Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Will I Pinch Flat Nobby Nics?
  • beanieripper
    Free Member

Sorry, tyre question. Been on Verticals forever and wouldnt mind something quicker for longer rides out. I tried some Nevegal 2.1s when they were at on one cheap, i was pinch flatting them 3-4 times a ride.. are nics any more robust than 2.1 nevs in this respect?

transapp
    Free Member

Probably won’t pinch flat however if you run them soft enough to flex down to the rim, the sidewalls will plit and it’ll go bang well before the life of the tyre is up (im my experiance) still good tyre though.

Northwind

If you run inappropriate pressures like you were with the Nevegals, then yes you’ll pinchflat any tyre.

Trimix
    Free Member

Tyre pressure – put some air in.

Start with 35 psi and experiment from there. Up or down, but you dont want them squirming about.

Sure, if you **** hard enough on a square edeged rock you will pinch anything, but thats going to be rare.

Im fat and ride hard with 30/35psi. I must have about one/two pinches a year at most and I ride 2 to 3 times a week off road.

beanieripper
    Free Member

Northwind, I wasnt running inappropriate pressures at all, ran them between 30 to 60 psi didnt matter what i did, im on a chameleon which is pretty stiff at the back though..

brakes
    Free Member

I’ve pinched and seen others pinch Racing Ralphs but not Nobby Nics

randomjeremy
    Free Member

bung some DH tubes in, no more flats even if you have skinny tires. Yes they are heavy and you might be slower uphill, but you aren’t a pro racer racing a race uphill so who cares?

Northwind

How on earth do you pinchflat any tyre with 60psi in so much? Something’s not right there.

beanieripper
    Free Member

Sorry i should have clarified, even at 40 psi if i got off the ground at speed the rear would pinch, I ended up pumping them up so hard (60psi) to stop it… obviously the back end was bouncing off everything at that pressure…

transapp
    Free Member

Possibly the Nevagals which are known to be prone to pinch flats?

coogan
    Free Member

Worst tyres I ever used. Pinch flats all the time with me. Sold after a month.

beanieripper
    Free Member

ok, cheers.. gonna give some cheap nn’s from on one a go.

scruzer
    Free Member

hi
    merlin are doing NNics Snakeskins 2.25 for 49£ pair, well last week at least!

beanieripper
    Free Member

will check, thanks.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Will I Pinch Flat Nobby Nics?’ is closed to new replies.