggers. It’s a bit like a family. Have a look on the “classified” section and you’ll mostly see stuff being exchanged or given away free. Posting on a thread which was basically “I’m a noob – come slag me” was never going to give you a taste of it. In short, feel free to pop in occasionally and say hi!

BigDummy
    Free Member

This thread has achieved considerable awesome even without the Fount of All Awesome being among us.

Adam is to be commended particularly. 🙂

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

As a confirmed Matt hater, & I have the warning to prove it, the bloke has an inferiority complex! I’m sure he has a lot to add to the forum, we all do, but when you build yourself up that much, there is only one way to go & that’s down.
    If people really think matt is as wealthy as he makes out to be, ask some questions, but then wealth, is as most things, is in the eye of the beholder.

iDave – Member
    he can only mention some of his awesome exploits because he’s done them, unlike, I suspect, many of the derelicts who hound him. a lot of big jealous kids around this interweb thing.

Really? He’s done everything?

Anyway, re flouncing, I have! My biggest flounce was to suggest STW make the forum two tier, paying members got one thing, plebs got something different. I nearly left after that, several emails between me & STW about how it would never happen, a few years later we have the beginning of a two tier system, money is money after all…

Cheers.

molgrips
    Free Member

Napoleon complex.

Anyway, hey, it’s BigDummy 🙂

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Enough of Surf Matt – when will we see the return of Mark Datz?

molgrips
    Free Member

he can only mention some of his awesome exploits because he’s done them, unlike, I suspect, many of the derelicts who hound him. a lot of big jealous kids around this interweb thing.

The people who slag off Matt are not jealous of him. They are mostly ridiculing his uber competitive attitude.

The thing I like about STW is that there are lots of people who’ve done and do incredible things but they don’t go on about it, and you only get a few hints on certain threads. We know exactly Mat’s achievements, qualifications, job and lifestyle. Hmm 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

… sounds like jealousy to me molgrips. It’s okay to want to be Awesome you know 😉

juan
    Free Member

Yeah, there are quotas to fill. I’ll claim a space on that basis too bring of non-UK origin

Nope you can’t do that… This is my space
    /vader voice/ do you know who the **** I am /vader voice/

:p

juan
    Free Member

The thing I like about STW is that there are lots of people who’ve done and do incredible things but they don’t go on about it

Yeah I am one of them
    I wear pink gloves you know…
    However i did add sexual acquaintances (he awesome swear filter avoidance) my rather large ladies (at least larger than I am) does it makes me awesome or just someone feeding the troll I am still wondering.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Some people are born awesome, some achieve awesomeness, and some have awsomeness thrust upon them

Thrust. What a great word…

aracer
    Free Member

Except that some of his exploits aren’t actually quite as awesome as he makes out – he keeps it quiet that he does events with various length races where the top guys are doing the longer ones…

Of course there are plenty on here with more impressive race and adventure CVs than SM – it’s just that most of them tend to keep it (relatively) quiet.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Coyote – Member
    He voiced an opinion and the usual gobshites suspects roared in raising their voices until he flounced off.
    Seems to be getting more common on here these days. Agree with the hive mind or you will be ridiculed into oblivion. Definitely getting less pleasant on here.
    POSTED 10 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

Sums it up perfectly. Too many follow leads rather than their own beliefs on here, too many steadfastly refuse to admit when they are wrong. But the few ‘normal’ people make it a nice place to be. I have had my disagreements with Matt but at the same time he is big enough to listen to another side to an argument. He’s one of the people on here I’d buy a drink for and happily chat face to face.

RealMan
    Free Member

Maybe we should just have a mass willy waving session, and then finally get an official ranked list of awesomeness for all STWers. That could sort out a few problems (maybe).

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Wunundred!!! 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

*waves at RealMan*

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Maybe we should just have a mass willy waving session, and then finally get an official ranked list of awesomeness for all STWers. That could sort out a few problems (maybe).

Hold on… Does biggest or smallest win?

RealMan
    Free Member

Its not the size of course, its how well you can wave it.

TSY is in the lead by the way.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

*goes into full helicopter for RealMan*

Yep, those are soap suds! 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

I would chat with him face to face of course – most of the issues we have on here are because we’re not face to face. I’m sure there would be no fights if everyone on STW were in the same pub.

Jamie
    Free Member

It is pretty shitty that Mat is being laid into, even tho he is not here.

While I like a STW mob as much as the next person…..this just seems…well…too much.

And I am saying that as someone who was on the receiving end of Mat’s vitriol.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

*waves TSY at RealMan*

RichPenny
    Free Member

And I am saying that as someone who was on the receiving end of Mat’s vitriol.

To be fair tho, I think he had a point on that occasion.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

*gets dizzy, wants to go to bed*

Jamie
    Free Member

To be fair tho, I think he had a point on that occasion

On which occasion?

RichPenny
    Free Member

Sorry, that was a joke 😉

Jamie
    Free Member

Don’t be sorry. Probably had a valid point 😉

ivantate
    Free Member

cant see the point in flouncing or deliberately laying into anyone.

The whole point of the forum is to get input from as many people as possible, 1 less will harm the breadth of experience here.

A clash of egos trying to get the last word has resukted in some silly repetitive threads and upset.

molgrips
    Free Member

I try never to lay into him. I just try to point out where the problems are coming from. Doesn’t work mind.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

You try to tell him where the problems are coming from *in your opinion*….

philconsequence
    Free Member

i like him 🙂 everyone has their passions, Mat must see cars as one of his.

the guy has survived this long with the amount of abuse he gets from strangers, takes some strength.

lodious
    Free Member

How about this for an action plan…..

1. S-M Return to forum.

2. We are all a bit nicer to each other.

clubber
    Free Member

It’s a crazy plan but it might just work…

philconsequence
    Free Member

a forum where people ride AND are nice to each other? i gotta be honest… that’s “MTB Britain forum” I’d say.

Xylene
    Free Member

I have had my disagreements with Matt but at the same time he is big enough to listen to another side to an argument.

What???

STW member(s) – SM it’s dangerous to tap your brake lights like that
    SM – I’m a member of the IAM, you have loads of points on your license, can’t drive, car is crap etc.
    STW member(s) – That’s not the point SM. Tapping your brake light isn’t left foot braking, it’s just dangerous
    SM – I’m a member of the IAM and have had hours of training. You are all crap and can’t drive. You pick on me.
    STW member(s) – But what you said to do and what you claimed it were are two different things.
    SM – I’m off. flouncy flouncy flouncy.

That pretty much sums it up to me.

What about the worst snow car thread where he tried to one-up people by having the worst snow car.

Odd character, met many like him on forums before, met a couple from the forums in real life and they are much the same.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 188 total)

The topic ‘Will Surf Matt return?’ is closed to new replies.