Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Will I die? (road content)
  • dharmstrong
    Free Member

My road bike is a trek which has the Clix QR system and the “lawyer tabs” on the fork. I have just bought some new wheels and am using the Shimano QR. There seems to be a bit of buzz now from the front wheel, I think it’s due to the different way the shimano QR clamps on the fork. It seems tight enough and you can’t pull the wheel out. Should I use the clix thing or stick with the Shimano?

jeffcapeshop
    Free Member

the dropout is no different for either though, is it? so shouldn’t be related..

scaredypants

lawyer tabs are mostly for disc brakes

you’ll be fine

right until you die

dharmstrong
    Free Member

Cheers

oldgit
    Free Member

wtf are/is Clix QR?

If the drop outs are just normal drop outs with lawyers lips, then Shimano QR’s will be fine.
    Buzz? that’s a bit weird.

dharmstrong
    Free Member

Helps ‘mericans not have a wheel fall out if they forget to tighten their QR up. Less spokes and lighter wheel than the lump of iron that bontrager called a wheel, might just be difference in wheels to be honest.

oldgit
    Free Member

Ah just watched the video, it has a little qr you pull before using the main QR.

I made a tit of myself not being able to undo the DT Swiss lever on my new wheels. Those just tighten up like wingnuts and you flip the lever in any place you want. The lever isn’t a QR on those DT Swiss.

golfcurry
    Free Member

dont i know it, snapped mine trying to use it like a QR, on my brand new canyon! hadn’t come across these before.

scaredypants

snapped mine trying to use it like a QR, on my brand new canyon!

sorry, and all

but 😆

(I could easily have done the same)

munrobiker
    Free Member

Clix do have special dropouts that’re present on Trek road bikes, but you can still use normal QRs in them (fortunately, because Clix is the stupidest thing to happen to wheels ever. More pointless than 15mm axles). It’s probably not this that’s the problem- what do you mean by buzz?

dharmstrong
    Free Member

When I bounce the front on the floor there is a buzz thorugh the wheel that wasn’t evident with the old wheelset. New tyres and tubes as well so it might just be the new setup.

crikey
    Free Member

My guess is the inner tube valve ring is loose.

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

Crikey has it right.

singlespeeddan
    Free Member

Check your headset?

oldgit
    Free Member

Check your floor boards.

dharmstrong
    Free Member

Thanks to crikey, it was the valve ring. Removed it, it’s “pro” according to a roadie mate……

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Will I die? (road content)’ is closed to new replies.