• This topic has 9 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by aP.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Will my optician glaze anything?
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

I really fancy a prescription conservatory.

No – seriously. Could I take a pair of Endura Stingrays in and ask them to make lenses, to fit, in my prescription?

I_Ache
    Free Member

Depends

donsimon
    Free Member

Ask them?

totalshell

i took a pair of favorite vintage rayban sunglasses in and .. said ” make em vari focal sunglasses and they did.. about a couple of hundred i think.. ( best lenses etc)

I_Ache
    Free Member

Looking at the Stingrays I doubt it. The lens looks too curved. Ray bans would be a lot easier because they are generally quite flat like normal glasses so easily done.

ThePinkster

As don simon said, why not just go and ask them? More likely to get a definitive answer that way.

MicArms

Was thinking along the lines of getting either some endura mullets, snapper or piranhas.

CountZero

There’s a limit to how curved the lens can be. Oakley used to do Rx Mumbos, but they did it by putting prescription inserts into the main lens. WHY8’s are possibly the most curved you can get, or so I was informed.
    I had Rx lenses put into a pair of Arnet Ravens, but they aren’t that great a wraparound.
    I’m now getting Rx lenses put into a pair of Ray-Ban Lennons, full varifocal and Drivewear photo reactive that works inside the car.
    Not sports glasses in any way, though.

T666DOM

Depends what your prescription is and the shape of the frame and the distance between your eyes.

Wrap around specs can be tricky to glaze as you can often get too much aberation/ distortion, it is possible to work around this with some lenses that a designed for wrap around frames, ultimately will still depend on your presciption, especially if you’re myopic.

aP
    Free Member

Rupp+Hubrach are the people to go to for high base prescription lenses.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Will my optician glaze anything?’ is closed to new replies.