Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Will Rocket Ron Evo's work OK tubeless?
  • stumpy01

I’ve seen these on the On One website:

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/TYSCRRONEVO/schwalbe-rocket-ron-evo-folding-tyre?utm_source=Planet+X+and+On+One&utm_campaign=478019f3e7-16th_August_2011_Block_Version8_16_2011&utm_medium=email

and it reckons that they are “Schwalbe’s top of the line, tubeless ready carcass”.
    Does this mean that they will inflate easily with my bodged electrical tape tubeless conversion or will I curse & swear for 4 hours before giving up & sticking a tube in??
    The 2Bliss Spesh control that is on there at the moment works great tubeless, so I’ll just get another of those if there’s gonna be a massive issue with getting the Schwalbe sorted!

If it makes any difference, it’ll be on DTSwiss 240SL rims & I’ll be using stan’s sealant.

Ta.

njee20
    Free Member

Depends on your bodge, they work fantastically on Stan’s rims.

Despite the blurb, they don’t appear to the new ‘Pace Star’ Tubeless Ready ones, they’re older 2010 tyres without the tubeless bead, but like I say, I still find that version works perfectly tubeless.

stumpy01

Cheers. Might give one a go. If it doesn’t work I’ll just stick it on the back of the Inbred with a tube in, as the Speed King currently on there is almost bald!

kevin1911

Saw those tyres and was half tempted, but then saw the weight. 445g per tyre! Knowing Schwalbe’s reputation for tough sidewalls (not!), I decided they would probably not survive very long on rocky trails.

Anyone care to dispute that?

Pieface

I used Snakeskin evo FA’s and they’re ok, however the ‘snakeskin’ element supposedly beefs up the sidewall.

njee20
    Free Member

Anyone care to dispute that?

Nope! Rons are certainly not the tyre for rocky areas, the carcass is thinner than a Ralph/Nic, which as you say, are not known for their tough sidewalls.

stumpy01

Hmmmm, screw that then. I’ll just get another 2Bliss Captain.

Cheers chaps.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Kevin1911, I thought the same as you. Perhaps not the best thing for protecting expensive Flow rims around the peaks.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Will Rocket Ron Evo's work OK tubeless?’ is closed to new replies.