Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Wife's in labour
  • trusslebabes
    Free Member

My wife started having Braxton Hicks contractions on tuesday night, it has now turned into early labour but nothing is really happening. She has had her show and baby is fully engaged, but nothing seems to be changing in terms of intensity of contractions!!

Anyone got any ideas of things that might help or experience of same thing, she is shattered after three nights of hardly any sleep and contractions and i wish there was more i could do. We have spoken to assessment centre and they think it’s fairly normal but it is hard and we’re not even in full labour yet 😯

Xylene
    Free Member

Not much help, but my mate’s sister was in labour for five days.

Mrs Q is due tomorrow, but has been told to expect another week, she is pissed off byt this.

She has had Braxton’s on and off for a few weeks. Had a few last night.

I really hope that when it’s all over we find out it’s the baby that is making her snore like a pig.

trusslebabes
    Free Member

Hey Qurriel thanks made me smile (the snoring content). Mrs T is snoring like a trooper too, must be the baby, good luck for your little one arriving. 😀

kimbers

i have no advice as such, we had our first in november, labour was similarly long, its hard to see your wife in that much distress-
    all i can say is it will be worth it our kimbers junior is awesome
    as a bloke you do feel fairly superfluous, just be there and be confident and reassuring no matter how tired, stressed or worried you are on the inside

good luck!

Tiboy

My wife’s was due thrusday, but no sign of the new bean as yet, she’s also been having braxton’s on and off for a while! luckily she’s not too uncomfortable, just starting to get nervous about having to be induced!

She’s gone for a walk this morning though whilst I went for a quick ride round the woods, but that doesn’t seem to have helped!

All the best though, here’s hoping they all come soon!

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Curry is reputed to be good to kick off labour – get a decent takeaway in.

The comments about snoring make me laugh, Mrs MFL snored like a pig when heavily pregnant, did settle after delivery, but pregnancy has been the only time I’ve been required to sleep on the bloody sofa in my own home!

bruneep

Quirrel – Member
    Not much help, but my mate’s sister was in labour for five days.

Mrs B (midwife) says that there is no way she would have been in labour for that length of time.

bruk

Hmm baby came out 7 months ago but wife still snores. mainly now due to the vast number of bugs the wee monster brings home from nursery.

Good luck with the labour.

Xylene
    Free Member

Mrs B (midwife) says that there is no way she would have been in labour for that length of time.

From what I know, pains started at the weekend.

Tuesday she was “officially” in a labour

Thursday baby born. Four days of no sleep

Five days by my count.

“slow labour” was what was explained to her.

but of course I must be wrong because your wife said so…..

trusslebabes
    Free Member

Thanks all, Tiboy hope yours comes soon too 😀 We’re past the being able to go for a walk stage did that yesterday but today the contractions are worse and Mrs T is worn out from lack of sleep and the emotional rollercoaster! Had a spicy curry on Thurs and i was hoping that would’ve done the trick 😐

Hopefully thing might move forward later on today, just needs to move into full labour or waters to break then we’ll be off 😛

Tiboy

Sounds like you’re further along than us, no proper contractions here!

but it did mean I got to go for a ride round the woods, and found some ace singletrack…

trusslebabes
    Free Member

Nice one,that looks very nice on a sunny saturday morning. I’ve just got myself a road bike for the next few months because where i live i don’t have any decent off road riding 😥 so hoping to get some riding in that way.

Nice turner, my mate is very keen on them after he rode one round Dalby on a demo day, you had yours long?

Tiboy

not at all really, had it about 3 months but only ridden about 5 times. It’s an older horst link one not the newer DW link but rides really well, better than my ’05 enduro.

I am quite lucky with local riding, we just moved from Bristol to near the malverns, so a big change from having to get in the car everytime I wanted to ride. Still in that stage of finding lots of new singletrack, every ride is different!

Just had to go to town for flipflops, not essential I didn’t think when your 9 months pregnant but hey ho, not going to argue! Did find a good shop with local icecream though, very nice ginger and chocolate! 😀

trusslebabes
    Free Member

Wife’s waters broke at 8pm and our little girl was born at 10:14pm 😯 Flippin fast but very glad as she did really well and only had to use gas and air. For all of you waiting its amazing how the ladies bodies just kick in and take over naturally, quite awe inspiring 😀

Good luck

donsimon
    Free Member

Congratulations.

Tiboy

That’s great news! congratulations guys! 😀

rb
    Free Member

Congratulations, wish you all well

kaesae
    Free Member

😀

allmountainventure
    Free Member

Congratulations and welcome to the sleepless world.

My missus did loads of relaxation / mind over matter stuff through the whole pregnancy. It really helped on the day… and with the whole pre labour nerves thing. so i’d recommend that.

Dont over do it though. Our daughter was nearly born in the car because the missus was “fine chilling at home”.

RustySpanner

Hearty congrats to you all. 😀

edhornby

just gas and nowt else? good on her 🙂 congrstulations, miniEd 4months old is asleep on me as i type this. it’s great being a dad and i wasn’t the paternal type at all, you’ll be fine

mrsflash
    Free Member

congratulations 🙂

big_scot_nanny

Brilliant news, all the best!

Kev

matt_outandabout

whoop! Congratulations.

trusslebabes
    Free Member

Thanks all, both are doing really well and will be home tomorrow. :mrgreen: I tell you what i have some proper love for my wife after seeing her go through that.

Make sure you post when you have yours fella’s and all the best

Mark

kimbers

awesome news congrats to all 3 of you
    im reposting this pic of kimbers jnr 5months old he helped me fit some forks to his mums bike today
    get em started young i say

Tiboy

Well sunday night was eventful!! waters broke at 11.30pm, then contractions started 5 mins aparts! Was a pretty smooth labour, with my amazing wife giving birth to our 9lb3oz son with only gas and air! I can never complain about aching after my commute again!

All the best guys with whats to come! 😀

trusslebabes
    Free Member

Congratulations Tiboy and Mrs Tiboy!! Glad to hear all went well and you’re all doing good, your son was a whopper she did well too with only gas and air.

It is incredible watching it happen and what our wonderful wives go through, we’ve had two nights at home and we’re working or way through the feding/sleeping or lack of thing but like us i’m sure you wouldn’t have it any other way :mrgreen:

All the best and keep postin with updates on the little fella

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Wife's in labour’ is closed to new replies.